TNA Bound For Glory 2016 aired live on pay-per-view from the Impact Zone at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida.
– DJ Z (c) vs. Trevor Lee: DJ Z’s X Division Championship is on the line in this one. DJ controls the opening moments of the match, hitting a springboard arm drag off the middle rope. Lee comes back with a big boot that drops DJ Z on the floor. DJ Z comes back with a Frankensteiner off the top in the ring, and a couple flying back elbows. DJ Z hits a suicide dive over the top to the outside, then back in the ring hits a reverse hurricanrana. DJ goes for a DDT but Trevor blocks it and hits a German Suplex for a 2 count. DJ Z comes back with a Canadian Destroyer out of nowhere and a tornado DDT for the win to retain his X Division title.
– Bobby Lashley and EC3 are shown arriving at the Impact Zone.
– Drew Galloway cuts a promo in the back about not being cleared by doctors for tonight’s show.
– Eli Drake def. Tyrus, Robbie E, Jessie Godderz, Baron Dax, Grado, Mahabali Shera, Rockstar Spud, Braxton Sutter, Basile Baraka: The winner of this 10-man gauntlet will receive a title shot for a championship of his choosing. Grado gets eliminated within 10 seconds of entering the ring. The match comes down to Godderz, Tyrus and Drake. The finish comes when Godderz has Tyrus up against the ropes trying to eliminate him, but Eli Drake sneaks up from behind and eliminates them both in a fairly short match. Drake will get a future shot at any championship of his choosing, with the condition that he gives the champion one week notice.
– Jeremy Borash is in the back interviewing Chef Robert Irvine about his wife Gail Kim being inducted into the TNA Hall of Fame. Maria and Mike Bennett interrupt, and Irvine tells them it’s going to be a bad night for them.
– Moose def. Mike Bennett: Moose chases Bennett around the ring early on, then Bennett starts going to work on him. Moose hits a dropkick, and Bennett comes back with a suicide dive on Moose on the outside. They brawl around ringside and Bennett tries to hit a splash off the ring steps, but Moose catches him on his shoulders and throws Bennett into the ring post. Bennett comes back with a back body drop that sends Moose crashing into the ring steps. Back in the ring, Bennett continues the offense on Moose and starts working on his left knee. Moose comes back with a vertical suplex that sends Bennett flying into the turnbuckle. Moose hits a series of clotheslines followed up by a pop-up powerbomb and a senton bomb for a near-fall. Moose hits a clothesline for another near-fall. Bennett comes back with a boot to the face and a tornado DDT. Bennett follows up with a piledriver for a two count. They trade blows in the middle of the ring until Moose hits a springboard clothesline off the top. Moose hits a choke powerbomb then a clothesline for the win.
– Aaron Rex def. Eddie Edwards: This match is to crown the first ever Impact Grand Champion, with three 5-minute rounds. Judges are at ringside to score the bout. Back and forth action between Edwards and Rex in the opening minutes, with lots of mat wrestling until Edwards hits a dropkick that drops Rex. Edwards throws Rex outside and follows up with a suicide dive. Back in the ring Edwards hits a missile dropkick off the top for a two count. Round one ends and it’s announced that the judges scored it in Edwards’ favor. Rex starts round 2 in control and hits a series of knees to Edwards’ face. Rex puts Edwards in the Figure Four, and the lights go out in the arena. Josh Matthews announces that they are having technical issues, and two spotslights turn on from the ceiling to illuminate the ring. After a minute or two, the lights come back on, and Edwards hits a missile dropkick off the top rope. Rex comes back with some big right hands as round 2 comes to a close. Rex is awarded round 2 by the judges, and he starts off the third round with a spear in the corner on Edwards. The offense seems evenly matched for the first half of the third round. Edwards hits a kick to the head of Rex then goes up top the top turnbuckle. Rex throws Edwards down to the mat, then follows up with a flying neckbreaker for a near-fall. Rex goes for a spinning clothesline, but Edwards ducks and hits a running knee to the face. Rex and Edwards exchange blows as the third round ends and the referee has to separate them. Edwards briefly scuffles with the referee before things are finally separated. Jeremy Borash announces that the judges have awarded Aaron Rex the winner via split decision, and we have our first TNA Grand Champion.
– Christy Hemme, Awesome Kong, and Dixie Carter come out to say a few words about Gail Kim for her Hall of Fame induction. Dixie introduces Gail Kim, who comes out to give her Hall of Fame induction speech. We see a video highlighting her TNA career, along with some words from Billy Corgan, Madison Rayne, and Al Snow.
– Matt & Jeff Hardy def. The Decay: Reby Sky is playing the piano for Matt Hardy’s entrance, and The Decay jump starts things by spraying the mist in her face. The two teams brawl all over the ring and ringside, with Abyss using a staple gun on Jeff Hardy’s face before brawling with Matt to the backstage area. Abyss lays out the referee and continues brawling with Matt, while Jeff and Steve brawl through another section of the backstage area. Matt and Abyss start brawling through the streets of Universal Studios, while Jeff and Steve brawl in the arena with pumpkins and watermelons. Jeff turns into Willow and starts going to work on Steve, while elsewhere in Orlando we see Matt and Abyss brawling in the bed of a moving pickup truck. Willow and Steve brawl back to ringside and Steve hits a cannonball on Willow up against the ring steps. The pickup truck gets back near the arena and Abyss and Matt brawl back into the Impact Zone. Abyss hits a vertical suplex on Matt on the ramp, while back in the ring Willow has transformed back into Jeff Hardy. Abyss throws Matt back into the ring and pulls out some thumbtacks. Before Abyss can lay out the thumbtacks, Matt hits the Twist of Fate and Jeff hits the Swanton Bomb for a near-fall on Abyss. Matt hits a Side Effect on Abyss onto a barbed wire board with thumbtacks on it, then the lays another barbed wire board on top of Abyss. Matt hits a an elbow drop off the middle rope onto the board, sandwiching Abyss in the barbed wire. Matt pins but Rosemary breaks the pin. Reby comes back and powerbombs Rosemary through a table at ringside. Jeff lays out Steve with a steel chair at ringside, then throws a table in the ring. They set up a huge ladder in the ring with Steve on the table, and Matt leads the crowd in a Delete chant. Jeff hits the Swanton off the top of the ladder onto Steve through the table for the win. Matt and Jeff Hardy celebrate in the ring with their new Tag Team Championships as the crowd chants “Delete.”
– Gail Kim def. Maria: Maria tries to say she’s not cleared to wrestle tonight, but her apprentice blows her cover and reveals that she has been cleared. Gail slides out of the ring and she brawls with Maria around ringside to start the match. They go back and forth in the opening moments until Mike Bennett throws a wrist brace to Maria and she hits Gail in the head with it. Gail comes back with a series of clotheslines then puts Maria in the ring post figure four. Back in the ring, Gail hits the Eat Defeat to win the Knockouts Title in a fairly short match.
– After the match, Mike Bennett cuts a promo saying he’s shutting down Bound for Glory and no one can stop him. Cody and Brandi Rhodes come out to interrupt. Maria slaps Brandi and they start fighting, then Cody and Bennett start going at it. Cody hits a springboard kick off the middle rope that sends Bennett to the outside.
– Bobby Lashley def. EC3: During the ring announcements, Lashley spears EC3 when he’s not looking. Lashley grabs Borash and makes him finish the ring announcements. The bell rings and EC3 takes control the match, taking things to the outside and hitting a vertical suplex on the floor. After some more brawling around ringside, Lashley takes things back in the ring and hits a series of clotheslines. EC3 comes back with a dropkick and a t-bone suplex. Carter follows up with some knee strikes and neckbreaker for a two count. Lashley comes back with a spear out of nowhere for a two count of his own. Lashley goes for a triangle choke but Carter reverses into a powerbomb. Carter is slow to recover, and Lashley is able to hit a running powerslam. Lashley grabs his title belt and goes to hit Carter with it, but Carter comes back with a fireman’s carry into a neckbreaker. After exchanging some right hands, Carter comes back with a spear of his own for a two count. Lashley rolls outside, and Carter hits the TK3 on the ring steps. Back in the ring, Carter hits a frogsplash for a two count. Lashley comes back with a spear, then grabs a steel chair and drills Carter in the back with it a few times. Lashley gets Carter in a choke but Carter escapes with a series of elbows to the head. Carter hits a series of German suplexes on the champion, then hits the One Percenter for a two count. Carter takes Lashley up top, but Lashley pushes him off and spears him from the middle rope for the win.