– The Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission conformed the following medical suspensions from UFC 101:
* Kenny Florian: 45-days for precautionary reasons, and must have a CT scan of his facial bones.
* Tamdan McCrory: 45-days for precautionary reasons, needs a full eye exam and doctor’s clearance before returning to the cage
* Forrest Griffin: 30-days for precautionary reasons.
* Amir Sadollah: 30-days for precautionary reasons
* Dan Cramer: 30-days for precautionary reasons.
* Danillo Villefort: 30-days for precautionary reasons.
– It is quickly approaching a year since Patrick Cote injured his knee in a failed attempt to capture the UFC middleweight belt from current champion Anderson Silva. And it is starting to look like it may approach a year-and-a-half before the Canadian is able to fight again.
Cote on Monday informed MMAWeekly.com that, despite his best efforts, his “MCL is busted.” He will remain out of commission until next year.
“My ACL is good, but my MCL is busted,” he stated. “So I have to go under surgery again.”
Cote said that he will go in for surgery on Wednesday, and that a likely return to the Octagon is a long ways off.
“Not before February or March, for sure.”
Cote signed a new four-fight contract with the UFC this summer. He recently went in to the doctor to have his knee checked, anticipating an approval to return to training for a hopeful return this fall. Instead, he received a metaphorical kick in the head instead of being able to start actually delivering them again for real.
“It’s like the bad luck is still against me, but what can I do?” he told MMAWeekly, still in good spirits. “I’ll be back. I’m going to heal very, very well and after that my knee will be 100-percent. It sucks, but hey.”
If the surgery goes well and his rehab schedule stays on track, Cote will be able to start a conditioning program within a couple of weeks, and then return to fight training sometime around October.
“I can’t wait to be back,” he said, the yearning evident in his voice.
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|16||Backstage News on Roman Reigns' WrestleMania 31 Push, How WWE Sees Dean Ambrose, More|
|15||Video: CM Punk Talks to ESPN About His MMA Skills, Vince McMahon & Dana White, More|
|10||Backstage News on WWE NXT Takeover Creative, WWE Legend Holds Tryouts, TLC Attendance|
|8||Speculation on Heat Between Big Show and Roman Reigns After Punch on Monday's WWE RAW|
|7||CM Punk Gets Into It with TV Host; Calls Him Two Faced, Update on Lesnar and the RAW Reunion Show|