Thursday’s UFC on Versus 3 event will be the organization’s first to air in 3D, officials today announced.
The event takes place March 3 at the KFC Yum! Center in Louisville with a Diego Sanchez vs. Martin Kampmann headliner.
The 3D telecast will be made available live to those with 3D-capable TV sets through dedicated 3D channels on affiliates across the country, including Comcast XFINITY.
The event also airs in its normal 2D format on Versus and Versus HD (9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT) with UFC commentators Joe Rogan and Mike Goldberg.
“We’re really excited to start broadcasting UFC events in 3D,” UFC President Dana White stated. “UFC is ahead of the curve when it comes to introducing new technology, and we think UFC fans will really enjoy seeing fights in 3D.”
The 3D broadcast features a separate production crew and equipment. Additionally, veteran play-by-play voice Todd Harris and UFC featherweight Kenny Florian call the action for the 3D broadcast.
The official UFC on Versus 3 lineup now includes:
- Martin Kampmann vs. Diego Sanchez
- C.B. Dollaway vs. Mark Munoz
- Alessio Sakara vs. Chris Weidman
- Brian Bowles vs. Damacio Page
- Danny Castillo vs. Joe Stevenson
- Cyrille Diabate vs. Steve Cantwell
- Shane Roller vs. Thiago Tavares
- Reuben Duran vs. Takeya Mizugaki
- Rob Kimmons and Dongi Yang
- Dave Branch vs. Rousimar Palhares
- Todd Brown vs. Igor Pokrajac