- With his loss to Josh Koscheck at UFC 103, the appears that the UFC is likely to drop Frank Trigg from his contract. Dana White made the following comments at the UFC 103 post-fight press conference…
“I think Trigg is one of those guys (like Mirko ‘Cro Cop’ Filipovic). These (other) guys are young and explosive. There’s just a whole other level of talent out there, man, and that’s the way it works. That’s the way this business is.”
When asked if he would give some thought before terminating Trigg’s contract, White replied, “I doubt it, he got smoked tonight.”
Trigg commented on the loss, sating the following…
“I made a stupid mistake. I stood on his foot in the corner, and I got caught with a punch. If they say I’m done, I’m done If the UFC cuts me, I’m done fighting. I don’t have the strength or determination to go fight in the minor leagues anymore. I’ve done it before. I didn’t come back here for one fight … so I could say I retired as a UFC fighter. I came back to make a run at a title fight. I want to fight. But if they’re done with me, that’s it.”
– Trigg also made the following comments on his Twitter today…
* I used to be the bomb dropper, ohhh how things have changed, I just got news from far right field.
* I think there is a mistake. IF the UFC drops me I will retire, as of right now I’m still with the UFC looking for my next fight. …..
* If I can’t fight for the UFC, I will move on to something else.
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|17||Vince McMahon Reportedly Upset Over Brock Lesnar Wanting to Discuss a New Deal at UFC 184|
|14||Backstage News on Vince McMahon and Brock Lesnar Arguing at RAW, Is Lesnar Expected for WrestleMania?|
|7||WWE RAW Report - 3/2/15|
|5||Backstage News on WWE's Plans for Sheamus, WWE Legend Praises Bray Wyatt, WWE Documentaries|
|5||Photo: Brock Lesnar Attends UFC 184 with UFC President Dana White|