- As noted before, WWE held the annual shareholder’s meeting on Friday morning at WWE Headquarters in Stamford, CT. Here are some more highlights:
* A shareholder asked if it was time to drop the price of pay-per-views due to a drop in buyrates and Vince said no. Another shareholder asked about WWE offering all pay-per-view events as a package like other sports. Vince said it was a possibility but they have to see whether or not the PPV’s will be includes as a part of the WWE Network and if so, how that changes their plans.
* A shareholder asked if pay-per-view events would be shown on the Network. Vince said they were formulating that and it all depended on pricing.
* Announcements will be coming “very shortly” about the future of NXT and Superstars distribution. WWE has used the shows in contract negotiations for the Network. They have strategically held back on bringing the shows back to TV.
* Vince was asked about concern over WrestleMania 29 and the chance that it will be held in 40 degree with a possibility of now. Vince mentioned fans going to MLB and NFL events outdoors, dressing appropriately and said the same will happen at WrestleMania. He added that if it snows, it will be a lot of fun.
* WWE Classics On Demand will most likely be dropped when the Network launches.
* Regarding the Network launching, Vince admitted he did not have an answer but said an announcement is forthcoming. He said they are taking their time so they can keep options open.
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|19||Hulk Hogan Says Steve Austin Is A "Constant Bitch"|
|5||Goldberg Responds to Comment on WWE Snub, Diva Gets New Theme, More|
|4||John Cena on WWE Talents Having a Chance To Step Up, Hulk Hogan on Vince at His Birthday|
|3||Drew McIntyre on Being Vince's "Chosen One", Leaving WWE, Wrestling Getting a Bad Rap|
|2||NXT Star Says He's Bringing Brutality Back to WWE, Top Name Doing Shoot Interview, Angle & Bruno|