Here are the results from tonight’s (Tuesday, January 3, 2017) episode of WWE 205 Live (courtesy of Wrestling Inc.):
– We open the show with a video package highlighting Neville running roughshod through the Cruiserweight Division since his emphatic return.
– The announce team welcomes us, tells us Rich Swann is out due to injury from Neville, and we head to the ring for our first match of the evening, featuring the returning Tajiri.
Tajiri vs. Sean Maluta
The former three time Cruiserweight Champion makes his return to the WWE ring. Maluta had some great matches on the CWC. Stiff shots and reversals dominate the early part of the match. Maluta using heavy strikes but one of the master of strikes regains the advantage. Tajiri able to tie Maluta up in the Tarantula. Tajiri with a trio of Buzzsaw Kicks followed by a springboard back elbow. One more swift kick gets the job done for the veteran.
Winner via Pinfall: Tajiri
– After the match, Brian Kendrick comes out and welcomes Tajiri back to the WWE. He shmoozes it up a bit, rids the ring of Maluta, goes for the handshake, and it’s the GREEN MIST! Kendrick writhing in pain from the mist as Tajiri stalks his prey.
– Backstage with Neville. He says no one but him would be CW Champ if he was in the division from the start. He said he’s been discriminated against since he step foot in America. Says if the system is broke, then make your own system.
– Video package featuring “The Premiere Athlete,” Tony Nese.
– A look back at Gentleman Jack Gallagher’s chicanery since his debut and the “gentlemen’s duel” from last week.
Tony Nese vs. Jack Gallagher
Quite the style differential and the tan differential in this one. Technical savvy versus power and agility. After an initial flurry, Nese able to overpower Gallagher. After a whip, Gallagher able to get to his trademark headstand on the top rope and block corner attacks with boots. He twists out of a bad spot and sends Nese to the outside. Daivari comes in out of nowhere and hits a chop block to cause the DQ.
No Contest: Interference
– After the match, Daivari continues the assault as officials come and break it up.
– Backstage with Cedric Alexander and Alicia Fox. They each blame themselves for Cedric’s recent losses and have a quick smooch to end the segment.
Noam Dar vs. Mustafa Ali
Ali pins Dar in the corner and Dar immediately calls the ref for the break. Dar has been a great scumbag heel since his introduction. Great rana and spin kick from Ali to send Dar to the outside. Upon reentering, Dar attacks Ali and works over the arm. Snapmare into another arm submission and adding a crossface and knee to the face for good measure. Crowd helps Ali get out with open hand strikes to the midsection. Ali with the arm drag to get out momentarily, Dar counters. Multiple roll-ups to no avail for either man. Sweet springboard tornado DDT from Ali and both men are down. We’re up at eight, Ali ducks a corner attack, hits a huge kick and sets up a roll-through neck breaker. Long two count. Ali selling the arm, goes for the springboard, and gets caught in an arm bar. Ali gets close to the ropes, rolls over for a crucifix cover for a two. Dar gets knocked silly with a boot. Ali to the top, hits the Inverted 450, and we have a winner.
Winner via Pinfall: Mustafa Ali
– Dasha interviews Dar after the loss. He says 2017 will be a great year as long as lady luck, Alicia Fooxxxx, by his side.
– Video package highlight Akira Tozawa. Well thought-out with established English-speaking superstars putting him over. He will be arriving to 205 Live soon.
Neville vs. TJ Perkins
Neville with a remixed theme and has a stare-off with a few kids on the way down to the ring. Perkins interviewed by Tom Phillips. Calls Neville a bully, and you have to stand up to bullies by kicking them in the face.
Traditional handshake refused by both men as TJP bounces around in his Nike’s. Dueling “let’s go Neville” / “TJP” chants as the two grapple for a moment before a rope break. Perkins gets an arm take down and Neville takes a second to think over the situation. Perkins with a spinning head scissors take down and keeps Neville at bay. Second spinning take down attempt, but Neville able to land on his feet. Athletic whip exchange ending with a flying head scissors and wheel barrel bulldog from TJP. Neville steps outside for a breather.
Back in, Neville able to display his power. He heads up top and hits a missile drop kick that sends TJP flying. Neville slowing the pace with a rear chin lock. Perkins slips out, but met with an elbow sending Perkins to the mat. Neville looking for a 450 but nobody home. Perkins with quick strikes, leaps a corner attack, and hits a neck breaker. Dive to the outside connects from Perkins and directly puts Neville back in the ring. He heads to the top and hits a flying cross body on Neville for a long two. Neville grabs TJP as he is on the outside and attempts a suplex over the ropes, but can’t connect. Right hand from TJP creates separation and hits a springboard Frankensteiner for a two. Perkins gets Neville up for the Detonation Kick but Neville fights out. They trade kicks. Perkins goes for the knee bar transition but Neville catches him and deadlifts him into a wheel barrel suplex. Bridge cover for a near fall.
Right hand stuns Neville, TJP to the top, and Neville hits the ropes for a crotch shot. Neville joins him up top looking for the Superplex. No luck on the first try, but a kick to the head sets it up and connects the second time. One, two, three. Neville wins a fun match-up.
Winner via Pinfall: Neville
– We see highlights from the match as Neville menacingly celebrates in the ring as we head off the air.