– WWE and John Cena received the following Sports Social TV Awards this past week:
* Best Special Event (WrestleMania 29)
* Best Social Commerce or Marketing Program (WWE)
* Social TV Sports Entertainer of the Year (John Cena)
– We’ve been covering how indie wrestler Devon Nicholson sued WWE Hall of Famer Abdullah the Butcher for $2.3 million after Nicholson claimed that Abdullah gave him Hepatitis C when he bladed in a 2007 match without Nicholson’s consent. This led to Nicholson claiming that he lost a WWE developmental deal because he had the disease. Nicholson announced late last year that he had been cured. Nicholson told The Ottawa Community News last week that he returned to the ring back in May and will be getting a tryout with WWE on July 18th in Iowa.
There are no WWE events in Iowa that weekend but the Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame is going on and WWE’s Gerald Brisco will be hosting a talent seminar that Friday afternoon in Waterloo, Iowa. That could be what Nicholson was referring to or he may have an individual tryout with Brisco scheduled.
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|20||"Stone Cold" Steve Austin Denies Yet Another WrestleMania 32 Related Story|
|14||WWE Cancels An Upcoming Live Event - The Reason Why Included|
|10||CM Punk Blasts Susan G. Komen For The Cure On Twitter|
|9||Vince Russo Rips TNA For Their Big Announcement: "TNA Has Literally Become A Joke"|
|9||Backstage News On Daniel Bryan’s Future In WWE|