- Tonight’s WWE RAW Pre-show opens up with Josh Mathews, Booker T, Alex Riley and Dolph Ziggler. They hype Daniel Bryan’s return and the Intercontinental Title tournament semi-finals. Ziggler brings up The Shield vs. Evolution. We see a replay from SmackDown where Triple H announced the match for Extreme Rules.
- Riley talks about the feud and wonders if The Shield can overcome the experience Evolution has. We go to the ring as Big E is facing Damien Sandow in a match for Superstars. Mathews brings up the Twitter war between Ziggler and Sandow. They hype Hugh Jackman’s return to RAW next week. Ziggler wants to bury the hatchet and get rid of Sandow. We get a video for John Cena and The Wyatt Family. We see Big E get the win over Sandow in the ring. Jerry Lawler interviews Big E and asks him about the tournament. Big E talks about how he wants to face the best so he can beat the best. He says he will walk out of Extreme Rules still champion. We go to Network promos.
- We see footage from last week where Stephanie McMahon taunted Kane until he brought the mask back. Booker predicts Kane is going to hurt somebody. We go to a Kane video package as Kofi Kingston comes out for Superstars. We get a video package for the Intercontinental Title contender’s tournament. Renee Young is backstage with Sheamus. He’s ready to give a Brogue Kick to Bad News Barrett tonight. We go back to the panel. Ziggler talks about brawling with Barrett last week. Riley predicts Cesaro will win. We go to more Network promos. We come back and JBL is making his entrance to a big pop. Jerry Lawler is out next to a pop. That’s it for the pre-show.
- Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with a look at last week where 11 Superstars were sent to face The Shield. We see the beatdown from Evolution and the promo from Triple H. We’re live from Baltimore as Michael Cole welcomes us.
- We go to the ring as fans are chanting “yes!” already. WWE World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan makes his way out to a big pop as his new wife Brie Bella waits in the ring.
Stephanie McMahon’s music hits and out she comes to boos. She claps while walking to the ring. Fans are booing big time as Stephanie talks about wanting to come congratulate them. Stephanie insults their wedding. Stephanie says WWE wanted to get Bryan and Brie a wedding present. She announces that Bryan will defend the title against Kane at Extreme Rules. Stephanie suggests Bryan keep his pretty little wife out of harms way. Kane’s music hits and keeps playing. Stephanie yells for Kane to stay where he’s at because this is not the time or the place. Bryan and Brie back out of the ring. Kane appears behind the barrier. He and Bryan go at it on the floor. Stephanie yells at Brie to run. Bryan mounts some offense but Kane drops him and nails a Tombstone on the floor. Stephanie is yelling at Kane to stop the whole time but she’s looking on like she doesn’t mind. Kane takes apart the steps and hits a Tombstone on top of the bottom part. Stephanie calls for EMT’s to come check on Bryan. Fans start chanting for Bryan as officials check on him and they bring a stretcher out. JBL says Stephanie tried to stop this but the other announcers aren’t buying it. Kane walks off as Bryan is loaded on a stretcher. Kane comes back over and tips the stretcher over. Kane pushes everyone away and rips the neck brace off Bryan. Kane takes apart the announcers table. Stephanie is still screaming at him to stop. Kane pulls Bryan on top of the announcers table and Tombstones him but the table doesn’t break. Stephanie calls Kane a bastard. Trainers and EMT’s come back over and put the brace back on Bryan. Kane walks off as fans chant “bastard” at him. We go to commercial with Bryan being loaded onto a stretcher.
- Back from the break and Bryan is still being loaded on the stretcher. We get a replay of what just happened. They wheel Bryan up the ramp and Brie is by his side. Stephanie is somber in the ring. She asks the fans to give a round of applause for Bryan. She holds up his title belts and gets booed.
WWE Intercontinental Title Contender’s Tournament: Bad News Barrett vs. Sheamus
We go to the ring for our first semi-final tournament match. Bad News Barrett is out first. Barrett has some bad news but it’s not as bad as Daniel Bryan’s bad news. Barrett says the luck of the Irish is running out. He says this is the day Sheamus is defeated by him. Sheamus is out next to a big pop.
The bell rings and they go at it, trading shots in the corners. Sheamus hits the rolling senton and is actually getting a mixed reaction. Barrett climbs up for a superplex but Sheamus ends up knocking him to the floor with a boot. Sheamus leaps out with a crossbody to the floor. Sheamus rolls Barrett back in the ring. Barrett blocks the 10 Beats of The Bodhran and sends Sheamus into the ring post. Barrett sends Sheamus off the apron with a boot to the face. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Barrett kicks Sheamus in the face. Sheamus turns it around with a big powerslam. Sheamus makes a comeback and hits the Bodhran. Sheamus goes to the top and takes Barrett out. Sheamus with a big backbreaker for a 2 count We see Big E watching backstage. Barrett blocks White Noise. Sheamus blocks Wasteland. Barrett ducks a Brogue Kick and hits Winds of Change for a close 2 count. Barrett readies for the Bullhammer elbow but Sheamus ducks and hits White Noise for a 2 count. They trade shots from their knees now. Sheamus ducks a clothesline and they both tumble over the top to the floor.
They come back in as fans chant “this is awesome.” Sheamus charges into the ropes but runs into a Bullhammer. Barrett wins and advances to the finals.
Winner: Bad News Barrett
- Still to come, Evolution will be here. We go to commercial.
- Back from the break and we get a Bo Dallas vignette. The announcers talk about Hugh Jackman coming to RAW next week and we see footage from his appearance in 2011.
- Fans can vote on the WWE App for John Cena’s opponent tonight – Luke Harper, Harper and Erick Rowan or the entire Wyatt Family. We go to the stage and The Wyatt Family is out. Bray cuts a promo. Bray says tonight would be a wonderful night for change. Bray says they have left the power in the fans hands tonight. Bray says tonight, fans make a choice and asks what fate will they choose for their knight in shining armor. Bray talk about Extreme Rules sings “he’s got the whole world in his hands” and that’s it. We go to commercial.
Los Matadores and El Torito vs. Drew McIntyre, Jinder Mahal and Hornswoggle
Back from the break and El Torito is out with Los Matadores. 3MB is out next with Hornswoggle. We see footage of Hornswoggle and Torito feuding last week.
It looks like Drew and one of the Matadores are starting but Hornswoggle wants Torito in. They face off and start slapping each other. They start going at it. Torito with a springboard shoulder block and a Bronco Buster. Torito with a springboard moonsault for a 2 count as Jinder breaks the pin. One of the Matadores sends Jinder out to the floor. Drew tags in and corners Torito but knocks the other Matadore off the apron. Torito charges and hits Heath Slater below the belt. Drew grabs Torito but gets kicked low too Matadores hold Drew for a triple team move for the win as Torito gets the pin.
Winners: El Torito and Los Matadores
- We see footage of Evolution beating up The Shield last week. A limousine pulls into the arena live and out first comes Batista. Triple H is out next followed by Randy Orton. Evolution heads into the arena as we go to commercial.
- Back from the break and out comes Evolution to a pop.
There are some boos as Evolution gets ready to speak. Triple H must be suffering from a cold because his voice is very scratchy. He talks about spanking The Shield last week and says that was just the beginning. Orton speaks next and says it was one careless act by The Shield that began their destruction and the return of Evolution. Orton shows us a video package looking at Evolution. Batista says The Shield has no idea what they’ve gotten themselves into. He says to deal with that. The Shield’s music hits and out they come through the crowd to a big pop.
Evolution leaves the ring and backs up the ramp as The Shield hits the ring. Dean Ambrose says last week wasn’t the first time they have been beat up and won’t be the last. Ambrose asks Triple H if they look humbled to him. Ambrose yells it at Triple H. Ambrose calls Orton a creampuff. Ambrose says The Shield is the most ruthless and dirtiest. He says they are hungry and angry now. Seth Rollins says it took all those guys to beat them down last week. Rollins says they started this and tells Batista they have every idea what they’re getting into. Rollins says at Extreme Rules, they will come face to face with the Hounds of Justice and it will be all out war. Rollins says each member of Evolution will be looking out for themselves, not each other. Rollins says they are the most dominant force in WWE and will rip Evolution to pieces. He says their little reunion is going to come to an abrupt halt. Roman Reigns says this week they give Evolution an ultimatum. He says he’s going to drop the mic and they’re going to come beat Evolution’s asses. They have two options – be men and try to fight or be creampuffs and hide. The Shield drops the mic and heads up the ramp but a bunch of heel Superstars come out and stand with Evolution. Triple H says option three. He says in life either you adapt or perish. He tosses the mic and The Shield stares them down.
- We see what happened between Kane and Daniel Bryan earlier. Cole says Bryan has been taken to a local medical facility to be checked out.
- Voting is now open on the WWE App for John Cena’s opponent tonight. Back to commercial after an Adam Rose vignette.
The Usos vs. Cody Rhodes and Goldust
Back from the break and we get WWE Network hype. Ryback and Curtis Axel are out for commentary before WWE Tag Team Champions The Usos come out. We see footage of the Naomi and Jimmy Uso wedding on Total Divas. Out next comes Cody Rhodes and Goldust for a non-title match.
Goldust and Jey Uso start things off. Goldust with an atomic drop and some arm drags. Uso comes back with a throw of his own. Goldust and Uso shove each other. They go at it again and Goldust nails a clothesline. Cody tags in with a springboard dropkick and a 2 count. More back and forth. There’s some tension between Cody and Goldust as The Usos get the win.
Winners: The Usos
- After the match, Ryback and Axel attack The Usos from behind and beat them down. They toss one of the Usos out of the ring and double team the other. Ryback hits Shellshocked.
- The announcers hype WWE Slam City.
- Still to come, Cesaro vs. Rob Van Dam. Back to commercial.
Layla vs. Emma
Back from the break and Layla is dancing in the ring with Fandango. Emma is out next with Santino Marella.
Fandango trips Santino off the apron and Layla attacks a distracted Emma to start the match. Layla keeps control and keeps Emma on the mat with a submission. Emma fights to her feet but misses a dropkick. Layla wastes time and shows off for Fandango. Layla taunts Emma now. Emma ducks a clothesline and they collide in mid-air. Santino hits Fandango with the Cobra on the floor. Emma takes a pink sock out of her boot and she has her own Cobra now. She nails Layla with it for the win.
- After the match, Santino celebrates with Emma and their Cobras kiss. Santino’s Cobra tries to get a little too friendly for a PG show.
- Fans can vote now on the WWE App for John Cena’s opponent. Back to commercial.
- Renee Young is backstage with John Cena. He says his fate lies in the hands of the WWE Universe. Cena says if the fans want him to fight the whole Wyatt Family, he will. We hear dueling chants come from the crowd. Cena talks about how he keeps hearing “the whole world in his hands” and it keeps getting louder. Cena says he’s beginning to wonder if that’s true. He says if he can make it through tonight, the steel cage at Extreme Rules will make sure the odds are even. Cena says the mission is to survive tonight. He says Bray can try his best to put him down but he should never count him out.
WWE Intercontinental Title Contender’s Tournament: Cesaro vs. Rob Van Dam
Sirens start up and out comes Cesaro, with a new theme song and Paul Heyman. The music stops and Heyman introduces Cesaro, surprisingly to boos. Heyman also brags about Brock Lesnar ending The Streak. More boos for Heyman. We go to commercial right in the middle of Heyman talking.
Back from the break and Heyman is still ranting and screaming about Lesnar ending The Streak. Rob Van Dam’s music interrupts to a big pop. They lock up and trade holds. Cesaro with a shoulder and a 1 count. Cesaro keeps control and fans chant for RVD. RVD with a big thrust kick out of the corner. RVD catapults Cesaro across the ring and gets a pop from the crowd. Cesaro turns it back around and nails a suplex for a 2 count.
Cesaro ends up dropkicking RVD into the ring post and sending him out to the floor. We go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Cesaro nails a chest stomp after some back and forth. Cesaro with a 2 count. Cesaro with a gutwrench slam for another pin attempt. Cesaro keeps control and boots RVD in the face. Cesaro with an elbow drop for a 2 count. Cesaro keeps RVD on the mat now. RVD comes back and drops Cesaro with a kick to the face. RVD with a big clothesline and back kick to the face. RVD nails Rolling Thunder for a 2 count. RVD with more offense and a thrust kick from the top. RVD goes to the top but Cesaro knocks him off with a big uppercut. RVD knocks Cesaro off the top again and nails the split-legged moonsault for a close 2 count. Cesaro ducks a heel kick and nails a big uppercut while RVD is hung up in the corner. Cesaro with a 2 count. They trade right hands in the middle of the ring now. RVD with a leg scissors into a 2 count. Cesaro with a big underhook powerbomb that drops RVD on his head for a 2 count. Cesaro goes for the Cesaro Swing but Jack Swagger’s music hits before he can do it. Swagger and Zeb Colter come out. RVD kicks a distracted Cesaro out of the ring. RVD splashes Cesaro off the apron as Swagger distracts him. Heyman and Zeb argue at ringside. Cesaro rolls RVD back in but Swagger sends Cesaro flying into the ring post. The referee didn’t see it. Cesaro gets counted out and RVD advances.
Winner by Count Out: Rob Van Dam
- After the match, Swagger and Cesaro fight in the ring. Cesaro tosses Swagger and stares down Zeb. Cesaro goes for the Cesaro Swing on Zeb but Swagger makes the save. Cesaro gets the upperhand and hits the Swing on Swagger before kicking him out of the ring. Heyman and Cesaro talk in the ring as Cesaro’s new theme plays.
- We get another look at what happened with Kane and Daniel Bryan earlier tonight. Cole says it appears Bryan has just suffered a bad stinger. We go back to commercial.
- Back from the break and Renee Young is with Rob Van Dam. She asks him about moving on to the finals next week. Heyman and Cesaro walk up. Heyman says congratulations. Cesaro says RVD needs to thank Zeb and Swagger for the win. Cesaro says everyone knows RVD couldn’t beat Cesaro on his own. Heyman says the RVD he knew would never take a tainted victory. RVD tells Cesaro if he wants to make it in this business, keep his wallet, his house and his future far away from Heyman. RVD does the shoulder point in Heyman’s face and walks off.
Aksana vs. Paige
We go to the ring and out comes Aksana with her own entrance. WWE Divas Champion Paige is out next.
They go at it and Paige strikes first. Paige tosses Aksana across the ring face first a few times. Paige with a counter and a roll up for 2. Paige with a bunch of knees to the face. Aksana hits a cheap shot and takes Paige to the top. They trade shots in the corner and Aksana slams Paige to the mat. Aksana with a suplex and kicks to the stomach. Aksana keeps control and grounds Paige, talking trash to her. Paige fights out but Aksana drops her.
Aksana with a side slam and another pin attempt. Paige fights out and slams Aksana’s face into the mat. Paige with a pair of clotheslines. Aksana with a knee to the gut. Aksana botches a spinebuster and covers for another 2 count. Aksana with an elbow drop. Paige counters another slam and hangs on, applying a submission. Aksana powers out but Paige drops her with a big knee to the nose. Paige gets the win with the Scorpion Crosslock submission.
- Cesaro vs. Jack Swagger is announced for SmackDown. We go to commercial.
Alexander Rusev vs. Sin Cara
Back from the break and out comes Lana first. She speaks in Russian and then in English. She says the fact that we share oxygen with Alexander Rusev is a privilege. She tells us to drop to our knees for Rusev and out he comes. We see Sin Cara waiting in the ring.
Somewhat back and forth match. Cara makes a good comeback but Rusev knocks him out of the air and gets the win via submission with The Accolade.
Winner: Alexander Rusev
John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt, Erick Rowan and Luke Harper
Back from the break and out comes John Cena. We go to Jerry Lawler with results from the WWE App vote. Fans have voted for Cena to face all three members of The Wyatt Family by a landslide. Cena looks worried. We go back to commercial.
Back from the break and out comes The Wyatt Family as the crowd claps along with their theme. They decide to rush the ring at once and beat Cena down. The bell hasn’t rang yet. The referee checks on Cena to see if he’s ready and he is. Here we go. Harper attacks Cena and beats him down in the corner again. Rowan comes in for some double teaming and hits a big slam on Cena. Dueling chants from the crowd now. Rowan sends Cena into the turnbuckles. Cena fights back but Rowan catches him in a big fallaway slam. Bray tags in and yells out to the crowd. Bray dances around with Cena’s limp body and drops him with a right hand. Harper tags back in.
Cena comes back with a splash in the corner but Harper runs over him again. Harper drops Cena on his shoulder. Rowan comes back in for more beatdown on Cena. Rowan keeps control of Cena and covers for a 2 count. Bray comes back in and plays more games with Cena. Harper back in for more domination. They go to the floor and Harper whips Cena hard into the steel steps. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Harper sends Cena flying out of the ring. Cena finally takes Harper down but he tags Bray in. Bray with a big chokeslam and a 2 count. Bray mounts Cena with right hands. Bray headbutts Cena into the ring post. Bray sings some before tagging Rowan back in. Rowan presses his fists into Cena’s skull. Bray comes back in and turns upside down in the corner. Cena runs over him with a clothesline. Cena knocks Rowan and Harper off the apron before hitting shoulder tackles and the big slam on Wyatt. Harper runs in but Cena sends him over the top. Cena with the Five Knuckle Shuffle on Wyatt. Cena nails the Attitude Adjustment on Wyatt but Rowan and Harper break the pin. The referee calls for the bell.
Winner by DQ: John Cena
- After the bell, Rowan and Harper continue beating Cena down as Bray looks on. Bray nails Sister Abigail on Cena. Bray sits and cradles Cena’s head. He says in due time, all things come to light. Bray sings “in his hands” and some of the crowd sings along with him. Bray keeps singing and starts laughing. RAW goes off the air with Bray singing and holding Cena’s head.
- The WWE RAW Backstage Pass post-show opens with Bray yelling in the ring about how nobody can beat The Wyatt Family. Bray has them lift Cena up but The Shield’s music hits. Rollins leaps in and takes out Harper. Ambrose goes at it with Rowan as Bray escapes up the ramp. Reigns nails a spear on Rowan and The Shield poses in the ring as Bray heads up the ramp. Mathews and the panel talk about what just happened to Cena. Booker says shame on the WWE Universe for voting Cena into that match.
- The panel talks more about Cena and Wyatt. Ziggler says the fans want change and they get what they want, one way or another. We go to some Network promos. We see what happened with Kane and Daniel Bryan. The panel discusses what happened. Riley says Bryan was taken to a local medical facility and the diagnosis is a severe stinger, nothing that serious. More talk about Stephanie McMahon from the panel. We get another look at the showdown between Evolution and The Shield earlier tonight. Mathews asks if The Shield can win at Extreme Rules. Ziggler says yes, Riley goes with Evolution and Booker agrees that Evolution will win. That’s it for the post-show.
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|19||Hulk Hogan Says Steve Austin Is A "Constant Bitch"|
|5||Goldberg Responds to Comment on WWE Snub, Diva Gets New Theme, More|
|4||John Cena on WWE Talents Having a Chance To Step Up, Hulk Hogan on Vince at His Birthday|
|4||Photo: CM Punk and AJ Lee First Wedding Picture|
|3||Drew McIntyre on Being Vince's "Chosen One", Leaving WWE, Wrestling Getting a Bad Rap|