– Tonight’s WWE RAW Pre-show opens up with Byron Saxton, Booker T and Alex Riley at WWE studios in Stamford. We see fans filing into the Frank Erwin Center in Austin, Texas. They plug tonight’s show and WWE Shop. Saxton seems a lot more relaxed this week. He leads us to a video package for Brie Bella and Stephanie McMahon. Tonight we will see a contract signing between Brie and Stephanie. We get hype for Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton at SummerSlam next.
– Riley predicts we will see the best Randy Orton yet at SummerSlam. They hype Chris Jericho vs. Bray Wyatt next. Jericho will face Luke Harper tonight and if Jericho wins, Harper is banned from ringside at SummerSlam. We go to Network commercials. We get hype for John Cena and Brock Lesnar now. There will be a special look at their rivalry on RAW tonight. Riley and Booker both praise Lesnar. We go to Renee Young at the arena. She’s with Zeb Colter and Jack Swagger. Zeb cuts a promo and says they’re going Russian hunting tonight. We come back from more Network commercials and get hype for Paige and AJ Lee before wrapping up the pre-show.
– Tonight’s WWE RAW kicks off with a video package. Michael Cole welcomes us and he’s joined by Jerry Lawler and JBL. We go to the ring and out comes Triple H, Stephanie McMahon, Kane, Randy Orton and Seth Rollins.
Triple H takes the mic and says we can see SummerSlam on the WWE Network for just $9.99. He says this could be the biggest SummerSlam in history. He plugs Chris Jericho vs. Bray Wyatt and says we can see it on the WWE Network for just $9.99. He plugs Rollins vs. Dean Ambrose and yes, we can see it for just $9.99. Triple H announces a Beat The Clock Challenge for Rollins and Ambrose tonight. The winner gets to pick a stipulation for their SummerSlam match. Rollins will face Rob Van Dam. Stephanie takes the mic and gets booed.
She plugs her contract signing with Brie Bella tonight. Triple H reminds us we can see their match for just $9.99 and the crowd says it along with him. Stephanie threatens to put Brie in a hospital bed next to her husband Daniel Bryan. Triple H plugs Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena and reminds us we can see that match for just $9.99 on the WWE Network. Orton takes the mic and talks about how he will decimate Roman Reigns at SummerSlam. The music interrupts and out comes Reigns through the crowd to a big pop.
Reigns speaks from the crowd and says he took everything The Viper had last week but he’s still standing. Reigns tells Triple H he’s going to come beat Orton’s ass for free tonight. Triple H announces Kane vs. Reigns in a Last Man Standing match and tells Kane he expects to see a Demon. That match is next. Reigns makes his way to the ring and we go to commercial.
Last Man Standing Match: Kane vs. Roman Reigns
Back from the break and they go at it. Reigns runs over Kane with a clothesline. Reigns with a headbutt but Kane comes right back with a DDT. Kane keeps up the attack on Reigns now. Reigns comes back and knocks Kane down, starting the referee count. Kane rolls to the floor but Reigns follows and slams him face first into the announcers table. Reigns whips Kane over the steel steps and the referee counts again.
Reigns leaps off the steps and decks Kane. Reigns backs him into the barrier and keeps control. Kane counters and whips Reigns shoulder first into the steps. Kane stands up steps on the ramp. Reigns fights back and sends Kane into the barrier again. Kane comes right back and sends Reigns down on the floor. Kane grabs a kendo stick from under the ring and smacks Reigns in the back with it. Kane beats Reigns down with the stick and throws it away. Kane picks up part of the steel steps and rams it in Reigns’ face. Reigns is busted open and the referee begins his count. Kane takes Reigns and slams him into the barrier but Reigns counters and tosses Kane over it. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Reigns is in control in the ring. Reigns counters and sends Kane head first into a steel chair that Kane had wedged into the corner during commercial. Reigns comes back with a big clothesline and another in the corner. Reigns with more shots to Kane. Reigns drops him and runs around the ring, nailing the big apron dropkick. They go to the floor and Reigns whips Kane into the steps that Kane stood up on the ramp earlier. Kane makes it up before 10 and Reigns sends him into the barrier. They come back in the ring and Reigns hits a Samoan Drop. Kane manages to hit a big chokeslam through a table. Reigns makes it up at the 9 count. Reigns blocks a Tombstone on a chair and DDT’s Kane onto the chair. Reigns nails a Superman punch on Kane. Reigns goes for a spear but Kane grabs him for a chokeslam. Reigns slides out and hits a spear. Kane tries to get up before the 10 count but can’t make it.
Winner: Roman Reigns
– Still to come, a Beat The Clock Challenge and a special look at Cena vs. Lesnar. Back to commercial.
– We come back and get a look at Cena vs. Lesnar. Lesnar brags about how he doesn’t care about anyone and how he defeated The Undertaker. He’s going to do the same to Cena. Cena talks about how mean Lesnar is and says he knows what it takes to beat Lesnar. Lesnar says if he would have stayed in WWE, there would be no John Cena. He says Cena would be at home buying Fruity Pebbles and eating them. Lesnar says he’s going to leave Cena in a pool of blood, urine and vomit.
– Still to come, Jericho vs. Harper. Back to commercial.
Damien Sandow vs. Mark Henry
Back from the break and out comes Damien Sandow with Oklahoma Sooners gear and theme. He gets big heat from the Texas crowd. Sandow yells “Boomer Sooner!” before Texas Longhorn Mark Henry is introduced to a big pop.
Henry gets the squash win with a World’s Strongest Slam.
Winner: Mark Henry
– There’s a bad backstage segment with Adam Rose, his Rosebuds and a magic mirror.
– Lawler plugs tonight’s contract signing.
Beat The Clock Challenge: Dean Ambrose vs. Alberto Del Rio
We go to the ring and out comes Dean Ambrose. Back to commercial.
Back from the break and Del Rio is out. They go at it back and forth early on. Del Rio takes control and sends Ambrose to the floor for more. They come back in and Del Rio comes crashing off the top for a 2 count. Del Rio with a headlock now. Del Rio keeps control. We take a commercial break and come back to Del Rio still in control. We’re just over the 11 minute mark.
Ambrose finally turns it around and hits a big missile dropkick. Ambrose unloads in the corner. Lots more back and forth. Ambrose with several close pin attempts. Ambrose ends up hitting Dirty Deeds for the win at 15:42.
Winner: Dean Ambrose
– We get a promo video for Brie and Stephanie. Still to come, their contract signing.
– We go to the ring and out comes Lana and Rusev. We go to commercial.
We come back and Lana shows us a photo of Russian President Vladimir Putin with a big wild cat and our President Obama with a puppy, which was tweeted out by the Russian Prime Minister last week. Lana sings Happy Birthday to Obama in Russian. The music interrupts and out comes Jack Swagger, Zeb Colter and Old Glory. They hit the ring and Zeb tells Lana to shut up. He’s tired of her voice. He says no wonder Russian men drink so much vodka.
Zeb is tired of hearing about Putin, Russia and Rusev. He cuts a promo about the match at SummerSlam and gets the crowd to do the “we the people” chant. The two sides face off. Rusev and Lana go to leave but come back. Rusev beats Swagger down with the Russian flag and unloads on him. Rusev knocks Swagger out of the ring with the flag. Zeb stands with the American flag in the corner as Lana and Rusev stare him down.
– Still to come, Jericho vs. Harper. Back to commercial.
Cesaro vs. Dolph Ziggler
We come back and Cesaro is out with Dolph Ziggler. The Miz is on commentary. Ziggler wins a pretty quick match that had some back and forth. Ziggler won with a Zig Zag.
Winner: Dolph Ziggler
– After the match, The Miz comes in the ring and fans chant “you can’t wrestle” at him. Miz holds up the Intercontinental Title in Ziggler’s face. Ziggler goes to superkick him in the face but Miz falls back on the mat and protects his face. Ziggler’s music hits and he laughs at Miz while making his exit.
– We get a look back at SmackDown when Paige threw AJ Lee off the stage. Tom Phillips is backstage with Paige. Paige wishes AJ a speedy recover. Paige it’s a dream to be facing her idol at SummerSlam. Paige says she misses AJ and skips away.
– Up next, Stardust and Goldust will be in action. Back to commercial.
Ryback and Curtis Axel vs. Stardust and Goldust
Back from the break and Ryback waits in the ring with Curtis Axel. Stardust and Goldust are out next.
Goldust starts off with Ryback. They go at it and Axel trips Goldust before tagging in. Axel nails a dropkick and a 2 count. Ryback tags in again and hits a suplex for another 2 count. Goldust fights them both of but goes down. Axel tags back in for some double teaming. He beats Goldust down some more for a 2 count. Stardust tags in and unloads on Axel. Stardust with a hip toss and a low dropkick. Stardust drops Axel for a 2 count as Ryback broke the pin. Goldust comes in and sends Ryback into the ring post. Stardust hits his finisher on Axel for the win.
Winners: Goldust and Stardust
– Stephanie McMahon and Triple H are backstage. Kane walks in and takes off his mask, without showing us his face. He hands the mask to Stephanie and walks out.
– Still to come, Jericho vs. Harper. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get another look at Kane handing over his mask to Stephanie.
Chris Jericho vs. Luke Harper
We go to the ring and out comes Chris Jericho to a pop. The lights go out and the music of Erick Rowan and Luke Harper starts up as they make their way out. If Jericho wins this one, Harper will be banned from ringside at SummerSlam.
The bell rings and Harper takes Jericho to the corner and beats him down. Jericho makes a comeback and hits a big enziguri for a 2 count. Harper comes back and nails a Michinoku driver for a 2 count. Harper takes Jericho to the top and works him over. Jericho comes back to the mat but Harper runs over him with a big boot. Harper with the big sitdown powerbomb for another 2 count. More back and forth. Jericho with a roll up for 2. Jericho goes for Walls of Jericho and locks it in. The graphic flashes and the lights go out. They come back on and Bray Wyatt is now at ringside laughing.
Rowan comes from behind but Jericho nails a Codebreaker. Harper tries to attack but he takes a Codebreaker also. Wyatt runs in the ring and takes Jericho down, apparently with a thumb to the throat.
Winner by DQ: Chris Jericho
– Jericho wins so Harper is banned from ringside at SummerSlam. Wyatt drops Jericho with Sister Abigail.
– Still to come, the Brie and Stephanie contract signing. Back to commercial.
Fandango vs. Diego
We go to the ring and out comes Diego, El Torito, Summer Rae and Layla. Fandango is out next with Hornswoggle, who is dressed like Fandango’s dance partner. They dance and head to the ring.
They go at it early on. Hornswoggle tries to distract Diego but Fandango accidentally knocks him off the apron. Diego attacks from behind for the quick win.
– After the match, Layla and Summer tend to Hornswoggle before bringing him in the ring. Torito invites Hornswoggle to join them and they all dance together. Fandango gets up and hits Hornswoggle. Diego makes the save and Torito splashes him from the top.
– Renee Young is backstage with Randy Orton. Orton shows us footage of his attack on Roman Reigns last week. Orton cuts a promo on Reigns and threatens to kick his head off.
Bo Dallas vs. R-Truth
We go to the ring and out comes Bo Dallas. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and they go at it. Bo misses and Truth unloads. Bo comes back and they’re brawling now. Truth unloads again but runs into a punch. Truth counters and kicks Bo in the face. Truth misses a kick and Bo rolls him up with a handful of pants for the win.
Winner: Bo Dallas
– After the match, Bo does a victory lap around the ring. Truth gets upset at Bo for cheating and attacks him on the floor. Truth throws Bo into the barrier and then the apron. Bo sends Truth into the steel steps. Bo hits a Bo-Dog off the steps and onto the floor.
– Back from the break and Bray Wyatt appears on the big screen. He says he’s entering battle without his brothers at SummerSlam but he’s never alone. He says her hand guides him. Wyatt says he’s the nightmare at the end of Jericho’s dream. Wyatt says he stands beyond time and sings “whole world in his hands” as we see his covered thumb that he hit Jericho with earlier.
– We get another look at Cena vs. Lesnar.
Beat The Clock Challenge: Rob Van Dam vs. Seth Rollins
The time for Rollins to beat is 15:42. Rob Van Dam makes his way out and we go to commercial.
We come back and Seth Rollins makes his way out. Justin Roberts announced, per The Authority, that RVD will not be Rollins’ opponent. Out comes his new opponent, Heath Slater.
Beat The Clock Challenge: Heath Slater vs. Seth Rollins
The bell rings and they have words in the middle of the ring. Rollins is giving Slater a chance to just walk away and get counted out. Slater rocks him and they go at it. Rollins stomps away in the corner now.
Dean Ambrose appears at ringside and taunts Ambrose. Slater comes from behind and hits a neckbreaker for a close 2 count. Rollins comes right back. Ambrose takes Rollins’ briefcase while Rollins keeps control of Slater. Ambrose opens the briefcase and rips up the contract. Rollins turns around to a big shot from Slater for a 2 count. Ambrose grabs a soda from a fan at ringside. He opens up the briefcase and pours the drink in it. Ambrose dumps popcorn in it next. Ambrose takes JBL’s cowboy hat and stuffs it into the briefcase, shutting everything up inside of it. Rollins stands on the announcers table and drink is pouring out of the briefcase all over the place. Slater finally gets the win via roll up on Rollins from behind while he was distracted.
Winner: Heath Slater
– After the match, Ambrose hits the crowd and Rollins yells at the announcers for letting Slater ruin his briefcase. Rollins throws a fit at ringside.
– Back from a break and Stephanie McMahon comes out with Triple H for a contract signing. Michael Cole is also in the ring. The Bella Twins are out next.
Triple H says he has to excuse himself from this and that’s why he has Cole here. Triple H says he stands here not as Triple H, the COO or The Game, but as a proud loving husband. Brie Bella tells them to get to it before everyone starts throwing up. Stephanie asks where her puny little hippie dippie husband is and asks if he’s recovering, still. Brie says he is but asks if Stephanie has recovered from this… we see her arrest from two weeks ago. Brie says she’s going to send a message to the whole world, that Stephanie is nothing but a fraud, a failure, an embarrassment to the McMahon family. She says this isn’t just for her or her sister Nikki or her husband Daniel. She says this is for Vickie Guerrero, Big Show, the Rhodes family and for every other person that Stephanie has tortured week after week. A big CM Punk chant starts up. Stephanie fires back and calls Brie a wannabe reality star. Stephanie calls her a selfish, conceited shell of a woman and a piece of trash. Stephanie says she’s already embarrassed just standing in the ring with Brie. She’s going to put an end to Brie’s pathetic attempt at making history at SummerSlam. The contracts are signed. Stephanie yells that she’s going to tear Brie’s heart out at SummerSlam. They stare at each other. Stephanie decks Nikki and she goes down. Triple H pushes the table against Brie in the corner, trapping her. He stands guard. Stephanie grabs Nikki and drops her with a Pedigree as Brie yells for her sister. Stephanie and Triple H mock the “yes!” chant. Brie slaps Triple H. Stephanie slams Brie’s face into the table and pulls her over it. Stephanie with a Pedigree on Brie next as Triple H cheers her on. Stephanie kisses Triple H before they pose over The Bella Twins. Stephanie blows a kiss to Brie and mocks the “yes!” chant again. RAW goes off the air with Stephanie posing.
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|9||Divas Voice Displeasure Of Brooklyn Crowd At Last Night's Raw|
|9||Nikki Bella Comments On The Rumor Of John Cena Preventing Charlotte From Winning WWE Divas Title|
|4||WWE RAW Results For August 24th, 2015: Sting Returns!|
|4||Raw Videos: Sting Returns, The Dudley Boyz Attack New Day, John Cena AA's Jon Stewart|
|4||WWE Sideline Barrett After Last Night's Raw|