WWE announced Friday that they have come to terms on the release of David Hart Smith.
Their statement reads: “WWE has come to terms on the release of David Hart Smith as of today, August 5, 2011. WWE wishes David the best in all of his future endeavors.”
The third generation wrestler’s prospects with the entertainment empire became grim following the dissolution of the Hart Dynasty late last year; his final match occurred on the April 28, 2011 episode of WWE Superstars. Even further, Smith had not competed in a match on Monday Night Raw in eight months. He last appeared on the program on December 6, 2010, which saw him lose to former tag team partner Tyson Kidd in a blow off match. He was then laid out by Kidd’s short-lived bodyguard Jackson Andrews.
His mother, Diana Smith, stated in April that David had plans to cross over to mixed martial arts.
|Chris Jericho on Why the Current WWE Product Is Better Than The Attitude Era, What He Looks for In New Stars|
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|10||Individual Who Lost Domain To WWE Claims He'll Destroy The Company Within A Year|
|8||WWE Corporate Updates "Talent Wellness" Section, Includes Domestic Violence Policy|
|7||Backstage Talk on Randy Orton and WWE Creative, Update on Lesnar's Return, Jericho Video|
|7||John Cena Says Turning Heel Would Be A "Poor Business Decision"|
|7||Chris Jericho Says CM Punk Has Cut All Contact With Him Since Leaving WWE|