The November 7th, 2017 edition of WWE SmackDown was taped in Manchester, England and will air in the evening on the USA Network.
– SmackDown commissioner Shane McMahon comes out to open the show to a loud ovation from the crowd. Shane says SmackDown will be called the “A show” after Survivor Series. Shane mentions the winner of AJ Styles vs. Jinder Mahal going on to face Brock Lesnar. He says Kurt Angle and Stephanie McMahon will personally be held responsible for Kane attacking Daniel Bryan, and mentions that Bryan isn’t here tonight. Shane promises to get revenge on Angle, and they’re ready incase RAW tries to attack them tonight. Shane brings out The New Day and thanks them for showing up on RAW last night. They briefly talk about their battle with RAW, then Shane dances with them. Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn interrupt and call them all stupid. This leads to Shane booking Kofi vs. Sami in a singles match, and that takes place right now!
– Kofi Kingston def. Sami Zayn: Lots of back-and-forth fighting in this one, with Kofi and Zayn trading Blue Thunder Bombs and Trouble In Paradise kicks. Kofi ends up getting the three count on Zayn after taking him down from the top rope. After the bell, Owens attacks Kofi immediately after the bell, but Big E and Woods make the save and chase off Owens and Zayn.
– Jinder Mahal cuts a promo backstage about how he thinks AJ Styles is beneath him.
– A new video package aired for The Bludgeon Brothers, Erick Rowan and Luke Harper.
– Randy Orton def. Rusev: If Rusev wins, he earns a spot on Team SmackDown at Survivor Series. Aiden English treats us to a song before the match. Rusev controlled the majority of the match, but Orton hits the RKO out of nowhere for the three count.
– Naomi, Charlotte Flair, Lana and Tamina all come out to ringside to watch Becky Lynch take on on James Ellsworth. Ellsworth is out with Carmella. Big pop for Becky during her entrance
– Becky Lynch def. James Ellsworth: Ellsworth stalls in the opening moments which just makes Becky more angry. Becky tries to get Ellsworth in the Disarm Her, but he evades it. Fans chant “Where’s your chin?” at Ellsworth. Becky takes Ellsworth down a few times as he scrambles to escape. Ellsworth manages to shove Becky out of the ring and gets big heat from the crowd. Becky comes back on the offensive and Ellsworth tries to escape, but the other women at ringside stop him. Becky finally locks Ellsworth in the Disarm Her for the win via submission.
– SmackDown Women’s Champ Natalya confronts Shane McMahon and Charlotte backstage. Natalya and Charlotte argue, and Shane decides to book them in a match next week. The winner of next week’s match will face RAW Women’s Champ Alexa Bliss at Survivor Series.
– Shelton Benjamin & Chad Gable def. The Usos via countout: The Usos’ SmackDown Tag Titles are on the line in this one. This one starts off with good back and forth action in the ring until spill things out onto the floor. Gable hits a suicide dive on Jimmy Uso at ringside, which leads to the Usos getting counted out. Gable celebrates the win, but Shelton doesn’t look happy since Championships don’t change hands for countouts.
– AJ Styles does an interview backstage about his Title match against Jinder Mahal. That’s up next.
– AJ Styles vs. Jinder Mahal: The Singh Brothers mock Paul Heyman as they introduce Jinder. This was described by our correspondent at the arena as a great match. The Singh Brothers interfere at one point and AJ gets bumped ontop of the announce table. Back in the ring, AJ comes back with a springboard 450 splash on Jinder, then he hits the Phenomenal Forearm on both Singh Brothers are they try to interfere again. Jinder takes advantage of the distraction with the Khallas, but AJ kicks out at two. Jinder takes AJ up top and attempts a Super Khallas off the top, but AJ escapes and hits the Phenomenal Forearm for the three count. The arena goes wild and AJ celebrates his WWE Championship win for a few minutes. Jinder and the Singh Brothers are furious.
Winner & new WWE Champion: Jinder Mahal