As reported earlier, pre-sale tickets for Double or Nothing sold out in twenty-five minutes. Of course, this is great news for AEW, but not much had been known about plans for the company going forward following Double or Nothing.
According to a report from Wrestle Talk, All Elite Wrestling will begin holding a monthly event, which will lead up to the promotion’s TV show. The TV show is supposedly going to begin running weekly in October.
Here is the reported planned schedule for upcoming AEW events going forward following Double or Nothing in May:
- May 25 – Double Or Nothing at the MGM Grand Arena, Las Vegas
- June 2019 – Unnamed/Unspecified Event expected to be in held in USA
- July 2019 – Unnamed show in Jacksonville, Florida. Believed to be Fight for the Fallen which was trademarked, with a portion of the proceeds going to anti-gun crime charities.
- August 2019 – Royal Albert Hall, London, England
- September 2019 – All Out – AEW’s official sequel to “All In”. Also expected to be the full launch of the brand prior to TV tapings beginning. While this is not yet confirmed, it is believed that the event will likely take place once again at the Sears Center in Chicago.
- October 2019 – Launch of AEW’s Weekly television program
AEW does not have a TV deal yet, however it was reported earlier that the promotion has been negotiating with Time Warner Cable. Chris Jericho also stated that he would not have joined AEW had there not been “a strong TV deal on the table.” So we will have to wait and see what happens.