Triller doctor David Abbasi has revealed that Anderson Silva was not tested for steroids or drugs before fighting Tito Ortiz. “This is done by USADA and Florida officials at random, but always done for Title bouts- but this of course was just an exhibition.”
Vitor Belfort beat Evander Holyfield. Ahead of the match, the MMA reporter Ariel Helwani posted a picture on Twitter of Belfort from the official weigh-in. He said that Belfort looked aged 32. Michael Bisping noted the post and went on to slam Belfort for abuse of drugs. Evander Holyfield Girlfriend Shows Backside In Photo
Michael Bisping makes drugs claim about Vitor Belfort
Bisping went on to say that:
“Cocains a hell of a drug. Sorry I mean testosterone. Human growth hormone and whatever else he’s on.”
Cocains a hell of a drug. Sorry I mean testosterone. Human growth hormone and whatever else he’s on. https://t.co/EkIFlBmpgA
— michael (@bisping) September 11, 2021
The Florida Athletic Commission was overseeing Saturday night’s Triller Fight Club event in Hollywood and had announced earlier this week that the Holyfield-Belfort headliner was approved as a fully regulated professional boxing match to be conducted under the Unified Rules of Boxing, but this changed.
According to ESPN on Friday, Holyfield, who is 58 and competing for the first time in 10 years, was concerned about the fight counting toward his official record. Triller co-founder Ryan Kavanaugh indicated that the promotion ultimately will honor Holyfield’s wish.
“If Holyfield doesn’t want this to go on his BoxRec (boxing’s official record keeper) due to his age, we’ll allow him to make the decision and still follow all the other rules,” Kavanaugh told ESPN. “… We’ve spoken to Holyfield and Vitor and the commission. No matter what, this will be scored as a pro fight, there will be a clear winner, and it will be treated with pro rules.”
Holyfield, who is a former heavyweight champion with a 44-10-2 record, had accepted the fight last week after Oscar De La Hoya, who was Belfort’s original opponent, was compelled to pull out after being hospitalized due to COVID-19.
The event originally was set to take place at Staples Center in Los Angeles, but the California State Athletic Commission did not approve Holyfield for a license and it was shifted to the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in South Florida.