1990 – Riki Choshu defeats Big Van Vader for the IWGP Heavyweight Title in Tokyo, Japan. This ended Vader’s second run with New Japan Pro Wrestling’s top title, and started Choshu’s second reign with the strap.
1999 – Lenny Lane defeats Rey Mysterio Jr. for the WCW Cruiserweight Title in Lubbock, Texas, ending Mysterio’s fifth title reign. Two months later, Lane would be quietly stripped of the title due to WCW getting pressure from Time Warner over Lane’s flamboyant gimmick, which was based around homosexual innuendo. WCW would create a “phantom” title switch and give the belt to Psicosis.
2001 – WWE held Summerslam in San Jose, California, at the Compaq Center. Here are the results:
– In a Heat match, Jacqueline, Molly Holly & Lita defeated Stacy Keibler, Torrie Wilson & Ivory when Jacqueline pinned Ivory.
– Edge defeated Lance Storm with the Downward Spiral to win the Intercontinental Title.
– Test & The Dudley Boyz defeated Spike Dudley & The APA when Shane McMahon interfered, allowing Test to pin Bradshaw.
– WCW Cruiserweight Champion X-Pac defeated Yoshihiro Tajiri to win the WWF Light Heavyweight Title with an X-Factor.
– Chris Jericho defeated Rhyno with the Walls Of Jericho.
– Rob Van Dam defeated Jeff Hardy to win the WWF Hardcore Title in a Ladder Match.
– WCW World Tag Team Champions The Undertaker & Kane defeated Diamond Dallas Page & Kanyon in a steel cage match to win the WWF World Tag Team Championship when Undertaker pinned Page with the Last Ride powerbomb.
– Kurt Angle defeated WWF World Heavyweight Champion Steve Austin via disqualification when WCW referee Nick Patrick refused to count Angle’s pin of Austin and instead disqualified Austin for intentionally hitting referees earlier. Patrick was intentionally making sure Austin wouldn’t lose the title, and Angle snapped, putting Patrick in an ankle lock.
– The Rock defeated Booker T with the Rock Bottom to win the WCW World Heavyweight Title.