The former WWE star Karrion Kross was shockingly released from the company during the recent cuts amid COVID-19 pandemic. He recently spoke about his time with WWE. Kross, who will officially become a free agent in a month, had a disastrous main roster run. However, his NXT run was brilliant where he captured NXT Championship twice. It was previously speculated that Keith Lee and Karrion Kross were headed to AEW.
WWE had reportedly had huge plans for Karrion Kross
Kross was one of 26 talents released from WWE during the month of November. He shared the ring with the likes of Jeff Hardy, Ricochet and Keith Lee on Raw but was not able to get the momentum going.
Kross told Chris Van Vliet during their chat that he’s been told by several people that there were conversations about him working with Randy Orton or Bray Wyatt among others while he was still in WWE. Kross added that those matches were not concrete and were just suggestions:
“No, but I did have several people tell me that there were conversations of me working with Randy, Bobby, Drew, Bray and maybe Roman. But nothing was concrete, it was just mentioned as possible matchups, which I was thrilled for, who wouldn’t be? You want to work with these people, they are the best of the best. But when I got there, it was showing up and doing what they want you to do.”
Karrions Kross had defeated John Morrison in his final WWE match on October 10, 2021 at a live event in Bakersfield, California. The company released him, alongside his fiancée and former on-screen valet, Scarlett Bordeaux on November 4.