The card for WrestleMania 32 is coming along.
The original plan for Roman Reigns vs. Triple H for the WWE Title was to have a special referee who has a history with HHH, to stack the odds against Reigns. WWE wanted to have Dave Bautista be in that role, but he turned down the idea.
For Brock Lesnar, the original plan was for him to face Bray Wyatt at the event. Wyatt was originally planned to cost Lesnar his match at the Fastlane PPV, but those plans were changed, and WWE decided to have Lesnar face Dean Ambrose at Mania.
Matches that have been announced for the event include:
– Triple H vs. Reigns for the WWE Title
– The Undertaker vs. Shane McMahon in a Hell in a Cell match for control of the company
– Lesnar vs. Ambrose in a street fight
Here are the matches that will likely be featured on the card:
– New Day vs. League of Nations.
– The Andre the Giant Battle Royal
– Charlotte will defend the Divas Title against the winner of Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch on Monday’s RAW in Nashville. However, there is speculation that WWE books an angle where there is no winner in the match. Instead, they would book a triple threat match between Charlotte, Banks, and Lynch at WrestleMania 32 for the title.
– Steve Austin, The Rock, Shawn Michaels, and Ric Flair will be appearing at the event. Johnson will be the host of the show while WWE still has not decided on what roles Austin and Michaels will have. Dave Meltzer did note that he’s heard two different scenarios discussed for Michaels, neither of which involves him wrestling in a match.