– Tonight’s WWE RAW opens up with a video package highlighting Edge’s return to RAW and The Cutting Edge last week with Randy Orton and an appearance by host Wayne Brady.
– We’re live inside the Mellon Arena in Pittsburgh, PA as Randy Orton’s music hits and out he comes to the ring. Michael Cole welcomes to RAW as Orton is introduced. Cole announces 14,162 fans in attendance tonight for the final wrestling show at the Mellon Arena.
Orton enters the ring to a nice pop from the crowd. A “Randy” chant starts up. Orton says he didn’t accept Edge’s offer last week to team up because he knows him. Orton goes on about Edge when music starts playing and out comes singer and actor, Meatloaf! Apparently he is here tonight as a friend of Flava Flav. Meatloaf gets in the ring and starts yelling about how Randy Orton is the man. Meatloaf pulls out his new CD, which drops tomorrow, and starts plugging it. Meatloaf says one of his new songs is perfect for Orton’s theme song. Orton tells Meatloaf to sing a few bars. Meatloaf has Orton hold the CD cover as he gets ready to sing the whole song. Meatloaf’s song starts playing and he starts singing to Orton. This is just ridiculous now. Finally, Orton lays Meatloaf out with an RKO to a pop from the crowd. Edge’s music hits and here he comes.
Edge comes out to the stage and says Orton must not like celebrities. Edge mentions Orton attacking several guest hosts. Edge says he doesn’t like the guest hosts either so he called WWE HQ and complained. Edge says WWE HQ “tweeted” him back and from now on, guest hosts will have no authority on Monday Night RAW. Edge says that wasn’t enough for him though. He says RAW needs a permanent General Manager, someone with experience and authority. Edge says WWE agreed with him and RAW’s new General Manager is…. Excuse me! Out comes Vickie Guerrero to tons of heat from the crowd.
Vickie says that they don’t allow violence against celebrities in WWE. Lots of heat here on Vickie. Vickie announces that Orton will take on Edge and a partner of his choice tonight in a 2-on-1 Handicap match. Edge’s music hits as he and Orton stare each other down.
– Backstage we see The Miz and Chris Jericho talking. Jericho heads to the ring for a match that has “tag team title ramifications” according to Michael Cole. We go to commercial.
– Back from the break and we see some Pittsburgh Steelers sitting ringside.
Chris Jericho vs. David Hart Smith
It’s announced that if Chris Jericho wins this match, he and The Miz will get a Unified Tag Team Title shot at Over the Limit. Out first is Chris Jericho followed by his opponent, one-half of the Unified Tag Team Champions David Hart Smith, with Natalya. The bell rings and here we go. Jericho slaps Smith to start the match and they go at it. Big boot by Smith. Smith hits the big standing suplex on Jericho.
Jericho counters and takes control now with kicks and a knee to the head. Jericho with a dropkick and more kicks. Jericho smirks at the crowd before putting a headlock on Smith. Jericho runs into another big boot and Smith drops him with a clothesline. Smith with a big shoulder and belly-to-belly suplex. Smith scoop slams Jericho for a 2 count. Jericho counters a clothesline with an elbow to the face. Jericho goes for the Lionsault but misses. Smith goes for the Sharpshooter on Jericho and locks it. Jericho goes for the ropes and breaks the hold. Jericho puts his thumb in Smith’s eye and hits the Codebreaker for the pinfall and the win.
Winner: Chris Jericho
– We see Edge and Batista talking backstage. Cole wonders if Edge is trying to get Batista as his partner for tonight. Cole hypes the Cena-Batista stipulation and tonight’s guest host as we go to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes R-Truth with tonight’s guest host, Flava Flav. They’re singing Truth’s theme song together with some ad-lib by Flav. Truth gets the WWE fans to welcome Flav then Flav gets everyone to yell his name out. Flav plugs his new show, Night Tales. We see William Regal walking around ringside. Flav puts over Truth and gets the crowd to pop some more.
R-Truth vs. William Regal
The bell rings and we’ve got a match. Regal attacks Truth to start the match. Truth counters coming out of the corner and fights back with kicks. Out of nowhere, Primo and Carlito rush the ring and beat down Truth. Flav is now on commentary. Carlito hits the Backstabber on Truth and lays him out.
Winner: No Contest
– After the match, Primo and Carlito head up the ramp where Ted DiBiase is waiting. Ted hands them both envelopes, presumably with money, and they leave. Ted stares down at R-Truth as we get ready for another commercial.
– Back from the break and we get some highlights of the Eve and Maryse feud. We see footage from earlier today of Maryse with her karate trainer in the ring. He tells her she needs to try harder. She smacks him and kicks his knee out.
– Randy Orton is backstage when Josh Matthews walks up. He asks if Orton is worried about Edge’s tag team partner for tonight. Orton says no, he’s not. Orton wants Vickie Guerrero at ringside for the match so she can make sure tonight is a night she will never forget. We go back to commercial.
– Back from break and we get a pre-taped promo of Buzz Aldrin in an astronaut suit. He talks about landing on the moon in 1969 and hosting a commercial-free RAW next week. Mark Henry appears in the video and cracks Buzz in the back with a chair and does some comedy.
Zack Ryder vs. Evan Bourne
We go to ringside where Alicia Fox and Gail Kim are sitting ringside again. Zack Ryder is in the ring. He thanks them for coming to watch him again. Ryder cuts a promo on the arena that’s about to be torn down and says he will get his first RAW win here tonight. Out comes his opponent Evan Bourne.
The match starts with Ryder hitting a knee to the gut and stomping away on Bourne. Bourne counters and mounts a comeback. Bourne goes to the top but Ryder stops him. Ryder hits the Ruff Ryder as the Divas look on. 2 count by Ryder. Ryder hits a neckbreaker for another 2 count. Bourne counters a corner attack with a kick to the head. Bourne hits the knees to the jaw in the corner and goes to the top. Alicia Fox gets on the apron to distract Bourne but Gail Kim pulls her off. Bourne hits the Air Bourne on Ryder for the pinfall and the win.
Winner: Evan Bourne
– After the match, we see Alicia and Gail arguing at ringside. Bourne walks off with Gail on his arm. Ryder recovers at ringside with Alicia Fox by his side.
– We go to a replay of last week where John Cena defeated Wade Barrett but was attacked by Sheamus before announcing the stipulation for Over the Limit. Back to commercial.
– Back from commercial and out comes the WWE Champion John Cena to a big pop. Cena says it’s a special occasion to be here tonight. Cena takes this moment to thank Sheamus because he gave Cena an entire week to think about his match with Batista at Over the Limit. Cena talks about how he won the Last Man Standing match. Cena says he’s not a coward and will prove it tonight. Cena says at their next match, if Batista wins, he will forfeit his rematch clause and it will be the last time he faces Batista for the WWE Title. Cena says their match will be an I Quit Match. Cena calls out Sheamus now.
Sheamus comes out to the ramp. He tells Cena if he comes to the ring, Cena will get hurt. Cena says he will take his chances. Sheamus calls Cena a foolish man and heads down to the ring. Batista runs in the ring but Cena knocks him down. Sheamus comes in and Cena takes him out also. Cena turns around to a spear from Batista and down he goes. Sheamus hits a finisher on Cena and Batista kicks him out to the floor. Batista rams Cena into the ring post twice as Sheamus looks on from the ring. Batista rolls Cena back in the ring now. Cena gets up and Sheamus hits him with the big boot to the face. Batista goes for a Batista Bomb when Mark Henry runs out for the save. Sheamus flees as Henry knocks Batista back with a headbutt then clotheslines him. Henry splashes Batista in the corner, sending Batista up the ramp and to the back. Henry checks on Cena as the crowd chants “Cena.”
– We go backstage where Vickie Guerrero and Edge are. Edge say she’s found his partner for tonight. Edge brings up how he said some bad things to Vickie the last time they were on RAW. Edge says the world is always against them two. Vickie says they can still be friends, even though they’re not married. Edge wants Vickie to be at ringside for his match with Orton tonight. Vickie says Orton creeps her out and doesn’t want to go out there. Vickie wants Edge to guarantee her nothing will happen to her. Edge tells Vickie she can just fire Orton on the spot if he tries anything. Vickie says she will be there and Edge walks off.
Tyson Kidd vs. The Miz
Back from the break and one-half of the WWE Unified Tag Team Champions Tyson Kidd is in the ring with Natalya. If Kidd wins this match, Miz must defend the United States Title against a member of the Hart Dynasty on next week’s RAW from Canada. Out next is WWE’s United States Champion, The Miz.
The match starts with Miz kicking Kidd to the mat and working him over. Miz kicks Kidd in the head and sends him through the ropes and to the floor. Kidd comes back in the ring with a nice roll-up off the ropes for the quick pinfall and the win.
Winner: Tyson Kidd
– After the match, David Hart Smith comes down to celebrate with Tyson. Miz takes the mic and says he gets to pick the Hart family member he defends the United States Title against next week on RAW from Canada. The Miz announces he will defend his US Title against Bret Hart next week. The Miz smirks at the Hart Dynasty who are confused.
– Backstage we see Batista walking around when Josh Matthews comes up. He tells Batista that he has a match with Mark Henry later tonight. Batista brings up the I Quit Match with John Cena. Batista says he’s going to make Cena scream I Quit. Batista says watch what he does to Henry tonight and walks off. Back to commercial.
Daniel Bryan, Heath Slater, Michael Tarver, Wade Barrett, Skip Sheffield, Darren Young, David Otunga and Justin Gabriel vs. John Morrison, Goldust, Yoshi Tatsu and Santino Marella
The following match is an eight-on-four match. Back from the break and the NXT Rookies are in the ring. Out next comes John Morrison, Yoshi Tatsu, Goldust and Santino Marella, representing RAW. It’s going to be Goldust and Barrett starting things off. Barrett strikes first with a kick to the gut and shots in the corner. Barrett beats Goldust down. Goldust hits a big right hand and an atomic drop on Barrett followed by a clothesline. In comes Yoshi with a chop off the top rope. Barrett hits a knee on Yoshi and tags in Gabriel.
Gabriel and Yoshi go at it trading kicks. Otunga tags himself in and beats Yoshi down. Otunga goes for a suplex but Yoshi rolls out. Otunga counters this and drops Yoshi for a 2 count. And another 2 count. Otunga with a chinlock on Yoshi now. Yoshi drops Otunga with a right hand. Morrison comes in as does Slater. They go at it with Morrison in control. Big spin kick by Morrison. Tarver comes in but Morrison throws him and Darren Young to the floor. Slater goes at it on the apron with Morrison. Morrison brings him in and hits a knee to the head. Morrison goes for Starship Pain but Slater puts his knees up. Daniel Bryan comes in and Morrison backdrops him. Santino comes right in and gets rolled up by Bryan for the pinfall and the win.
Winners: NXT Rookies
– Back from a commercial and we get a SmackDown replay of Drew McIntyre attacking Matt Hardy last week and then getting fired by Teddy Long and stripped of the Intercontinental Title.
– We go backstage where Flava Flav is with The Bella Twins, talking about his new TV show. Vladimir Kozlov and Santino Marella walk in arguing. Flav tells them to speak English and asks why are they arguing. Kozlov says Santino won’t leave him alone. Santino says they would make a good tag team. William Regal walks in and tells Vladimir to pay no attention to this fool. Flav says Kozlov should listen to Santino. Regal says Flav has no talent. They want Regal to rap. Kozlov tells Regal to “bust a move.” Believe it or not, Regal starts rapping. Flav says that was a horrible rap, throws out his catchphrase and they all walk off, leaving Regal alone.
Batista vs. Mark Henry
After Cole and Lawler run down the Over the Limit matches, out comes Batista for his match with Mark Henry. Batista brings a chair into the ring and sits down in it as his spotlight shines. We take a commercial break.
Back from the break and Batista is still sitting in a chair, looking like he’s not worried about a thing. Out comes Mark Henry to the ring. Lawler says Vickie Guerrero has banned John Cena and Sheamus from ringside for this match. Henry walks in the ring looking confused at Batista. Henry comes in the ring and Batista kicks him in the face and knocks him to the mat. Batista grabs the chair and starts smacking Henry with it. The bell hasn’t even rang yet. Batista works over Henry with the chair and locks on a submission hold. Referees try to pull Batista off of Henry but they can’t. Henry passes out as Batista breaks the hold. Batista kicks Henry in the head as he leaves the ring to heat from the crowd. Cole and Lawler play up the seriousness of the situation.
– Cole and Lawler talk about Meatloaf appearing tonight and taking the RKO from Randy Orton. We get a replay from earlier. We see Randy Orton headed to the ring for tonight’s handicap main event as we go back to break.
Randy Orton vs. Edge and Ted DiBiase
Back from the break and out comes Randy Orton for tonight’s main event. Out next is Edge with Vickie Guerrero at his side. Edge’s music stops and his tag team partner is… Ted DiBiase. Ted comes to the ring with the Million Dollar Title. Ted and Orton start the match out. Orton applies a headlock and knocks Ted down with a shoulder. Ted kicks Orton in the head and Edge tags himself in. Edge comes from behind and lays out Orton. Edge stomps away now on Orton as the crowd boo’s.
Edge chokes Orton with the ropes before tagging in Ted. Ted kicks Orton down in the corner now and chokes him with his boot as Vickie looks on from ringside. Ted hits a right hand and tags in Edge for some double teaming. Edge tries to suplex Orton but Orton stops it. Edge hits a boot on Orton for a 2 count. Edge tags back in DiBiase now. Orton fights back on Ted with uppercuts. Ted responds with a big clothesline and a 2 count. Ted with a chinlock now on Orton. Orton fights out of it and clotheslines Ted twice. Edge comes in but Orton knocks him to the floor. Orton hits the powerslam on Ted. Edge gets on the apron but Orton knocks him back into the announcers table. Orton turns around to a shot from Ted. Orton counters it for a backbreaker. Orton hits the mat and starts stalking Ted. Ted counters the RKO but Orton dumps Ted over the ropes and to the floor. R-Truth comes down the ramp and Ted runs in the ring. Orton catches Ted with the RKO for the pinfall and the win.
Winner: Randy Orton
– After the match, R-Truth heads back up the ramp after assisting Orton with his win. Orton looks over at ringside where Vickie Guerrero is sitting. Vickie gets scared. Orton hits the mat and stares at Vickie through the ropes. Orton comes out to the floor, still staring. Vickie takes a mic and tells Orton not to do anything. She’s screaming at Edge to get up now. Vickie warns Orton. She can’t finish h er sentence and starts crying. Vickie yells that she resigns and runs away. Orton hits the RKO on Edge. Vickie runs up the ramp as Orton goes back in the ring and his music plays. RAW goes off the air with Edge laid out on the floor and Orton looking down at him from the ring.