The Boxing star Oscar De La Hoya during an in-studio appearance on Mike Tyson’s podcast Hotboxin’ With Mike Tyson made a major announcement.
The founder of Golden Boy Promotions revealed about his comeback in the squared circle. He announced that he would call out huge stars of the sport.
Oscar De La Hoya says he would call out Floyd Mayweather Jr. or Canelo Alvarez
He recently took part in few warm-up exhibition bouts and here is what De La Hoya said to Mike Tyson.
“I wanna do two of these fights, and then guess what? I’m going to do a real fight, a 12-round fight, with either Floyd [Mayweather] or Canelo [Alvarez].”
It has been noted that it will be an exhibition bout, which will see shorter rounds, bigger gloves, and an element of kayfabe. However, a fight with Alvarez or Mayweather would be more serious and gruesome.
De La Hoya had previously dropped hints about going up against either Mayweather or Alvarez in the past several months, but his comments on Wednesday saw a different spark in him.
Tyson had again asked De La Hoya to look into the camera and repeat his claim. He again said:
“I wanna do in my third fight coming back, I’m either going to call out Floyd or Canelo.”
Mayweather and Canelo are yet to respond to the challenge and we will see how they react. Tyson told Mayweather he was ‘shocked’ by the challenge.