Sasha Banks and Naomi had walked out of Monday Night RAW due to creative differences. There have been various sides to the story already reported, including that the WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions confronted WWE Chairman Vince McMahon over their issue.
WWE left that part out of their official narrative, but Banks and Naomi did have words with the boss. In the official statement from the company, it was noted that Sasha Banks and Naomi dropped their tag titles on the desk of John Laurinaitis and left the building. This led to many speculations over the past few weeks. As per the reports, the duo has agreed for a return to the company with Stephanie McMahon and Triple H.
Sasha Banks and Naomi decided a week ago
During his appearance on Sunday Night’s Main Event, Dave Meltzer confirmed that an agreement Sasha Banks and Naomi was reached over a week ago and they are expected back at any time. WrestlingNews.co was the first to report that Banks and Naomi reached an agreement to return to the company.
Meltzer said the following:
“Last week, which is the last I checked, the contract hadn’t been signed but they were all expecting that it was happening. They were all on the same page. I was basically told it’s as good as done but they haven’t signed so it could fall through. They may have already signed by now but a week ago, [I was told] they’re back. It could be tomorrow, it could be in a couple of weeks. It’s whatever day they want. They are probably pacing things. You don’t want to show all your cards in week 1 (after Triple H taking over). You want to have something big to talk about every week for the next couple of weeks. An agreement in principle was reached over a week ago.”
During Friday Night SmackDown, WWE announced that there would be a tournament held to crown new Women’s Tag Team Champions. Fans are expecting that Banks and Naomi will be involved in some way.