Since Triple H became the WWE Chief Content Officer after Vince McMahon’s retirement, he has brought back some stars who were released. It includes Dakota Kai, IYO SKY, Dexter Lumis, Johnny Gargano and most recently Braun Strowman. Previously, reports have emerged that he could bring back a former NXT Tag Team Champion. Now, it seems like IMPACT Wrestling star Maria Kanellis could potentially be next in line to join the company after her contract expires.
Maria Kanellis talks about possibly joining WWE
Maria Kanellis recently made an appearance on Fightful’s Grapsody podcast to discuss a wide variety of subjects. When asked what her future will look like in professional wrestling, she revealed that her deal is almost up and that she’s spoken to Triple H about possibly returning to the company. She said:
“I’m on a per-appearance deal with them [IMPACT Wrestling] until October 8. It’s so hard to make decisions moving forward because I love what we’re doing in IMPACT and I know the possibilities of where we might go with it and where I might go with it as an individual,” Maria Kanellis said. “It’s really hard looking ‘where do I go next?’ I talked to Tony Khan, I talked to Triple H, I talk to Scott all the time. It’s a very interesting time for me. For me, it’s about creating opportunities for all of the women I’m working with now. Where does that make sense?”
You can check out the video clip below:
Her stint with WWE had ended alongside her husband Mike Kanellis when they were released from the company as part of the budget cuts amid the pandemic back in 2020.