WWE NXT was in the news for a better part of last week for a sudden COVID-19 outbreak in the black-and-yellow brand. Executive producer Triple H addressed the situation on WWE NXT TakeOver: 31 media call earlier today and gave a status on the Performance Center as well.
Triple H on COVID-19 situation
Mike Johnson of PW Insider asked about the COVID-19 outbreak and whether the Performance Center is ready for events again.
Triple H said that WWE NXT is doing everything to keep everyone safe amidst the unavoidable pandemic. The Performance Center is back to being functional as well.
“As for right now, I’m very confident in that – that this Sunday’s card will [go on as announced], but this is a very sort of touch-and-go time, and at any given time, things can change, and you’ve seen that recently. The Performance Center is back functional. The talent is – you know, nobody can control this situation, and nobody’s going to be able to stop this pandemic, and COVID. We’re doing the best we can to keep our performers safe, our staff, our crew – everybody safe. So these situations where positives come up and we then go back and very, very extensively contact trace, and go back and quarantine those people – this is all for the safety and wellbeing of everybody.” H/T Cagesideseats
ON NXT and WWE Draft
The Game was also asked during the media call if NXT will be involved with the upcoming WWE Draft. He said he does not know and will find out along with everyone else.
Triple H was also asked if he has any say in the storylines NXT call-ups are involved in on the main roster. He revealed that he has no creative authority in what happens after a NXT Superstar moves over to RAW or SmackDown.
The much-awaited WWE Draft is coming up next month. It is going to start with the October 9 episode of WWE SmackDown and end with the October 12 episode of WWE RAW.