Vince McMahon was the CEO of WWE before he had to step down following allegations of sexual misconduct and allegedly having paid $12 million in hush money in a huge scandal last year. Many fans believed he was retired forever, but that was not the case. This is because Vince McMahon returned to WWE last week and last night, he became the Executive Chairman of WWE once again after his daughter Stephanie McMahon resigned. Nick Khan is now the sole CEO of WWE while Triple H remains the Creative Head of WWE.
Following Vince McMahon’s return to WWE, there have been rumors that he plans on selling the company to Saudi Arabia. However, those rumors were eventually proven to be untrue.
According to recent reports, Vince McMahon’s return to WWE is primarily to facilitate the potential sale of the company. There are several potential buyers for WWE, including Saudi Arabia. It is speculated that the kingdom, which has been the subject of controversy, may be the only prospective buyer willing to retain McMahon in a position of power.
Last year, former middleweight contender Chael Sonnen made controversial comments about Vince McMahon during an appearance on The MMA Hour. Sonnen claimed to know 10 individuals with whom McMahon had consensual sexual relations, all of whom were of legal age. These remarks were brought up again by UFC fighter Aleksandar Rakić in response to a tweet about McMahon’s return, he stated that he believes Chael’s comments to be true and that Vince McMahon is still in charge behind the scenes.
I believe what uncle @ChaelSonnen told me once.
'I don't know Vince McMahon. I know 10 people he’s had sexual relations with. 8 of them are women, all of them are consensual, everybody was above age.'
'100% true, I think Vince is in charge.' he said.
Chael knew it.#8outof10
— Aleksandar Rakic (@rakic_ufc) January 11, 2023