The rules and Superstar pools for the 2020 WWE Draft are now set.
On Thursday afternoon, WWE announced the official rules and the list of Superstars that will be included in the two-night 2020 WWE Draft, which kicks off on October 9 with Friday Night SmackDown on FOX and wraps up on October 12 with Monday Night Raw on USA Network.
Featured below is the official press release that the company issued on Thursday to reveal the WWE Draft Superstar Pools and Rules for this year’s two-night special on 10/9 and 10/12:
WWE Draft rules and Superstar pools set for 2020 edition
The WWE Draft will get underway this Friday, Oct. 9 on SmackDown and conclude Monday, Oct. 12 on Raw. WWE Chief Brand Officer Stephanie McMahon will once again preside over both nights of selections.
The rules and Superstar pools have now been finalized for the 2020 WWE Draft and can be found below:
- Over 60 Male Superstars, Female Superstars and Tag Teams have been placed into the 2020 WWE Draft.
- More than 20 Superstars are eligible to be drafted on Friday night and more than 30 Superstars are eligible to be drafted on Monday night.
- Due to the length of each show, for every two picks that SmackDown selects, Raw will get three picks.
- Tag Teams will count as one pick unless FOX or USA Network, in conjunction with WWE Officials, wants to pick one Superstar from the team.
- Any undrafted Superstars will immediately be declared free agents and able to sign with the brand of their choosing.
WWE Superstars have been split into eligible pools for the Friday and Monday episodes of the WWE Draft. Here is the breakdown of who is available for selection each night:
Heavy Machinery (Otis & Tucker)
The Hurt Business (Bobby Lashley, Shelton Benjamin, Cedric Alexander and MVP)
Lucha House Party (Kalisto, Gran Metalik and Lince Dorado)
Rey & Dominik Mysterio
The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods)
Shayna Baszler & Nia Jax
Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode
Erik (of The Viking Raiders)
The Miz & John Morrison
RETRIBUTION (Mustafa Ali, T-BAR, MACE, SLAPJACK, RECKONING & RETALIATION)
The Riott Squad (Ruby Riott & Liv Morgan)
Shinsuke Nakamura & Cesaro
The Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford)
Don’t miss this WWE Draft on Friday, Oct. 9 at 8/7 C on FOX and Monday, Oct. 12 at 8/7 C on USA Network to see where your favorite Superstars are headed.
Join us here at wrestling-edge.com for LIVE WWE Draft 2020 results coverage on Oct. 9 with Friday Night SmackDown and Oct. 12 with Monday Night Raw!
Follow Wrestling-Edge reporter Matt Boone on Twitter for additional WWE and wrestling news coverage @MattBoone1984.