– Tonight’s WWE RAW kicks off with Lilian Garcia introducing the WWE Champion Randy Orton, who is standing in the ring. The fans in Calgary are booing Orton. Orton says he’s out here because he’s heard rumors of people talking behind his back that he’s worried about facing John Cena at SummerSlam. People are saying he bullied Jeremy Piven last week into doing his dirty work for him. Orton says he bullied Piven because he can. Orton says he doesn’t answer to anyone and everyone is below him. Orton says he will beat Cena at SummerSlam – that’s not a rumor, that’s a fact and he guarantees it. Out comes John Cena.
Cena hits the ring and stares Orton down, pacing back and forth. Cena says Orton’s antics are making him angry. Cena gets hyped and in Orton’s face. Cena says he’s about to snap and is tired of hearing Orton talk about what he’s going to do and walking around like the business owes him something. Cena says he’s tired of Orton bullying people because he says he can. Cena tells Orton if he wants to bully someone, do it to him. Cena yells some more. Cena asks if Orton is going to do something about it and they butt heads. Cena is intense. The music hits and out comes Big Show and Chris Jericho in suits.
Big Show takes the mic and says neither Cena or Orton know the meaning of intimidation. The crowd starts chanting “Y2J” and it’s a big pop. Show says he breathes in someone’s direction and they’re intimidated. Cena says this is because his breath smells like Shaq’s jock strap. Cena asks why are they out here. Jericho takes the mic and the crowd pops. Jericho says tonight, RAW is in his country and they pop again. Another Y2J chant breaks out. Cena interrupts Jericho and reminds himself he left Canada to live in the United States. Heat for Cena from the crowd. Jericho says he met with Sgt. Slaughter earlier today and says he wants to do something he’s never done before and Slaughter listened. Jericho says tonight, he has a singles match against John Cena. Jericho says right here in Calgary tonight, for the first time ever he’s going to beat Cena. Orton says he might come down after Jericho beats Cena tonight and punt Cena in the skull. Big Show says Orton needs to know something. Show says he always gets what he wants and tonight, he is facing Randy Orton. Show and Jericho’s music hits as everyone stares each other down.
– We go backstage where Sgt. Slaughter is. Slaughter looks at the camera, says Atten-Hut! and turns back.
– We get ready for commercial when a graphic shows that Triple H is on his search for Shawn Michaels. Michael Cole says Triple H has traveled to Texas to try and find his long lost tag team partner. We go to break.
#1 Contender’s Match: Kelly Kelly vs. Alicia Fox vs. Gail Kim vs. Beth Phoenix
Back from the break and Kelly Kelly makes her way to the ring. The winner of this one gets a future Divas Title shot against Mickie James. Out next is her opponent Alicia Fox followed by Gail Kim and then Beth Phoenix. The match starts and Kelly goes at it with Beth. Kelly gets a 2 count off a counter. Beth goes to slam Kelly but Gail rolls them both up for a 2 count. Alicia with a 2 count. Kelly with a 2 count. Beth with a 2 count. Gail gets another 2 count in a row on Beth. Alicia drops Gail with a sick back breaker.
Kelly fights off Alicia and Beth until Beth takes her down. Alicia goes to kick Kelly but hits Beth. Gail with a missile dropkick from the top and a 2 count on Alicia. Kelly and Gail go at it. Gail catches her on the top rope. Beth gets Kelly and Gail on her shoulder at once and holds them until Alicia takes Beth’s knee out. Beth gets in Alicia’s face and they have words. Beth shoves her and dumps her to the floor.
Gail and Beth go at it. Gail flies off the top to the floor with a cross body on Alicia. Kelly flips into the corner but Beth catches her. Kelly leaps off the apron to the floor onto Alicia and Gail. Beth climbs to the top rope but Alicia trips her. Kelly brings Alicia back in the ring. Kelly bounces off the ropes but Alicia kicks her back to the floor. Gail lays out Alicia and gets the pinfall for the win and the title shot.
Winner: Gail Kim
– WWE Hall of Famer and tonight’s guest host Sgt. Slaughter comes out to the stage to a mixed reaction. Slaughter says it’s his privilege to stand in front of these proud Canadians tonight and they pop. He says he respects Canada. He says his first official assignment tonight is to lead a salute to the Canadian flag and he does. Slaughter changes his tune and says if it weren’t for the USA, all these Canadian would be speaking Russian and French. Heel turn here by Slaughter. Slaughter tells everyone to place their hand over their hearts and pay respect to the greatest country in the world – the United States. Lots of heat here for Slaughter. He tells everyone they’re dismissed as his music plays again and we go back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we go to a replay of last week’s show where Triple H teased a DX return at the end of his match with Legacy. Michael Cole says Triple H traveled to Texas earlier today and apparently, Shawn Michaels has a new career. More to come later tonight.
Jack Swagger vs. Evan Bourne
Headed to the ring is Jack Swagger and he’s pumped. Out next is his opponent, Evan Bourne. This will be Bourne and Swagger’s third straight week facing each other for the tiebreaker. The bell rings and Swagger takes Bourne down first and drives a big knee to the gut. Bourne trips Swagger and dropkicks him in the head. Swagger goes to the floor. Bourne comes over the top with knees to the chest.
Back in the ring and Swagger takes Bourne down with another knee. Swagger puts a knee to the back and holds it. Bourne finally fights back with kicks and takes Swagger’s knee out. Bourne with a clothesline and a 2 count. Bourne goes to the top but Swagger goes under him. Bourne goes for a head scissors but Swagger stops it. Bourne counters with a roll up for a 2 count. Bourne with a big knee to the face. They go to the corner and Swagger just tosses Bourne into the turnbuckle. Swagger hits the gut wrench powerbomb for the pinfall and the win.
Winner: Jack Swagger
– After the match, Swagger goes to the outside for a microphone. Swagger’s mouth is bleeding and the fans don’t like him. MVP’s music hits and out he comes to the stage area. MVP says nobody cares about Swagger being a two-time All American. MVP says they aren’t booing him because he’s American, they’re booing him because he’s arrogant and has a lisp. MVP proposes himself vs. Swagger tonight in the ring. Swagger says next week and MVP knocks him back on his butt. Swagger rolls out to the floor as the crowd chants for MVP. Swagger heads to the back while MVP’s music plays. Cole and Lawler plug tonight’s matches and Triple H’s search for Shawn Michaels in Texas as we go back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get a video from earlier today. We see Triple H walking into a break room in some office building where people are having lunch. Triple H calls Shawn Michaels and leaves a message saying he isn’t where Shawn told him to meet him at. Triple H walks over to a guy in a wig and thinks it’s Shawn but it’s not. The guy says he gets off at 7. Gay humor here. We walk over where a girl is banging on a bell. A man’s hand stops her and it’s Shawn. He tells her if she wants the burger made right she has to let him do his job. He tells her to sit down, shove some tater tots in her pie hole and he will call her when it’s ready. Shawn turns around and Triple H is looking at him shocked. Shawn says, Hey Hunter, and walks off.
– Sgt. Slaughter comes to the stage. He says he brought in Celine Dion tonight to sing the Canadian National Anthem. Out comes Jillian Hall instead and as expected, she butchers it. We go to commercial. Two odd segments in a row.
Contract on a Pole Match: Eugene vs. The Calgary Kid
Back from the break and there is a Superstar Contract hanging on a pole. Lilian announces the winner of this match will receive a spot on the RAW roster. Eugene is in the ring being his usual self. Out next is The Calgary Kid, a guy in a mask. Kid throws Eugene off and climbs for the pole. Eugene slams him, runs the ropes and drops a big elbow drop. Eugene climbs for the pole.
The Calgary Kid meets Eugene on the turnbuckle and they go at it. Eugene goes down and Kid grabs the contract to win a spot on the RAW roster.
Winner: The Calgary Kid
– After the match, The Calgary Kid picks Eugene up and drops him on his face. He takes the mask off and it’s The Miz. Miz takes his contract and stands on the announcer’s table to proclaim he’s The Miz and he’s awesome.
– We see WWE Champion Randy Orton headed to the ring as we go to commercial.
Randy Orton vs. Big Show
Back from the break and the WWE Champion Randy Orton is introduced for this non-title match. Out next is one-half of the WWE Unified Tag Team Champions Big Show. The bell rings and they size each other up. Show and Orton come almost face to face but Orton looks away. Orton strikes first but Show grabs him and drops him with a head butt.
Show with big body blows on Orton. Show grabs Orton’s neck and pulls back on it. Show takes it to the corner until he he has to break the hold. Show puts a boot to Orton’s throat. Big Show with a knee to the face. Show walks over Orton’s stomach now. Show with another hold on the neck. Show tosses Orton to the mat. Orton goes to the corner but catches more body blows. Show sets Orton on the top turnbuckle and chops him down to the floor.
Show brings it back to the ring but Orton fights back. A thumb to the eye turns things around. Orton brings Show back in the ring with his DDT off the second rope. Orton covers for a 2 count. Orton starts stomping on Show and drops a big knee. Orton goes for an RKO but Show pushes him to the mat. Big Show calls for the chokeslam and hits it on Orton. 2 count by Big Show.
Show starts kicking at Orton until the ref makes him back off. Show goes for his KO punch but Orton ducks it and slides out of the ring to the ramp. Orton teases going back in but is counted out. Orton heads up the ramp as Show is announced the winner.
Winner by Count Out: Big Show
– We go back to “Texas” where Shawn Michaels is working his new job as a cook. He corrects Triple H and says he’s a chef. Shawn says he wouldn’t understand,, after WrestleMania it was over for him. They do some comedy here. Shawn says he is a part of something at this job, the people like and respect him. The same little girl walks up and says her tater tots suck, her dad is the Vice President so HBK can take this – and tosses them. Triple H says the Legacy thing is out of control. Triple H says WWE needs HBK, DX needs HBK. Shawn says he doesn’t want to hear it. Shawn says he is happy now and is good at what he does now. Triple H asks if that’s why his grill is on fire. Shawn realizes the grill is on fire and extinguishes it. Shawn comes back with residue on his face and mumbles something about agreeing or listening to Triple H, it wasn’t too clear.
MVP vs. Chris Masters
Back from the break and MVP makes his way to the ring. Out next is Chris Masters, who poses with his pyro on the stage. The bell rings and they have words before MVP strikes first and takes it to the corner. Back and forth. MVP comes off the top but Masters catches him and slams him. Masters stomps away on MVP.
Masters with a 2 count on MVP. Knee drops from Masters and a submission hold on the neck and shoulders. MVP finally counters and takes control. Rights drop Masters. MVP with a knee to the face and his Ballin’ elbow drop. MVP misses the big kick in the corner. Masters goes for the Master Lock. MVP counters with a Playmaker for the pinfall and the win.
– After the match, Jack Swagger comes walking down the ramp. MVP challenges him to come in the ring. Masters comes from behind and applies the Master Lock on MVP. Swagger enters the ring and taunts MVP. Masters drops him and Swagger nails the gut wrench powerbomb. Swagger stands over a laid out MVP and smiles as his music plays.
– We get a highlight video of Jeremy Piven on various talk shows last week talking about his experience hosting RAW last Monday night. Cole and Lawler plug the main event as we take another break.
– Back from the break and we go to another video of Shawn Michaels at work. Triple H talks to him as he flips burgers and says he belongs in WWE, reminding him he’s the Icon and Showstopper. HBK tells Triple H to help him flip burgers and makes him put on a hat and apron. Triple H drops a burger and dusts it off. He continues to try and talk Shawn into returning as DX at SummerSlam. Shawn says he thought it’s SummerFest. A man walks in, Shawn’s boss, and calls him a different name. He says he might not pay Shawn for causing a fire today and yelling at a little girl. The guy keeps yelling at Shawn until he drops him. Shawn tells Triple H he’s in. They say if you’re not down with that, they got two words… and an old lady walks by and says Suck It. We hear the little girl crying and complaining again. Shawn walks around the corner and she yells at him again. Shawn hits her with Sweet Chin Music also and food goes flying. DX’s music plays as the grill catches on fire again and Shawn says he quits.
– We go back to the arena where Cole and Lawler say DX is back and show the results of a trivia question the plugged earlier. Who did Sgt. Slaughter defeat to win his first WWE Title – Hulk Hogan, Warrior or Randy Savage. Obviously it was Warrior and the fans got it right.
– Sgt. Slaughter comes back to the ramp and thanks everyone for being good sports tonight. He says the simple truth is that we’re all part of a good place and that place is the WWE Universe. He says he has a very special guest to introduce to the WWE fans tonight. Bret Hart’s video and music starts playing and the crowd goes nuts. It plays for a minute when Hacksaw Jim Duggan’s music hits and out he comes. Slaughter chants USA as Duggan heads to the ring with the American Flag. Back to commercial.
Mark Henry and Hornswoggle vs. Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase.
Back from the break and out comes Hornswoggle. He stops and waits for his tag team partner, Mark Henry. Henry comes out wearing a Hornswoggle hat. Cole says Chavo Guerrero hand picked his partner for this match. Chavo Guerrero comes out but he’s not dressed to wrestle. He says he was looking forward to getting revenge tonight but his injuries from last week haven’t healed yet. He says he did find a replacement tag team. Out comes Legacy, Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase.
The bell rings and Ted goes at it with Henry. Henry uses his power and Ted tags out to Cody. Henry tells Cody to hit him on the chin and he does. Henry lifts Cody and tosses him to the mat. Henry charges in the corner but Cody moves. Cody tags in Ted. Ted comes in and beats Henry, tagging in Cody. Double teaming before Cody unloads on Henry and makes another tag to Henry. They try a double suplex on Henry but he counters it and suplexes both of them.
Henry with big clotheslines. Henry knocks Cody to the floor. Ted tries to fight back but Henry hits the World’s Strongest Slam. Hornswoggle is tagged in and he goes to the top but misses the Tadpole Splash on Ted. Cody takes out Henry, sending him to the floor. Ted grabs Hornswoggle and drops him with the Dream Street for the pinfall and the win.
Winners: Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes
– Ted and Cody go to the ramp. They say now that DX is back together, they are ready to face them at SummerSlam. Ted says it will be the shortest comeback in WWE history. Cody says if you’re not down with that, they have two words for you… too bad.
– We go backstage with Josh Matthews and Chris Jericho. The fans pop for Jericho. He says tonight he is going to beat John Cena for the first time ever in the city he lived in for 7 years and trained in Stu Hart’s Dungeon. Jericho dedicates his victory tonight to Calgary. Big Show walks up and sees he needs to talk, asking if he saw what happened earlier. Jericho says he has everything under control. Jericho says he has everyone manipulated tonight, ripping the Canadian fans. He says he was born in America and isn’t even Canadian. He says the problem is that the fans here aren’t American. Jericho says they named this the Cow City for a reason. Matthews reminds Jericho that they are still on the air. He realizes this and walks off. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and Cole announces that next week’s RAW guest host will be actor and former WWE creative member Freddie Prinze Jr. They announce DX vs. Legacy at SummerSlam and run down the card.
John Cena vs. Chris Jericho
We go to the arena where John Cena’s music starts playing and the fans start booing. Out comes Cena. Out next is one-half of the WWE Unified Tag Team Champions Chris Jericho. A bit of a mixed reaction for Jericho, mostly positive. Jericho enters the ring as we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and the bell rings. They lock up and Jericho applies a headlock. Jericho with a shoulder and Cena goes down. Jericho with a roll up for a 2 count. Jericho goes for the Walls of Jericho but Cena slides out and heads to the floor. They lock up again and go to the corner. Jericho smacks Cena coming out of the corner. Cena comes at him with a headlock. Cena with a shoulder and a side headlock take down. The crowd boo’s.
Cena misses a shoulder and Jericho knocks him to the floor. Jericho follows and slams Cena into the ring post. Back in the ring and he kicks Cena in the face. Cena fights back after a small Cena chant. Jericho drops Cena again, hits an elbow drop for a 2 count. Jericho with a modified sleeper hold. Cena fights out and they trade shots in the ring. Cena with a shoulder off the ropes and another. Cena with the big slam and the Five Knuckle Shuffle, same sequence as always. Jericho catches Cena off guard during the Shuffle and rolls him up for a 2 count. Back and forth and another 2 count. Jericho with a bulldog. Jericho misses the Lionsault. Cena catches Jericho off the ropes again and they go to the mat. Cena picks him up and goes for an Adjuster. Jericho counters and applies the Walls of Jericho.
Cena reverses the Walls and locks on the STF. Randy Orton hits the ring as the bell is called for. Cena breaks the hold and stares Orton down. Cena turns around to a Codebreaker from Jericho. Jericho goes to attack Orton but Orton kicks him and throws him to the floor. Orton turns around to Big Show and a big chokeslam. Sgt. Slaughter comes out and says you maggots just gave him a good idea. He makes a tag team match for next week’s RAW – Big Show and Chris Jericho vs. Randy Orton and John Cena. Orton and Cena double clothesline Big Show to the floor. Cena grabs Jericho for an Attitude Adjuster and Orton RKO’s Jericho while he’s on Cena’s shoulders. Orton and Cena stare at each other after this as RAW goes off the air.