The May 6th, 2019 edition of WWE RAW took place at the U.S. Bank Arena in Cincinnati, OH.
– Vince McMahon comes out to the ring to kick off tonight’s show. Vince gets on the mic and welcomes us to RAW, and he says tonight will be a night that none of us will ever forget. Roman Reigns comes out to interrupt, and he’s got a mic. Vince is upset that Reigns, a SmackDown star, is on RAW. Reigns talks about the fans being the real authority now, and Reigns says if the crowd keeps making noise like this, he’ll be on RAW every week. Daniel Bryan comes out to interrupt. Kofi comes out to interrupt quickly after, and he starts arguing with Bryan. Bryan says Kofi is an undeserving champion. Vince yells and tells them to stop arguing, and he says he might implement a wild card rule between RAW and SmackDown. He says they are going to switch three wrestlers back and forth between RAW and SmackDown every week as a wild card. Drew McIntyre comes out to interrupt, and complains about the SmackDown invasion, and he particularly takes issue with Reigns. Vince says it’s time for a WrestleMania rematch. Vince books Kofi vs. Bryan, and Reigns vs. McIntyre for their Titles. AJ Styles then comes out to interrupt. AJ takes issue with Vince having SmackDown Live stars here on RAW as soon as AJ arrived on RAW. Vince says the explanation is the wild card rule that he just came up with. AJ complains that Reigns is back on RAW with his buddy Rollins. AJ says maybe he and a couple of his friends will show up on SmackDown. Vince reiterates the Wild Card rule, and then Seth Rollins comes out to interrupt. Rollins gets in the ring and gets in AJ’s face. Rollins takes issue with AJ saying SmackDown is the house that he built, and with AJ sucker punching him last week. Rollins says SmackDown was around long before AJ arrived. Vince interrupts and says it sounds like they want to compete tonight. Rollins says he wants to go right now. Vince interrupts again and says not in a singles match, they’re going to team up in a tag team match tonight, against a team of Vince’s choosing. Vince says this is going to be an incredible night, and he says to the crowd “let’s hear it for me.”
– Seth Rollins & AJ Styles vs. Bobby Lashley & Baron Corbin: Rollins and Styles start off strong and dump Corbin and Lashley out to ringside early on. Back in the ring, Lashley mounts a comeback against Rollins and stomps on him in the corner. Corbin tags in and continues the offense on Rollins. Rollins fights back with kicks and hits a Blockbuster off the middle rope on Corbin. Styles and Lashley get the tags and AJ unloads with a flurry of strikes. AJ hits a splash on Lashley in the corner, but then Lashley comes back with a spear in the corner. AJ gets distracted by Corbin on the apron, then Lashley spears AJ through the ropes out to the ringside floor. Lashley takes AJ back in the ring, but AJ fights back with a dropkick and a Pele kick. Corbin tags in, and Lashley takes Rollins out to ringside for a beat-down. Corbin gets the upper hand on AJ and dumps him out to ringside too. Back in the ring, Rollins tags in and cleans house. Rollins hits a Sling Blade on Corbin and then dumps him outside. Rollins follows up with a suicide dive on both Lashley and Corbin at ringside. Back in the ring, a mix-up on the apron leads to Styles accidentally hitting the Phenomenal Forearm on Rollins. AJ realizes what he did, and then he leaves and walks up the ramp. Rollins is not happen at AJ. Corbin grabs Rollins from behind and hits the End of Days for the three count.
Winners: Baron Corbin & Bobby Lashley
– The Miz is shown backstage looking for Shane McMahon. It looks like Miz is going to sit outside of Shane’s locker room until Shane comes out.
– Sami Zayn comes out to the ring next. Zayn gets on the mic and trashes the fans, saying he feels sorry they have to look at themselves in the mirror every day. Zayn talks about the fans complaining too much, and then Braun Strowman comes out to interrupt. Braun chases Sami around ringside, and Sami escapes. Braun chases Sami backstage and the cameras follow. Braun chases Sami to the very back of the arena, and Sami has his back against a wall now. Sami opens the big garage door, but Braun catches him by the foot. Braun picks up Sami and throws him into a big red dumpster. Braun notices a garbage truck coming up, and it picks up the dumpster. Braun shakes his head and walks off as the dumpster empties the load into the truck.
Well… we've all been there. pic.twitter.com/pfgu24U8MI
— TDE Wrestling (@tde_wrestling) May 7, 2019
– Lucha House Party vs. Enhancement talent: This one is a one-sided squash match. The Lucha House party hit all their finishing moves and score the three count after a very short match.
Winners: Lucha House Party
– We go to the women’s locker room where Natalya, Dana Brooke and Naomi look at formal invitations they’ve received from Lacey Evans.
– Robert Roode vs. Ricochet: Roode starts off strong and backs Ricochet into the corner then stomps on him. Roode hits a chop to the chest, but Ricochet comes back with a hurricanrana and a dropkick. Roode dumps Ricochet out to ringside, then slams his head into the apron a few times. Roode tries to keep Ricochet grounded and Roode controls the pace for the next several moments. Ricochet finally mounts a comeback, and he drops Roode then hits the 630 splash for the win.
– Rey Mysterio and his son are shown backstage. Dominic walks off and Rey goes into his locker room. We then see Samoa Joe following Rey’s son as we go to commercial.
– We see Samoa Joe backstage talking to Rey Mysterio’s son Dominic. Joe talks trash to Dominic for a couple minutes, then Dominic walks off.
– Lacey Evans vs. Enhancement talent: Alexa Bliss, Natalya, Naomi and Dana Brooke are at ringside, because Lacey invited them. Lacey beats the unnamed jobber in the ring with her pretty quickly with the “Women’s Right” hand.
Winner: Lacey Evans
– After the match, Lacey cuts a promo on the women at ringside. Becky Lynch comes out to interrupt. Becky drops her belts at ringside and hits the ring. Becky and Lacey brawl all over the ring, and Becky looks for the Disarm Her. Lacey escapes and backs up the ramp as Becky talks trash to her from the ring.
– The Usos are shown walking through the hallways of the arena.
– The Viking Raiders vs. Hawkins & Ryder: Hawkins and Ryder start off strong in this one and trade frequent tags to control the opening moments. The fight spills out to ringside and all four men are down. Back in the ring, Ryder looks for the Rough Ryder, but Erik fights back with a double knee strike. The Viking Raiders hit a double team powerslam on Ryder for the three count.
Winners: The War Raiders
— TDE Wrestling (@tde_wrestling) May 7, 2019
– We go to another Bray Wyatt “Firefly Fun House” segment. The Buzzard puppet gets into an argument with the witch puppet, and it appears the Buzzard puppet has ripped apart the bunny puppet. Wyatt talks about forgiveness, and says the buzzard puppet should be not only forgiven but rewarded. The camera pans out to reveal a bunch of kids sitting on the floor of the fun house. Wyatt says they’re going to have a picnic, and repeats his catch phrase to “let me in.”
– We see a replay of AJ Styles hitting Seth Rollins earlier in the night. Rollins cuts a brief promo backstage on AJ.
– Roman Reigns vs. Drew McIntyre: Drew starts off strong and trades right hands with Reigns in the ring. Drew hits a slam for a two count early on, then he hits a suplex for another two count. The fight spills out to ringside and Drew slams Roman into the ring post, then takes him back in the ring. Reigns fights back with a suplex, and then he clotheslines Drew out to ringside. Reigns looks for the Drive-By Kick at ringside, but Drew blocks it with a boot to Reigns’ face. Drew then hits a reverse Alabama Slam on Reigns into the ring apron. Back in the ring, Reigns fights back and looks for a Superman punch, but Drew catches him and hits a spinebuster for a two count. They trade right hands until Drew hits a headbutt for a two count. They fight out to ringside again, where Drew hits a big boot and throws Reigns into the ring steps. Back in the ring, Drew hits a spinning side suplex for a two count. Drew and Reigns trade strikes until Reigns ducks one and comes back with the spear. Reigns pins, but Shane McMahon and Elias hit the ring out of nowhere and assault Reigns. They pummel on Reigns as the ref calls for the DQ.
Winner via DQ: Roman Reigns:
– Shane and Elias continue beating down Reigns until The Miz comes out with a steel chair. Miz chases Shane through the crowd and out of the arena. Meanwhile in the ring, Elias picks up Reigns, and Drew boots Reigns in the face. We go backstage where Shane is hiding from Miz, and Miz runs right past him. An interviewer finds Shane and Shane walks away. We see Shane run over to a limo in the parking area, but then The Miz runs over and nails Shane with the chair. Shane and Miz brawl next to the limo. Shane hits a low blow, then he gets in the limo and drives off.
– We see a replay of Braun Strowman dumping Sami Zayn into a dumpster, and then the garbage truck dumping it into the back of the truck.
– The Revival vs. Gallows & Anderson: Before the opening bell, The Usos interrupt from the stage with mics. They talk about The Revival claiming to be the hottest team in WWE. They ask if you’ve heard of Icey Hot, and they bring out a jar of something called “Uso Hot,” and they say it should be activating right about now. The Revival members start selling that there is something in their trunks burning them. The Usos tell the Revival to come up to the stage and take some bottled water to relieve the pain. The Revival grabs the water and pours it in their trunks. The Usos then inform them that that will make the burning worse, and they were supposed to drink the water. The Revival keeps selling the burning in their trunks and they run backstage.
Winners: No contest
– Kofi Kingston cuts a promo in his locker room about winning the WWE Title and defying the odds. He says he’s going to send Bryan back to where he came from.
– No Way Jose vs. Lars Sullivan: Before the match, Lars beats down Jose’s conga dancers at ringside. Lars then drops Jose, and continues the onslaught on the conga dancers. Lars takes Jose back in the ring and hits a running powerbomb.
Winner: No contest
– We see Vince McMahon backstage in his office talking to someone on the phone. Vince is talking to someone on the phone about his 3-person weekly “wild card” between RAW and SmackDown. Lars Sullivan walks in. Vince tells the person on the phone they’re going to make it four individuals instead of three. Lars doesn’t say anything. Vince says “good talk,” and Lars walks off.
– Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Daniel Bryan: Kofi’s WWE Title is on the line in this one. Bryan strikes first with kicks and knees on Kofi in the corner. Kofi fights back with a lariat and then he clotheslines Bryan out to ringside. Kofi follows up with a suicide dive on Bryan at ringside. Back in the ring, Bryan fights back and dumps Kofi out to ringside. Bryan follows him out and slams Kofi into the ring post. Back in the ring, Kofi misses a shot and Bryan comes back with a slam and an armbar attempt. Kofi fights out and Bryan dumps Kofi outside, and Kofi hits his head on the floor. Bryan follows Kofi outside and continues the beat-down at ringside. Bryan tries to whip Kofi into the ring steps, but Kofi leaps on to the steps and runs up the turnbuckle. Kofi then hits a moonsault off the turnbuckle down on to Bryan at ringside. Back in the ring, Kofi hits a cross body off the top on Bryan for a two count. Bryan applies the Yes Lock, but Kofi reaches the rope to break the hold. Kofi fights back and hits the Boom Drop. Kofi looks for the Trouble In Paradise, but Bryan intercepts with a dropkick on Kofi. Bryan follows up with a German suplex on Kofi. Each man misses a kick now and Bryan looks for the Yes Lock. Kofi escapes and connects with the Trouble In Paradise for the three count.
Winner & still WWE Champion: Kofi Kingston
– Kofi celebrates with his WWE Championship on the turnbuckle as we go to replays and RAW goes off the air.