The April 30th, 2019 edition of WWE SmackDown Live took place at the Schottenstein Center in Columbus, OH.
– Michael Cole is in the ring to kick off SmackDown, and he introduces WWE Champion Kofi Kingston, who comes out to the ring by himself. Kofi steps in the ring for an interview with Cole, and Cole shows us some footage of Kofi’s road to the Championship on the big screen. Cole says that Kofi’s Title win over Daniel Bryan might be the greatest WrestleMania moment event. Kofi says winning the Championship was the greatest moment in his life, and then they talk about Kevin Owens taking aim at Kofi. Owens comes out to interrupt and he talks trash to Kofi. Xavier Woods runs out and attacks Owens from behind, but Owens gets the upper hand and drops Woods with a superkick. Kofi runs up to check on Woods as Owens retreats to the back. Kofi helps Woods walk backstage.
— WWE (@WWE) May 1, 2019
– The Hardy Boyz are backstage in street clothes. They will be addressing the audience about Jeff Hardy’s injury tonight.
– Kofi and Woods are backstage in the trainer’s office. Kofi says he’s worried about Woods, and he wants Woods to hang back and heal because Kofi’s got this.
– Bayley vs. Becky Lynch: This one is a non-title match. Becky controls the opening moments of this one until Becky comes back with a slam into the turnbuckle and then a clothesline from behind. Becky fights back with European uppercuts and then hits a t-bone suplex. Bayley fights back with a clothesline and both women are down. Bayley hits a suplex, then she goes to the top rope. Bayley looks for the flying elbow drop, but Becky gets her knees up to block it. Becky then applies the Disarm Her on Bayley, and Bayley taps out.
Winner: Becky Lynch
– Immediately after the bell, Charlotte hits the ring and attacks both Becky and Bayley, and she throws them both outside.
– We see a pre-taped promo from Aleister Black in front of a black background.
– SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Hardy Boyz come out to the ring, and Jeff is walking on crutches. The Hardy Boyz get in the ring, and they say Jeff needs surgery and he’ll be out for a long time. Because of this, they will have to relinquish the Tag Team Titles. Jeff talks about how hard it is to never be able to defend the Titles due to his injury. Then, Lars Sullivan comes out to interrupt. Lars hits the ring and throws Matt out to ringside. Jeff tries to get out of the ring, but he has difficulties due to his injury. Matt gets back in the ring and attacks Lars, but Lars fights him off and slams him in the corner. Lars hits a big spinebuster on Matt. Jeff picks up his crutch and dares Lars to come at him. R-Truth hits the ring and hits Lars with a steel chair from behind. Jeff makes his escape now as Lars turns around to stare-down Truth. Truth goes for another chair shot, but Lars punches the chair away. Lars hits a spinebuster on Truth, and then a running powerbomb on him.
— WWE (@WWE) May 1, 2019
– The broadcast team reveals Ali, Finn Balor, Andrade, and Randy Orton as SmackDown’s participants in the men’s ladder match at the Money In The Bank pay-per-view.
– Kairi Sane & Asuka vs. Enhancement talent: The Iiconics are on commentary for this one, and Paige is at ringside. This one is a fairly one-sided squash match in the opening moments as Kairi and Asuka take turns getting their offense in. Asuka hits a reverse DDT on one of the enhancement talents, then Kairi tags in and hits the flying elbow drop for the three count.
Winners: Kairi Sane & Asuka
– Kairi and Asuka talk some trash to The Iiconics after the match.
– We see Sonya Deville and Mandy Rose in their locker room watching the match finish on a monitor. Mandy says she learned that they will have a shot in the women’s ladder match at Money In The Bank, but only one of them will. Mandy says Sonya should take the spot, but Sonya insists that Mandy takes the spot in the match. They hug and it looks like Mandy will be in the women’s ladder match at the MITB pay-per-view.
– Roman Reigns comes out to the ring and gets on the mic. Reigns says he wanted to make a good first impression on his first night on SmackDown, so he knocked out Mr. McMahon last week. Reigns says it didn’t have to be McMahon and it could have been anyone, he just wanted to get the point across that he’s the big dog and this is his yard now. Shane McMahon comes out to interrupt. First, Shane makes ring announcer Greg Hamilton introduce him as the best in the world. Shane says Reigns wants to be the big dog in the yard, but the McMahon family owns the land. Reigns says no, your dad owns the land, and when they were in the ring together, he was on his back. Shane says we all know that Reigns took down a national treasure in Vince, but at the end of the night Reigns was left laying. Reigns says Shane needed Elias’ help to put Reigns down, and he asks if Shane can come down to the ring and do it on his own. Shane says he has to get on a jet and go train for his cage match at Money In The Bank. Shane says there are lots of other people on SmackDown who want an opportunity, and he introduces The B Team – Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel. Shane says The B Team wants to make a good first impression here on SmackDown too, so they’re going to have a handicap match tonight. Reigns asks if Shane also wants to blindfold him or tie his arm behind his back. Shane says Reigns is on the right track and this match needs a little something extra. Shane introduces special guest enforcer for this match, Elias.
– Roman Reigns vs. The B Team: Elias is at ringside. The B Team members will be in the ring one at a time in this match. Dallas starts off strong, but Roman quickly makes a comeback. A distraction from Axel leads to Dallas nailing Reigns from behind, then the B Team double teams Reigns for a two count. The B Team trades frequent tags now to repeatedly double team Reigns. Reigns fights back with a big boot and a Samoan Drop on Dalls for a two count. Elias causes a distraction and The B Team drops Reigns again. Reigns falls out to ringside, and Elias hits a cheap shot on him while the ref isn’t looking. Back in the ring, Reigns finally fights back with a big boot and a flurry of clotheslines. Reigns superman punches Dallas off the apron down to the floor. Axel rolls up Reigns from behind for a two count, then Reigns hops up and nails Axel with the Superman punch too. Reigns pins, but Elias yanks the referee out of the ring. Reigns goes outside and Elias slams Reigns into the barricade and ring post. Elias throws Reigns back in the ring, and Axel hits the Perfect Plex on Reigns. Elias slides in and counts the pin, but Reigns kicks out at two. Elias grabs his guitar and takes it in the ring. Reigns superman punches Elias before Elias can use the guitar, then Reigns spears Axel. The other referee gets back in the ring, and Reigns pins Axel for the three count.
Winner: Roman Reigns
– Finn Balor and Ali are backstage getting ready for their tag team match against Andrade and Randy Orton tonight.
– We see the same Bray Wyatt “Firefly Fun House” segment from RAW last night.
– Finn Balor & Ali vs. Randy Orton & Andrade: We see a pre-taped promo from Orton before the match. Andrade and Zelina Vega cut a promo on the ramp saying they’re going to teach everyone in there to fear Andrade. The opening bell sounds and Orton knocks Ali out to ringside to take control of this one early on. Back in the ring, Orton continues the beat-down on Ali until Ali fights back with a dropkick. Balor and Andrade get the tag, and Balor and Ali end up throwing Andrade and Orton out to ringside. Balor and Ali hit suicide dives in tandem on Orton and Andrade. Back in the ring, Zelina distracts Balor, which leads to Andrade hitting the running knee strike in the corner. Andrade looks for the DDT, but Balor escapes. Balor hits the Sling Blade and Ali tags in. Ali hits the 450 splash for the three count.
Winners: Ali & Finn Balor
— WWE Universe (@WWEUniverse) May 1, 2019
– After the match, Orton hits the RKO on Balor, then Ali throws Orton out to ringside.
– Ember Moon is backstage for an interview. She says she hasn’t made a name for herself yet, but she’s going to seize the moment at Money In The Bank and win the contract. Carmella interrupts and says she is the two-time winner of Money In The Bank, and she’ll do whatever it takes to win again.
– Kevin Owens comes out to the ring to host The Kevin Owens Show. His guest tonight is scheduled to be Xavier Woods. Owens says the desk and graphics are gone, because the gimmicks are tired and that’s something The New Day would do. Owens says he doesn’t need that, because he is the show. Owens says tonight he had a great idea for his Owens Show guest, because he knows all about Kofi but he wants to learn more about Xavier. He tells Xavier to come out to the ring if he’s still table to. He tells Xavier to trust him and just sit down and have a chat. Woods doesn’t come out, so Owens pulls an Xavier Woods action figure out of his pocket. He puts the action figure on the chair in the ring and talks to it. Owens also pulls out a Big E action figure, with his leg taped up, and puts it down beside Woods’ action figure. Owens says obviously the real Woods and Big E aren’t here to speak his mind, and the action figures are useless pieces of trash, and he kicks over the chair with the figures on them. Kofi comes out to the stage to interrupt. Kofi runs down the ramp and hits the ring, and he starts trading right hands with Owens. Kofi gets the upper hand and takes Owens out to ringside. Kofi continues the beat-down at ringside and they brawl over the announce table. Owens hits Kofi with a thumb to the eye and then Owens retreats through the crowd. Kofi stands in the ring and yells at Owens as SmackDown goes off the air.