WWE Star Nearly Died After Vince Fired Him

Formerly known as Kalisto in WWE, Samuray Del Sol recently shared his near-death experience with COVID-19 in August 2021. After being released by WWE in April 2021, Del Sol was hospitalized for a month due to the virus. In a recent interview, Del Sol revealed that he was delusional and his brain was fried, coughing up blood, and had a fever that wouldn’t subside. He even passed out a few times and hit his head, and his heart stopped beating, needing to be revived three times.



Del Sol’s wife was with him during his hospital stay, where he stayed for two and a half months, with only a few people knowing about his condition. After being released from the hospital, he received a call from Tony Khan, offering him a match against FTR in AEW, which he accepted despite his health issues.

Del Sol teamed with Aero Star to face FTR on the November 3, 2021 episode of AEW Dynamite and was worried he might have a heart attack during the match. He was still on an oxygen machine at the time but was able to complete the match with the help of coffee, pre-workout, and CBD.

“After getting released from WWE, I was like, ‘I’m going to get back on the grind, I’m motivated,’ [COVID] just hit me out of nowhere. I waited two weeks because I didn’t want to pay a damn hospital bill. That was my mistake because I was starting to be delusional. My brain was fried. My wife was sick, but not as sick as me. My fever wouldn’t go down, I was coughing up blood every day for two weeks. I guess I passed out a couple of times and hit my head. I was white. I didn’t tell anybody, not even my parents. They were pissed off.
I don’t like showing my medical history to the world and I don’t want any sympathy. I’m a private person. I can take care of myself and do this. It scared the shit out of me. In the hospital, they were going to put me in a coma, but my wife said no. ‘He’s not going to come back. He’s going to die.’ My heart stopped beating, they needed to revive me. My heart stopped and kicked back. It was like three times. I was in and out with that. I was super tired and just wanted to sleep. From what my wife was telling me, it was really bad. I ended up staying in the ER for two and a half months. I was on close watch because my heart kept stopping. It was scary because I was alone. Only a few people knew.
I had to tell FTR. I worked with them for a long time. They took care of me. They’re the best. I’m forever grateful for them. I told them, ‘If I have a heart attack, just roll me underneath the ring.’ I didn’t tell anybody. That’s why I felt so emotional.”
Harrison Carter
Harrison Carter
Harrison Carter has been a huge pro wrestling fan since 2002, and it's been his first love ever since then. He has years of writing experience for all things pro wrestling. His interests outside of wrestling include films, books and soccer.

Related Articles

Latest Articles