The former WWE star Alberto Del Rio recently filed a lawsuit against his former company Combate Americas for allegedly refusing to pay him a sum of $250,000, apparently owed to him by the promotion. Alberto Del Rio had previously threatened Paige to leak her inappropriate’ video clip.
Alberto Del Rio makes bold claims
Alberto Del Rio and Tito Ortiz had squared off in the main event of Combate Americas: Tito vs. Alberto on December 7, 2019. Ortiz finished Del Rio via rear naked choke in the first round. Although Ortiz was initially declared the winner, the result was later changed to ‘no decision’.
Appearing on Sportskeeda’s UnSKripted podcast, the former WWE World Heavyweight Champion claimed he’s still owed money for fighting Tito Ortiz back in 2019. Del Rio claimed that he’d kept quiet for so long because he shares a good rapport with some of the people working in the promotion. He also said he’s grateful to have been able to work with the promotion and pointed out that he’s only asking for the money he deserves and nothing more. He said that he knows he couldn’t defeat Ortiz but he is asking for what he deserves:
“They don’t want to pay me $250,000 that they still owe me from my fight against Tito Ortiz. Unfortunately, I didn’t want to do it [file the lawsuit], I haven’t talked about it because I still have friends in that company [Combate Americas] and I’m still really grateful for the time they gave me when I was working for them but we’re talking about money that I earned fighting one of the legends in the sport, and yes I couldn’t defeat Tito Ortiz but I was there and I gave it all and I’m just asking for what is mine,” Del Rio said.
Speaking about Ortiz, he made his professional boxing debut against former UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva on September 11, 2021 and he lost the match via knockout in the first round.