WWE was able to generate a lot of anticipation and chatter last year when they branded a live house show as “Starrcade”. They held the event in Greensboro, North Carolina, home to many NWA/WCW versions of Starrcade, and brought back some legendary faces to help sell the big show.
It seems like branding the house show as a special event paid major dividends, as WWE recently announced that Starrcade will be returning this November. The show will remain a dual-branded show, featuring superstars from Smackdown Live and Raw, however, this time the show will take place from U.S. Bank Arena in Cincinnati, Ohio.
As of this writing, there was no news on whether the show will be televised or not, as last year’s show was not, but a few of the matches on the card have already been announced, via WHIO.com:
“Matches will include:
– The Shield vs. Braun Strowman, Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre (Cincy Street Fight)
– AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe (Steel Cage Match for the WWE Championship)
– Charlotte Flair vs. Becky Lynch (Steel Cage Match for Smackdown Women’s Championship)
– Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Rusev with Lana (For United States Championship)
– The New Day vs. The Bar (For Smackdown Tag Team Championship)
There will also be other wrestlers and a concert featuring Elias with Nature Boy Rick [sic] Flair.”
Personally, that Elias concert featuring Ric Flair is enough to sell me. But if that doesn’t do it, The Shield in a street fight versus their biggest rivals, and cage matches between AJ and Joe and Charlotte and Becky should be enough to make this event a can’t miss if you are in or around the Cincy area.