Jim Ross is back with another blog over on jrsbarbq.com, sharing his thoughts on WWE’s Money in the Bank pay-per-view. Here are some highlights from this entry:
– The crowd in Chicago and likely the heat in the arena helped ascend the show. The All State Arena is a magical place when the live crowd is emotionally invested and they were Sunday night. If great matches traditionally get 5 stars this crowd deserves 6.
– CM Punk and John Cena had a scintillating main event that featured over 30 minutes of classic, old school wrestling. It took me back a generation, or so it seemed, and that match alone was worth the price of the PPV. My black hat is off to both men.
– Christian winning the World Title surprised me. Interesting way of doing it too as Orton’s anger management issues got the better of him. It makes for some provocative TV going forward on Smackdown. Bottom line is that I understood what occurred but was left wanting to know more of what will now happen especially to Orton due to his post match assault on the new World Champ.
– Daniel Bryan winning the Smackdown MITB match was a shocker. I would have lost the farm on that one had I been a gambling man. However, I loved the outcome of this match. Bryan is a talented young man who has a spectacular skill set, is a high character person, and brings more steak than sizzle. I needed a reason to reinvest in Bryan and now I have it.
– Albert Del Rio’s victory in the Raw MITB Ladder Match was less of a surprise but made sense in that Del Rio’s been on a ‘roll’ and seems to be championship bound sooner than later. BTW Del Rio must have one helluva garage for all those high dollar vehicles that he drives but one has to assume that all his cars are ‘low mileage.’
|Daniel Bryan Presents Hunter Pence With WWE Championship At San Francisco Giants World Series Victory Parade|
|Negative Reaction To WWE Earnings Report In Major Newspaper, WWE Superstars Highlights, The Brothers of Destruction-Wyatts|
|Alberto Del Rio Says He Doesn't Need WWE (Video), Triple H Appears Alongside Chris Nowinski, WWE Horror Posters|
|WWE Joins Special Olympics Florida To Attempt A World Record, Eden Goes Halloween Shopping (Video), SmackDown Preview|
|CM Punk Resumes Tweeting, WWE Looks At The "RKO Outta Of Nowhere" Viral Video Craze, Note On Trish Stratus|
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|22||Backstage News On Cesaro Being Punished By WWE For Criticizing Cena-Orton Matches|
|9||Alberto Del Rio Says WWE Higher-Ups Were Making Racist Jokes, Talks WWE Release, More|
|7||Josh Mathews Comments on Backstage Fight In WWE, Why He's Not Interested In Returning|
|7||*Spoilers* WWE SmackDown Tapings for 10/31/14|
|7||Wall Street Executive Believes The McMahon's Are Ready To Sell WWE|