WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has published a new blog entry on jrsbarbq.com. Here are some highlights:
– Curious to follow the storyline involving HHH, Mr. McMahon, Stephanie McMahon and, subsequently, Curtis Axel on RAW tonight. I have no idea where this matter is headed but I can say that for Curtis Axel to be in this conversation with the aforementioned individuals is nothing but good for the son of Mr. Perfect.
– Will Daniel Bryan continue to steal the show tonight on WWE’s flagship broadcast as he has the past few weeks? I’m relatively certain that he will find a way. We had a young man in the recent Tampa tryout camp who reminded me of Daniel Bryan a great deal. I suggested to him that he watch every Daniel Bryan match that he could find. Same body type and a perfectionist in mastering the in ring drills. Plus, he won a Gold Medal at the Pan American Games in wrestling.
– John Cena vs. Ryback is the official headliner for the Payback PPV but they will be hard pressed to follow CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho in Punk’s hometown and with both men’s penchant for show stealing. Two, highly skilled, proud performers like Jericho and Punk will make it very difficult for whatever immediately follows them to succeed. I could see a Divas match being held immediately after Punk/Y2J finish their business in the Windy City.
– It’s been smart of WWE to continue to hold World Champion Dolph Ziggler out of contact. There should be no rush and to err on the side of caution is always best for any injury especially a concussion. I expect Ziggler to make his presence felt in a big way tonight on RAW just six days prior to Payback. Ziggler is one of WWE’s most valuable resources and I fully expect for him to have a breakout year in 2013 leading into something significant at WM30 in New Orleans.
– One of the best attributes of the new, WWE Performance Center will be the presence of a full time strength and conditioning coach who will have world class equipment with which to work. Over time, we will see talents transform their bodies and become stronger and more explosive thanks to an organized, systematic training regime that has never been utilized to this degree ever in the business. This matter hasn’t been discussed that much but, trust me, it is a huge feature of the new facility.
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|13||More On Long-Term Plans For Roman Reigns|
|4||Bret Hart On Who Is The Best Wrestling Manager Ever: “Paul Heyman Is The Best Manager In Wrestling”|
|4||Three Divas Want WWE To Bring Back The Women's Championship|
|2||Jim Ross On Doctors Not Clearing Daniel Bryan And WrestleMania 32|
|2||Kurt Angle Talks About His Career Coming To An End, His TNA Retirement Tour And More|