- Tonight’s WWE RAW kicks off with the usual RAW opening video. We’re live from the Intrust Bank Arena in Wichita, Kansas as Michael Cole welcomes us. The Nexus music begins to play as we go to the ring.
Out comes Wade Barrett, Michael Tarver, Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater and David Otunga. Barrett has a smirk on his face as the crowd boo’s. Barrett says as you can see, Nexus is still standing here and he was victorious last night. A big “you suck” chant breaks out. Barrett wants to address some issues before he brings out the newest Nexus member. Barrett has identified the two men who hit the ring during his match last night – Husky Harris and Michael McGillicutty from NXT 2. Barrett says he didn’t ask either man to get involved and barely knows them. Barrett says they are not a part of Nexus.
Barrett says he needed no help in beating Cena and asks the other 4 members of Nexus what they were thinking coming to the ring and risking a DQ. Otunga goes to defend the idea and Barrett doesn’t want to hear it. He says tonight is about celebrating the newest member of Nexus. Barrett asks the crowd to give the newest Nexus member a warm welcome. Out comes John Cena to no music. Cena looks weary and is still wearing his purple and yellow colors. Cena slowly walks to the ring and steps in.
Barrett says he knows Cena is a man of his word and will honor the stipulation. Barrett says Cena will realize that this is the best thing to happen to him. Tarver takes the mic and addresses Cena, talking about how he’s picked on him and beat him up in the past. Tarver says the joke is on Cena now because he failed. Tarver says they have a gift for Cena. Tarver presents him with a Nexus armband. Cena takes it and stares Tarver down. The crowd starts chanting for Cena. Cena takes off his purple and yellow armband and reluctantly puts on the Nexus one. Slater tells Cena everything will be ok because they are here for him. Slater says the fans want to know Cena’s feelings on the matter. Slater has a prepared statement that Cena must read to the fans. Barrett says this isn’t negotiable and Cena will read it now.
Cena snatches the mic and hesitates before reading the prepared statement. Cena acknowledges that he is officially a member of Nexus. That gets a mixed reaction from the fans, mostly boo’s. Cena says any enemy of Nexus is now an enemy of his. Cena doesn’t like reading the statement and hesitates before going on. Cena says he hopes his fans stick by him because you’re either Nexus or against us. Barrett says it will get easier as time goes on. Barrett announces Cena will have his first match as a member of Nexus tonight. It will be Mark Henry and Evan Bourne vs. Cena and a partner. Barrett lets Cena pick his partner. Cena steps face to face with Tarver and picks him. It will be Cena and Tarver vs. Bourne and Henry tonight. Barrett calls Bourne and Henry to the ring for the match right now.
John Cena and Michael Tarver vs. Evan Bourne and Mark Henry
The team of Evan Bourne and Mark Henry come to the ring for tonight’s first match. We see replays of Nexus beating up Bourne and Henry last week. It’s going to be Cena starting out with Bourne. Cena sticks out his hand for Bourne to shake as Nexus heads to the back. Tarver yells at Cena for this. Cena tags in Tarver to start the match. Tarver comes face to face with Bourne and starts talking trash. They lock up and Tarver hits a big knee, beating Bourne down. We go to commercial.
Back from commercial and Mark Henry is working over Michael Tarver. Cena is smiling a bit at this. Henry works on the arm of Tarver. Henry beats Tarver down in the corner and tags in Bourne for a double team move. Bourne with a 2 count. Bourne with a submission on Tarver now. Cena acts like he’s reaching for a tag. Henry is tagged in again. Tarver reaches for a tag from Cena but Cena pulls his hand back, allowing Henry to hit Tarver with a big shot. Henry with a big headlock now. Tarver tries to fight out but can’t.
Henry stands on Tarver before tagging back in Bourne. Henry slams Tarver and Bourne hits a standing moonsault for 2. Cena reaches his hand out again with a smirk on his face. Tarver fights back against Bourne but runs into a big boot in the corner. Tarver counters and hits an overhead suplex. Tarver crawls for a tag again but Cena pulls his hand away again. Cena goes to ringside to sign fan signs while Tarver yells at him for not being there to tag. Cena continues to sign autographs. Tarver turns around to Mark Henry. Henry hits the World’s Strongest Slam for the pinfall and the win.
Winners: Evan Bourne and Mark Henry
– After the match, Cena just smiles at ringside while Bourne and Henry celebrate. The crowd chants Cena’s name. He takes the mic and says he wants to make a statement of his own. Cena enters the ring and says he plans on doing one thing while he’s a member of Nexus – destroy it from within. The crowd pops for this. Tarver stands up. Cena says he will prove tonight that you can be Nexus and against us. Cena decks Tarver and lays him out. Cena goes outside where Tarver is. Tarver goes to get up but Cena charges and hits a big clothesline. Cena takes the steel steps apart. Cena scoops Tarver up and slams him on the steps to a big pop from the crowd. The crowd chants for one more time and Cena scoops him up and slams Tarver on the steps again. Cena throws Tarver in the ring and the crowd is going nuts. Cena takes out Tarver’s knee and locks the STF on. The e-mail alert goes off. Interesting Tarver never tapped. Cole announces that the GM says if Cena lost last night, he must join Nexus and that is a group that takes directions from Wade Barrett and as a member of Nexus, Cena must also take directions from Barrett. If Cena doesn’t do this, the GM will have no choice but to terminate Cena’s WWE contract. The crowd boo’s big time at this and Cena doesn’t like it either. The GM says that no one man, despite his popularity, is bigger than WWE. The GM says he will fire Cena. Cena kneels in the ring and appears to be in deep thought while the crowd chants his name. Cena exits the ring as the crowd chants “don’t give up.” Cena heads to the back and we go to commercial.
Natalya vs. Alicia Fox
Back from commercial and the bell rings for the next match as Alicia Fox punches Natalya. They go back and forth. Natalya hits a spinning clothesline out of the corner and goes for the Sharpshooter on Alicia. Alicia taps out to give Natalya the quick victory.
– We see replays of Edge beating up the RAW GM’s computer last week. The GM has demanded that Edge issue an apology. Johnny Knoxville will also be coming up next. We go to commercial.
– Back from commercial and Johnny Knoxville is backstage talking to Gail Kim and Melina about the new Jackass 3D movie. Zack Ryder comes walking in. Knoxville goes to high-five Ryder but a big fake hand comes out of nowhere and smacks Ryder to the ground. Knoxville laughs at Ryder.
– We see John Cena backstage. Josh Matthews walks up and says it appears Cena is either Nexus or he’s fired. Cena says this is all he has, he can’t not be in the WWE. Cena takes off running out of nowhere and goes into the Nexus locker room. Husky Harris and Michael McGillicutty are in there but walk out. Barrett says he just saw what Cena did to Tarver. Barrett says he has big plans for Cena’s future and we go back to commercial.
Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus
Back from commercial and WWE’s United States Champion Daniel Bryan is already in the ring. Out comes his opponent, Sheamus, for what appears to be a non-title match. The bell rings and Sheamus slams Bryan back into the corner. Sheamus unloads with knees and punches. Sheamus hits a series of shoulder thrusts now and continues to stomp away on Bryan. Sheamus drops a dozen or more knees into Bryan’s head and the referee calls for the bell.
Winner by DQ: Daniel Bryan
– After the bell, Sheamus grabs Bryan and lays him out with the High Cross finisher. Sheamus’ music hits and he heads to the back as the referee checks on Bryan, who is laid out.
– We see Edge walking to the ring before another commercial break.
– Back from commercial and we see a replay of Cena running into Husky and McGillicutty in Nexus’ locker room. We go to the ring and Michael Cole is in it with the General Manager podium. The GM says that after last week, he won’t be communicating any longer with his voice altered. He will only be communicating via e-mail through Cole, who he calls the voice of WWE. We see replays from last week of Edge vs. Cena and Edge destroying the computer. Cole says that was unacceptable. The GM wants Edge to come down and apologize and then he will make a big announcement regarding the WWE Title. Edge is asked to come to the ring.
Edge comes out to the ring and says he’s not apologizing for anything. Edge says he’s on a personal crusade against everything stupid. Edge says there’s a lot of stupid stuff on RAW including the GM and Cole. Edge says he would rather hear a recording of Jim Ross than Cole. Edge says when he becomes WWE Champion, the GM will see some real attitude. The e-mail alert goes off and Cole laughs. Cole says we will determine the next #1 contender tonight and it will be done in a 20 man over-the-top battle royal. The winner will face Randy Orton for the WWE Title at Bragging Rights. The GM says Edge won’t be in the match because he’s been officially traded to SmackDown. The crowd chants spear. Edge says this is one of the greatest nights of his career because he doesn’t have to deal with the GM or Cole anymore. Cole says since he is the voice of WWE, Edge needs to show him respect. Edge threatens Cole and The Miz’s music hits.
The Miz comes out with Alex Riley and heads down to the ring. Miz says Edge won’t hurt Cole. Miz puts over Cole and calls him a visionary, one who saw Miz’s awesomeness before anyone else. Cole leaves the podium and goes back to the announcer’s table. Edge calls Miz an Edge wannabe. Miz says he and Edge are nothing alike and Edge agrees, because he’s been WWE Champion. Edge recalls some other things he’s done that Miz hasn’t and rips on Alex Riley. Riley fires back at Edge and says Miz is the future of WWE. Edge says Miz is awesome… at tapping out to Daniel Bryan. A “you tapped out” chant breaks out. Miz says he’s either going to be competing in a WWE Title match at Bragging Rights or he’s going to be leading his RAW team into beating SmackDown’s team. Miz tells Edge to go to SyFy and tell all his friends that The Miz is awesome. Edge decks Riley and Miz, sending Miz into the podium. Edge spears Riley. Edge stands up and Miz lays him out with the Skull Crushing Finale. Miz’s music hits and he heads to the back with Riley.
– We see John Cena backstage with Nexus. Barrett tells Cena he had been thinking of getting rid of Michael Tarver for a while now so Cena did him a favor. So apparently Tarver is out of Nexus. Barrett wants Cena to help him win the battle royal tonight. Cena asks what happens if he wins. Barrett says that won’t happen because he’s ordering Cena to help him. Otunga speaks up and says if Barrett is eliminated, he must help one of them win. Barrett doesn’t like this and tells Cena he does what he says or gets fired. Back to commercial.
The Bella Twins vs. Michelle McCool and Layla
Back from the break and The Bella Twins are in the ring. Out come their opponents, LayCool. Layla and McCool have microphones on and we get to hear them talk through the entire match. It’s one of the Bellas starting things out with McCool. They go back and forth for a few minutes. Layla is commentating while McCool wrestles. Layla comes in and distracts, allowing the Bellas to do their switch at ringside. Michelle gets pinned for the Bellas win.
Winners: The Bella Twins
– After the match, we still get to hear Layla and Michelle yapping. They’re saying that the referee needs to learn how to count.
– We see Maryse taking to Johnny Knoxville backstage. Ted DiBiase walks in and thinks it was Knoxville sending notes to Maryse all along. Knoxville tells Ted not to come closer and before he can warn him, the big hand smacks Ted to the floor. Maryse flips out and starts throwing her shoes at Knoxville. The big hand also slaps Maryse down on top of Ted. Knoxville apologizes and runs away. We go to commercial.
– Back from commercial and we see replays of Ted DiBiase and Maryse vs. Eve Torres and R-Truth from two weeks ago and where the love message popped up on the big screen. Cole teases problems with the Million Dollar Couple. Cole and Lawler lead us into a preview for Jackass 3D.
We go back to the ring and Justin Roberts introduces tonight’s guest star, Johnny Knoxville and out he comes. Knoxville plugs his new movie and acts like he’s in a hurry. Knoxville says goodbye but Ted DiBiase’s music interrupts and out he comes with Maryse. Knoxville tells Ted there’s no hard feelings. Ted gets in Knoxville’s face. Knoxville says he was just trying to make Maryse laugh, like Ted made her laugh the first time she saw him with no pants on. Ted slaps Knoxville and locks on Dream Street. Ted asks if it’s funny now and throws Johnny to the mat. The crowd boo’s. A message comes on the big screen and says, “you are mine.” Goldust appears in the ring behind Ted. Ted turns around and Goldust lays him out. Goldust tells Ted he doesn’t want him. Goldust goes over to Maryse and pets her in the corner. Goldust says he doesn’t want her either. Goldust drops in front of the Million Dollar Title belt and starts caressing it. Goldust says that’s what he wants. Goldust starts rubbing the belt on himself as his music plays. A bit of the Goldust of old here. We go to commercial.
– Back from commercial and we get a Make-A-Wish video featuring WWE Superstars granting wishes for ill children.
– We see John Cena backstage, looking at his Nexus armband. David Otunga walks in and says he knows Cena is upset but Nexus isn’t all bad. Otunga says Barrett can be a bit demanding sometimes but Otunga knows they can make it work. Otunga tells Cena if he ever needs to talk, he’s there for him. Otunga pats Cena on the back and walks off.
– Cole and Lawler talk about Chris Jericho getting punt kicked by Randy Orton last week and we see replays.
20 Man Over-The-Top Battle Royal: Wade Barrett, Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater, David Otunga, Zack Ryder, The Miz, Vladimir Kozlov, William Regal, John Cena, Sheamus, Evan Bourne, Tyson Kidd, David Hart Smith, John Morrison, Mark Henry, Santino Marella, Darren Young, Ted DiBiase, R-Truth, Primo
We go to the ring for tonight’s main event and out first comes John Morrison. Out next are R-Truth, Santino Marella, Vladimir Kozlov, Sheamus and John Cena. Cena’s regular theme music hits but he doesn’t come out. The Nexus music hits now and out comes Wade Barrett, David Otunga, Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater and John Cena. Cena is trailing behind everyone and doesn’t look happy. He’s still wearing his purple and yellow shirt but has the Nexus armband on. Nexus faces off with the WWE stars who are already in the ring. We go to commercial before everyone else makes their way out.
Back from commercial and it’s RAW stars facing off against Nexus. Sheamus eliminates Bourne quick and then David Hart Smith. Barrett is going at it with Darren Young. Cena eliminates William Regal. Morrison and Gabriel go at it on the apron. Tyson Kidd and Slater go at it. Kozlov and Santino work on The Miz in the corner. Miz eliminates Santino. Henry throws Ryder over his head and over the top rope to eliminate him. Henry lifts Primo up next and eliminates him.
Darren Young almost eliminates Kidd but he holds on. Henry goes to throw out Wade Barrett but Cena makes the save. Nexus attacks Henry as Cena watches. Henry is eliminated. Nexus yells at Cena. Cena eliminates Otunga. Barrett has words with Cena now. We go to commercial with Cena and Barrett arguing.
Back from the break and Morrison is going at it with Barrett. Truth goes back and forth between Slater and The Miz. During the break, Barrett eliminated Kozlov and Nexus eliminated Darren Young. Cena guards Barrett as he fights with Morrison. Cena hits Morrison and goes to work on him now. Cena beats down DiBiase now. Sheamus tries to eliminate Slater while Gabriel works over Kidd in the corner. Morrison clotheslines and eliminates Slater. Truth and Morrison try to eliminate Barrett but Cena runs over and makes the save.
Morrison eliminates Kidd with a kick on the apron. Cena continues to guard Barrett while Sheamus works on Gabriel. Miz and Morrison go at it. Miz drops Truth with kicks. Miz tosses Morrison but he hangs on. Morrison eliminates Miz with a nice springboard move. It’s down to Cena, Barrett, Sheamus, Truth, DiBiase, Morrison and Gabriel. Barrett works on Sheamus while Cena fights DiBiase. Cena makes the save as Sheamus almost eliminates Barrett. Cena guards Barrett again. Gabriel almost eliminates himself then Truth kicks him in the face, sending him to the floor. Ted and Truth go at it now. Ted eliminates Truth. Barrett goes to work on Ted now. Morrison attacks Barrett but Cena makes the save again. Wade eliminates DiBiase. It’s Morrison, Sheamus, Cena and Barrett now.
The crowd chants for Cena. Sheamus and Morrison attack Cena. It’s Sheamus working on Cena and Barrett working on Morrison now. Sheamus tries to eliminate Cena. Barrett goes for his finisher on Morrison. Morrison turns it around and goes to the apron. Morrison kicks Barrett in the head but falls off the apron and eliminates himself. Cena hits the running shoulders on Sheamus and the big back drop. Cena hits the Five Knuckle Shuffle on Sheamus. Cena goes for the AA but Sheamus counters and hits the Irish Curse. The crowd chants for Cena again. Sheamus goes for the big kick on Cena and falls on the apron. Cena knocks Sheamus off the apron and eliminates him. It’s down to Cena and Barrett. They stare each other down in the middle of the ring.
Barrett stares at Cena and points to the back. Barrett tells Cena to go. Cena looks around at the crowd. Barrett orders Cena to take a walk. A “let’s go Cena” chant breaks out. Cena gets in Barrett’s face and they have words. Cena gets fired up but backs down a bit. Cena climbs over the top rope and to the apron. Cena stops and stares at Barrett. Cena hesitates but finally steps down on the floor, eliminating himself. Wade Barrett is the new #1 contender.
Winner: Wade Barrett
– After the match, Barrett goes to celebrate but Randy Orton’s music hits and out comes the WWE Champion to the ring. The crowd pops as Orton enters the ring and stares down Barrett. RAW goes off the air with Orton holding the WWE Title belt up in Barrett’s face.
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!