- Reports came out from SuperLuchas on Monday that Randy Orton’s WWE future was up in the air after meeting with Vince McMahon, Triple H and Kevin Dunn at WWE headquarters on Friday. The report stated that the meeting’s atmosphere was “hostile” and it was determined a further decision concerning Orton awaits. SuperLuchas says that several WWE officials were lobbying for Orton’s termination as a cost-cutting measure.
PWInsider now reports that WWE officials indeed met with Orton over the weekend and there is definitely talk about not bringing him back as soon as his suspension is over. Their report doesn’t mention Orton being terminated but the idea would be to make Orton “sit it out and stew” once the suspension is over.
We noted earlier that one change coming out of the Orton suspension is WWE may start announcing which banned substances talents test positive for. One temporary change we will see is a lot of the RAW Superstars working SmackDown tours this summer while Orton is away. Rey Mysterio will be returning in a few weeks to add some depth to SmackDown but expect to see guys like Kofi Kingston, R-Truth and Zack Ryder work a lot of the upcoming SmackDown live events. John Cena and CM Punk have already been booked for upcoming SmackDown tapings.
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|22||Backstage Heat on Randy Orton For Slowing Down Roman Reigns' Push|
|16||WWE Hall of Famer Reportedly Refuses to Sign Birthday Card for Kid Fighting Brain Cancer|
|11||More on Spike TV Not Renewing TNA's Impact Contract, What Dixie Reportedly Told Employees|
|9||Fan Describes Another Awkward Encounter with Brock Lesnar and Sable In Orlando Last Week|
|8||WWE RAW Report - July 28, 2014|