– Thanks to Randy for the updated details from last night’s WWE SmackDown tapings in Bakersfield, CA:
* The opening segment had Teddy Long and Randy Orton. Orton talked about moving on from Orton and that’s when Teddy announced the 20 man battle royal for a new #1 contender. Ted DiBiase and Cody Rhodes came out. They talked about Legacy and Randy RKO’d Ted. Cody wanted to win the battle royal and get a title shot but Teddy booked him against Zeke in the IC Title rematch.
* There was a segment with Teddy and Zack Ryder. Ryder has invited Alberto Del Rio to SmackDown. Aksana appeared and flirted with Teddy some more, saying she knows why they call him “Long.”
* They did a nice video package for Justin Gabriel before he beat Tyson Kidd.
* There was a backstage segment with tension between Jinder Mahal and The Great Khali.
* Alberto Del Rio cut a promo before he beat Daniel Bryan, talking about his 1 year anniversary in WWE. Del Rio challenged anyone to come out and that’s when Daniel Bryan did. This was the match of the night and went longer than the others. The crowd loves it. Del Rio attacked Bryan after the match which brought out Sin Cara to make the save.
* After AJ Lee and Kelly Kelly beat Natalya and Alicia Fox, Fox and Natalya argued. This led to Natalya taking Alicia down and putting her in the Sharpshooter.
* Randy Orton was on commentary for the battle royal. There was no Christian in the match but like you said before he was in the dark main event. Sin Cara was over big time in the match and made several eliminations. The crowd was really into it when it came down to he and Mark Henry, who won. At best I can remember, here are the orders of elimination for the battle royal. I think Daniel Bryan was shown in the graphic but don’t think he was in the match.
The Great Khali
The Uso Brothers, at once by Cara
Winner: Mark Henry
|Former TNA World Heavyweight Champion Demands That Dana White Apologizes For Saying Pro Wrestling Is Fake|
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!