Today’s festivities took place at Community Hall in National Indoor Arena in Birmingham, England. Headliners Mark Munoz and Chris Leben were among the 20 fighters hitting the scale.
All fighters made weight with the exception of main-card fighter Thiago Alves, a fighter who’s missed weight twice in the past. Today, he came in a pound heavy on his first attempt.
Alves has additional time to cut the needed pound.
The nearby LG Arena plays host to Saturday’s event, which airs via same-day delay on Spike TV in the U.S. (and live in other countries). Additionally, the prelims stream live on Facebook.
The official UFC 138 card includes:
MAIN CARD (Spike TV)
- Chris Leben (186) vs. Mark Munoz (186)
- Renan Barao (136) vs. Brad Pickett (134)
- Papy Abedi (170) vs. Thiago Alves (172)*
- Cyrille Diabate (206) vs. Anthony Perosh (205)
- Terry Etim (156) vs. Edward Faaloloto (155)
PRELIMINARY CARD (Facebook)
- Justin Edwards (170) vs. John Maguire (170)
- Rob Broughton (258) vs. Philip De Fries (243)
- Michihiro Omigawa (145) vs. Jason Young (145)
- Chris Cope (170) vs. Che Mills (169)
- Chris Cariaso (135) vs. Vaughan Lee (135)