- John Cena has officially retired his “jorts” jean shorts ring gear and will be going with camouflage shorts moving forward. He will be rotating different colors of camo to represent different branches of the United States military.
- Many of WWE’s key business metrics were down in September from the year before, including attendance (down 9%) and DVD sales (down 44%).
- The following are the most-shipped WWE DVDs of the year:
* WrestleMania (229,000 units, down down 9.5% from 2010)
* Best of WCW Nitro (135,000 units)
* True Story of WrestleMania (118,000 units)
* The DX DVD (109,000 units)
* Best of Raw 2010 (96,000 units)
- WWE.com had only 10.4 million unique visitors in September, which is down 10% from the year before and the lowest month in several years.
- WWE Shop did 667 orders per day, down 13% from the year before. The WWE shop had a big spike in August due to CM Punk’s popularity at the time and was shipping almost 1,100 orders per day that month.
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|22||Backstage Heat on Randy Orton For Slowing Down Roman Reigns' Push|
|16||Fan Tries to Meet Brock Lesnar and Sable at Airport, The Rock Asked If He Gave Lesnar Advice|
|12||Negative WWE Live Event Reviews on Possible SummerSlam Match, Update on Where Sheamus Is|
|11||More on Spike TV Not Renewing TNA's Impact Contract, What Dixie Reportedly Told Employees|
|9||What Are WWE Network Viewers Watching?, Network Employees 'Walking on Eggshells', More|