- Here are some WWE business notes for May 2013:
* The average live event attendance was 4,438 paid per show, up 9.9% from May 2012
* WWE shipped 305,000 DVD units in May, up from 301,000 in 2012
* WWE.com did 13.5 million unique visitors last month, the same as May 2012
* WWE’s shop website took 613 orders per day last month, the same as May 2012
– Regarding the quality of WWE TV in recent weeks and how it pertains to the writers, word is that it’s not The McMahons nor the writers that should be credited, but a lot of good luck. A source says that the Mark Henry retirement ruse, as it was scripted, was good but far from the great segment it turned out to be. Henry took the segment in a direction that wasn’t planned and one that nobody saw coming.
– The June 24th RAW, for the first time in weeks had minimal changes from how the show was presented on June 21st, last Friday, when scripts were finalized. John Cena and CM Punk had already gone through and approved their segments before the final script was presented.
Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|18||Clarification On Why The Rock Was Upset With His Royal Rumble Appearance|
|16||Fans Block Parking Lot After Royal Rumble, People Livid With Roman Reigns|
|14||Mainstream Media Cover Negative Crowd Reaction At The Rumble, Rock Tweets On Philly Crowd|
|14||Major Update On WrestleMania 31 - Expected Card, Plans For Bryan, Rollins and Taker|
|14||WWE Reportedly Makes Big Change to WrestleMania 31 Plans for Daniel Bryan, Battle Royal News|