- Here are a few more details on Jeff Hardy’s legal troubles from The Fayetteville Observer:
* Wrestling fan Thomas Ray Cruz met Hardy after a show in Florida and offered to supply him with prescription pain pills. This is the shipment that arrived addressed to Hardy at a FedEx shipment facility on September 10th, 2009. The pills were in a Maxwell House coffee can. Cruz, who lives in Florida, was arrested in Moore County in November of 2010 on charges of conspiracy to traffic in opium and two counts of trafficking in opium. He is now free on a $50,000 bond and will return to court this November.
* Hardy’s lawyer told the court that he began using pain pills because of wrestling. He said wrestling is physically demanding and violent, and that “fans want violence.”
* According to Hardy’s lawyer, he has tested clean for drugs since his arrest and has been cooperative with police.
* The lawyer brought up how Hardy does charitable work and mentioned he is one of the top requested stars for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. The judge asked, “How many of those parents would want someone dealing with their child who is using drugs?”
* Prosecutors were wanting Hardy to serve 30 days in jail but the judge reduced the sentence to just 10 days.
|Big Push Coming for a WWE Diva?, WWE Turns Crowd Sound Down at RAW?, Axel on Neville, WWE - San Jose|
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|40||WWE WrestleMania 31 Results - March 30, 2015|
|12||Was Brock Lesnar Allowed to "Blade" at WrestleMania 31?|
|9||Backstage Talk on Tonight's WrestleMania Main Event, WWE Reportedly Worried About Roman Reigns, More|
|9||Post-WrestleMania WWE RAW Report - March 30, 2015|
|8||Backstage News on Why WWE Is Reportedly Planning Major Changes for the Divas Division|