- Here are a few more details on Jeff Hardy’s legal troubles from The Fayetteville Observer:
* Wrestling fan Thomas Ray Cruz met Hardy after a show in Florida and offered to supply him with prescription pain pills. This is the shipment that arrived addressed to Hardy at a FedEx shipment facility on September 10th, 2009. The pills were in a Maxwell House coffee can. Cruz, who lives in Florida, was arrested in Moore County in November of 2010 on charges of conspiracy to traffic in opium and two counts of trafficking in opium. He is now free on a $50,000 bond and will return to court this November.
* Hardy’s lawyer told the court that he began using pain pills because of wrestling. He said wrestling is physically demanding and violent, and that “fans want violence.”
* According to Hardy’s lawyer, he has tested clean for drugs since his arrest and has been cooperative with police.
* The lawyer brought up how Hardy does charitable work and mentioned he is one of the top requested stars for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. The judge asked, “How many of those parents would want someone dealing with their child who is using drugs?”
* Prosecutors were wanting Hardy to serve 30 days in jail but the judge reduced the sentence to just 10 days.
|Alberto Del Rio Says He Doesn't Need WWE (Video), Triple H Appears Alongside Chris Nowinski, WWE Horror Posters|
The Hottest WWE news, photos and videos delivered to your inbox in one convenient newsletter. Sign up now and give it a try!
|22||Backstage News On Cesaro Being Punished By WWE For Criticizing Cena-Orton Matches|
|9||Alberto Del Rio Says WWE Higher-Ups Were Making Racist Jokes, Talks WWE Release, More|
|7||Josh Mathews Comments on Backstage Fight In WWE, Why He's Not Interested In Returning|
|7||*Spoilers* WWE SmackDown Tapings for 10/31/14|
|7||Wall Street Executive Believes The McMahon's Are Ready To Sell WWE|