WWE.com has announced the release of 10 talents, effective today June 12:
Marc Harris (referee)
Here are some notes on why certain talents were released:
* Yoshi Tatsu has “really regressed” in the ring according to WWE. They tried to find another role for him, including working as an NXT ring announcer.
* Teddy Long’s contract had expired, he had been off TV for some time and many knew he was going to leave.
* Brodus Clay was the victim of the company simply stop caring about him. This is why they have done nothing with him following his breakup with Tensai and their tag-team. His final appearance for the company was a loss to NXT Champion Adrian Neville, which was perhaps indicative of the fact there was no plan for him going forward.
* Evan Bourne was said to be the victim of bad timing, having not wrestled in a long time, being injured in a car accident and already out of action on a Wellness suspension.
* The biggest surprises in terms of releases were said to be Curt Hawkins and Camacho. Hawkins was considered a “good hand” in the ring and had several years left on his deal, even if he was only used as an enhancement talent. Camacho was popular in NXT given his charisma and ability on the mic in recent appearances.
The feeling backstage is that more releases will be coming.
Credit – PWInsider.com