– Tonight’s RAW opens up with a recap video of the NXT Rookies attacking Vince McMahon at the end of last week’s show. We go to Michael Cole and Jerry Lawler at the announcer’s table. Cole is playing up the seriousness of the situation. Cole says the NXT Rookies now want to be called Nexus. Cole says WWE has reached out to the McMahon family but they’re keeping Vince’s condition quiet. Cole says Wade Barrett is at WWE headquarters discussing the future of the group. Cole says he will pass on more details later if he gets them.
– We go to the ring and out comes WWE Champion Sheamus with a smile on his face. Sheamus takes the mic and says he’s watched the footage of Vince getting beat up several times and he’s disgusted by it. Sheamus says as the WWE Champion, he felt it was his responsibility to make a statement on behalf of the company. And that is… “the Champ is Here!” Sheamus gets heat for this. The crowd starts chanting for Cena some. Sheamus says Cena is no longer the #1 contender for his WWE Title because he used his rematch clause last week.
Sheamus says no longer does he have to see or hear Cena or hear his fans chant his name. Sheamus says he hates Cena. Sheamus says Cena won’t get another shot at his WWE Title again. Cena’s music hits and out he comes to a big pop.
Cena hits the ring and the crowd gives him a lot of pops. Cena says something about Sheamus’ help. Cena talks about the Nexus and says they almost ended his career. Cena asks who does Sheamus think they’re coming after next? Cena says him, the human jar of mayonnaise. Cena tells Sheamus to help him now. For one night only, they fight side-by-side, Cena says. Cena calls out the Nexus for a brawl. The e-mail alert goes off and Cole has a message from the General Manager. The crowd hates this. Cole has a podium he reads from now. Wow. The General Manager’s message is that he will wait until next week to take action on Nexus. He will give Wade Barrett time to plead his case with WWE officials. The message says if any Nexus star has contact with a WWE star, they will be eliminated. If any WWE star makes contact with a Nexus member tonight, they will be suspended. Cena says his plan is completely ruined now. Cena says tonight isn’t a total loss now because we’ve learned something about Sheamus. Cena says Sheamus is a pretty good guy. Cena proposes a WWE Title match between them tonight. The e-mail goes off again. Cole says Sheamus will be wrestling Mark Henry tonight instead. Cena cuts this ridiculous promo, really horrible comedy. Another e-mail alert. Cole reads this message and it’s about Money in the Bank. Cole explains the Money in the Bank ladder matches. The message says the participants will be revealed later tonight. The General Manager says for now, he wants to demonstrate. Sheamus says he’s wasted enough time on this and he’s out of here. Another e-mail alert as Sheamus is walking off. A steel cage starts to lower over the ring as Cena stands inside. Cole announces that it will be Sheamus vs. Cena in a Steel Cage match for the WWE Title at the Money in the Bank pay-per-view. Cena’s music hits as the cage settles around the ring. Cena gets hype as Sheamus looks on from the ramp. We go to commercial.
The Hart Dynasty and Natalya vs. The Usos and Tamina
We go to the ring for six-person tag team action as WWE’s Unified Tag Team Champions The Hart Dynasty and Natalya make their way to the ring. As they get on the apron, the Usos and Tamina attack from behind and destroy the Harts. The Usos leave up the ramp. Tamina runs back down and throws Natalya in the ring. Tamina stomps on Natalya and goes to the top. Tamina hits the big Superfly splash and goes back outside of the ring to leave with the Usos.
Winner: No Contest
– We go backstage with Josh Matthews and R-Truth. Josh asks him what actions should be taken against the Nexus. Truth says they’re behaving like wild animals. Truth says we shouldn’t fire him, just leave them here at the WWE zoo because he’s the zookeeper. And that’s the truth, he says. We go to commercial.
Vladimir Koslov vs. Santino Marella
Back from commercial and we get a replay of the Vladimir Kozlov and Santino Marella dance-off from three weeks ago. We come back to the ring and Vladimir Kozlov is waiting. Cole says that if Santino can win this match, Vladimir has agreed to be his tag team partner. Out comes Marella to the ring. The bell rings and they lock up. Santino tries for a back suplex but can’t move Kozlov. Santino hurts his hand and wastes some time. Kozlov applies a triangle choke type submission but Santino gets out of it. Santino charges but Kozlov hits some headbutts and slams Santino. 2 count.
Santino powers out of a hold and slams Kozlov. Kozlov catches Santino and drops him with a chokeslam for the pinfall and the win.
Winner: Vladimir Kozlov
– After the match, Kozlov leaves and William Regal comes down the ramp. Regal hits the ring and starts beating up Santino. Kozlov runs back to the ring and kicks Regal down with a big boot. Regal retreats shaking his head as Kozlov helps Santino to his feet. Kozlov carries Santino out on his shoulders as his music plays.
– We go backstage with Matthews again, The Great Khali and Ranjin. Matthews asks Khali his thoughts about the Nexus. Ranjin translates and says Khali said he’s a big stupid giant and his manager is tired of protecting him. Ranjin says if the Nexus came up right now Khali would run off. Ranjin storms off. It appears Ranjin just turned on Khali? Khali says something we can’t understand but Ranjin is already gone.
– Back from commercial and Justin Roberts introduces tonight’s guest host, Rob Zombie. Zombie comes out to one of the songs on his new album. Zombie says he is here because he loves sick and twisted things, like the kind of things that happen in the ring, like Money in the Bank perhaps. Zombie announces the eight participants and they are… Randy Orton, The Miz, R-Truth, Chris Jericho, Evan Bourne, Ted DiBiase, John Morrison and Edge. Zombie talks about Edge and he appears on the big screen. Edge says he hasn’t talked to Zombie since he called him personally and says he was dumping his song as his entrance theme. Zombie says he’s sorry he took his song back from Edge because he couldn’t let him destroy it any longer. Zombie says that’s all he has to say to Edge, goodnight and goodbye. Zombie goes to leave the ring. Edge taunts him from the big screen. Edge says Zombie doesn’t matter anyway. Edge reminds everyone he won the first Money in the Bank ladder match and then cashed it in on John Cena for the WWE Title. Edge shows us a replay of that from 2005.
Edge talks about doing the same to Undertaker. Edge says he owns the Money in the Bank ladder match and will show everyone in this match how twisted he can be. Edge talks about crushing Randy Orton. Edge says he’s going to crush everyone else in the match and at the end, they will all be staring up at him. The e-mail alert goes off and Cole has a message from the General Manager. Cole steps up to the podium and asks for everyone’s attention. Cole announces the main event tonight will feature all eight Money in the Bank participants. Bourne, Morrison, Truth and Orton vs. Edge, The Miz, DiBiase and Jericho will be the match.
– We see Mark Henry headed to the ring for his match against Sheamus as we go to commercial.
Mark Henry vs. Sheamus
Back from commercial and the WWE Champion heads to the ring for this non-title match. Out next is his opponent, Mark Henry. Henry has his NXT Rookie Lucky Cannon with him. The bell rings and Sheamus attacks. Henry shoves him off to the mat. Sheamus comes back and drops Henry with a DDT for 2. Sheamus drops knees and hits Henry with big chops. Sheamus with another 2 count. Sheamus with a headlock now.
More offense from Sheamus. He goes for a clothesline but Henry drops him with one. They go back and forth. Henry hits a big splash for a 2 count. Sheamus goes out to the floor and Henry follows. Henry lifts Sheamus over his head and throws him back into the ring. Henry comes in but Sheamus drops him with a big kick. Sheamus covers Henry for the pinfall and the win.
– We go backstage with Matthews and the Nexus, besides Wade Barrett. Michael Tarver said the no contact rule goes both ways. Tarver says they can still make an impact. Skip Sheffield starts yelling at a WWE crew member and picks a fight. Sheffield beats the guy up. Tarver says that’s what they mean. The members of Nexus laugh at Matthews, trying to intimidate him. We go to commercial.
– Back from commercial and Jerry Lawler is in the ring. Lawler talks about a new WWE DVD on one of the best coming out tomorrow. Lawler leads us into a preview for WWE’s new Ricky Steamboat DVD. We return to the ring and out comes the WWE Hall of Famer, Ricky Steamboat.
Lawler talks about the new DVD and says there are some of the guys in the back who want to come out and honor Steamboat’s career. Out comes Arn Anderson, Dean Malenko, Michael Hayes and Michael Rotundo. The Legends come in the ring and embrace Steamboat. Malenko speaks and says it’s an honor to share this moment with Steamboat. Malenko says he can’t wait to go home and watch some of Steamboat’s greatest matches. Malenko jokes and says for most of those matches, he wasn’t even born yet. Rotundo speaks next and jokes that Steamboat better make sure he pays taxes on the DVD royalties. Hayes speaks next and says they didn’t get to compete a lot against each other and he hasn’t got much camera time in the past few years so he really came out to do this…. and he dances across the ring. Anderson speaks last and the crowd pops. Arn talks about all the times wrestling Steamboat and says something magical always happened because Ricky made it happen. Arn says Ricky is very special. Arn talks about the top #5 in wreslting and says names like Triple H, Undertaker and Shawn Michaels. The crowd Whooo’s for Flair. Arn puts Steamboat over some more. Steamboat speaks now and thanks everyone in the ring and the WWE Universe. The Nexus music hits and out come the Rookies.
The Legends take their coats off and roll their sleeves up as the Nexus, minus Wade Barrett, surround the ring. The Legends try to kick them away from the ring as Nexus taunts them. Heath Slater enters and gets beat back to the floor. Tarver tries to enter and they kick him off too. Sheffield and David Otunga drag Arn Anderson to the floor and beat him up. They ram Arn into the ring post. They pull Malenko to the floor and slam him back into the fan barrier hard. Nexus keeps trying to get in and they finally get Rotunda on the floor and beat him up. Steamboat, Lawler and Hayes are left in the ring now. The Rookies get on the apron now and continue to taunt the remaining Legends. They enter the ring and it’s a brawl. Nexus beats the Legends down and throw Lawler to the floor. They bring Hayes to the floor and the brawl continues. Slater lays out Steamboat in the ring. It’s chaos as Lawler and Hayes continue to get beat up on the floor. They go back to stomping on Rotundo. They come back in the ring where Steamboat is. Nexus surrounds Steamboat and taunt him. Steamboat strikes first but they beat him down. Arn tries to get up and Tarver kicks him back to the floor. The assault on Steamboat continues. Otunga hits him with his finisher. They throw Steamboat into one of those Skip Sheffield running clotheslines. The crowd starts chanting “you suck” at Nexus. Tarver climbs the ropes and taunts the fans. They drag Steamboat over to the corner and Justin Gabriel hits the 450 splash. The members of Nexus stand in the ring over Steamboat and look out over the crowd. They leave up the ramp as we go to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get replays of the assault from Nexus on the WWE Legends. We see WWE trainers at ringside. Steamboat is being taken out on a stretcher. The rest of the Legends are walking on their own or with others help. We take another commercial break.
Alicia Fox and Maryse vs. Eve and Gail Kim
Back from the break and out comes the team of WWE Divas Champion Alicia Fox and Maryse. Josh Matthews is now on commentary as Jerry Lawler is being checked on for injuries from the attack. Out next comes the team of Eve Torres and Gail Kim.
The bell rings and Eve goes at it with Alicia. Alicia beats down the former champion. They go back and forth. Eve goes for a roll-up but Alicia blocks it with a knee to the head. Alicia with more offense now. Alicia tags in Maryse. Maryse kicks Eve around and pulls her hair. 2 count by Maryse. Maryse takes Eve to the corner and tags in Alicia. Alicia misses a kick in the corner and Eve tags in Gail. Gail hits two clotheslines and a head scissors takedown on Alicia. Gail counters a move with a 2 count. Gail with kicks now. Gail dropkicks Alicia back into the corner. Gail charges but Alicia goes to the floor. Eve comes over and Alicia lays her out. Maryse tries to attack from behind but Gail turns around and drops her. Alicia comes in and goes at it with Gail. Alicia hits the scissors kick for the pinfall and the win.
Winners: Maryse and Alicia Fox
– We get a plug for tonight’s main event. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and we get replays of the Nexus attack on Vince McMahon last week and the attacks on the WWE Legends tonight. Cole reminds us that the WWE stars couldn’t stop the attack because of the no-contact rule tonight.
Edge, Ted DiBiase, Chris Jericho and The Miz vs. Randy Orton, Evan Bourne, John Morrison and R-Truth
We go to the ring where a red briefcase with the Money in the Bank logo is hanging above the ring. A ladder is setup under it. Out first for his team comes Edge. Edge climbs the ladder and poses by the briefcase. Out next is Chris Jericho. WWE’s United States Champion The Miz is out next followed by Ted DiBiase, who has Maryse by his side. Their opponents are out next. R-Truth comes out first followed by John Morrison, then Evan Bourne and finally Randy Orton. Before Orton comes out, Morrison pulls a ladder from under the ring and sets it up on the outside. Orton comes out to a big pop from the crowd. We go to commercial before the match starts.
Back from the break and the bell rings. It’s DiBiase and Morrison starting things out. Ted kicks Morrison first and takes it to the corner. Ted kicks Morrison to the mat and finally backs off. Morrison with a big backdrop. Morrison tags in Truth. Truth hits Ted with rights. Ted fights out but gets dumped over the top and to the floor. Bourne is tagged in and runs off the apron and kicks Ted in the face. Bourne brings Ted in the ring and hits him with nasty kicks. 2 count by Bourne. Ted hits a knee to the gut and tags in The Miz. Bourne catches Miz and tosses him for a 1 count. Miz beats Bourne down. Bourne trips Miz and kicks him in the face. Bourne with another dropkick in the corner for a 2 count.
Miz catches Bourne with an elbow. The ref is distracted as Ted drops Bourne with a right hand. Miz tags in Jericho now. Jericho kicks Bourne in the head and slingshots him into the bottom rope. Edge kicks Bourne while he’s on the floor and the ref is distracted. Jericho brings Bourne back in and slaps him in the head. Jericho taunts Bourne and stops him from tagging. Jericho tags in Miz and drops Bourne with a right. Miz works over Bourne now. Miz with a chinlock on Boourne. Miz goes for a suplex but Bourne counters it and tags in Morrison. Morrison clotheslines Miz and hits a big dropkick. Morrison with a springboard kick off the ropes. Ted pulls Miz out to safety but Morrison flies over the top onto both of them. The ref is distracted. Edge comes over and beats Morrison down. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Jericho is working Morrison over. During the break, Jericho rammed Morrison with a ladder while the referee was distracted. Morrison comes back in now and rolls Jericho up for a 2 count. Jericho counters and drops Morrison for 2. Jericho tags in Edge, who kicks Morrison to the mat. Edge works Morrison over in the corner. Morrison reaches for a tag but Edge pulls him back and tags in DiBiase. Ted mounts Morrison with right hands. They go back and forth until Ted catches Morrison with a powerslam for 2. Ted with a headlock now.
Edge is tagged back in and he continues the assault on Morrison. Edge runs into a big boot but comes right back with a bigger boot to the face to Morrison. Edge charges for the spear but Morrison moves. Edge hits the turnbuckle pad and goes down. Morrison goes for a tag but Edge pulls him back. Morrison kicks Edge in the head and they both go down. Edge tags in Jericho as Morrison tags Bourne. Bourne with a headscissor takedown and a dropkick. Bourne runs the ropes and hits a heel kick to Jericho’s jaw. More kicks from Bourne for a 2 count. Bourne goes to the top but Jericho cuts him off. Jericho tries for a superplex but Bourne stops it with knees to the head. Bourne knocks Jericho to the floor and goes for Air Bourne. He misses but lands on his feet. Jericho responds with the Codebreaker. Jericho tags in Ted as Orton is tagged in. Orton lays out Ted with a quick RKO for the pinfall and the win.
Winners: John Morrison, R-Truth, Evan Bourne and Randy Orton
– As Orton’s music hits, Edge attacks from behind and lays out Randy Orton. Edge brings a ladder into the ring and drops R-Truth with it. Morrison and Bourne kicks the ladder into Edge. Bourne lays out Jericho with a kick. Bourne runs and Morrison helps him jump off the ropes and onto the floor where Jericho is. Miz comes up and lays Morrison out with his finisher. Miz sets the ladder up and climbs it to the briefcase. Orton comes over and pushes the ladder over. Miz hits the ropes and rolls out to the floor. The crowd starts chanting for Orton. Orton stands the ladder back up and starts to climb. Orton grabs the briefcase and the crowd pops. Orton poses with the briefcase at the top of the ladder as his music plays and we go to replays. RAW goes off the air with Orton holding the briefcase.