The second night of tapings for the Mae Young Classic was much like the first. It was full of exciting action and many people were thrilled to be part of this landmark event. The first round of the tournament had some great match ups but night two of their television tapings included some amazing matches and in the end the two women who would compete in the finals were crowned.
The full list of spoilers is below if you can’t wait to see what happens.
There was a tag team match with Deonna Purrazzo & Jessica James defeating Nicole Matthews & Barbi Hayden. Although this could have been a dark match, it certainly got the crowd excited for the rest of the show.
- Second Round Match: Abbey Laith defeats Rachel Evers
- Second Round Match: Piper Niven defeats Serena Deeb
- Second Round Match: Mercedes Martinez defeats Princesa Sugehit
- Second Round Match: Kairi Sane defeats Bianca BelAir
- Second Round Match: Toni Storm defeats Lacey Evans
- Second Round Match: Shayna Baszler defeats Mia Yim
- Second Round Match: Dakota Kai defeats Rhea Ripley
- Second Round Match: Candice LeRae defeats Nicole Savoy
The quarter finals were set and people were very excited to see how this one would turn out. Although some favorites might not have stayed in the tournament there were still 8 fantastic women athletes to cheer for.
- Quarter-Finals Match: Mercedes Martinez defeats Abbey Laith
- Quarter-Finals Match: Shayna Baszler defeats Candice LeRae
- Quarter-Finals Match: Toni Storm defeats Piper Niven
- Quarter-Finals Match: Kairi Sane defeats Dakota Kai
There was a six-woman tag team match with Tessa Blanchard, Jazzy Gabert, and Kay Lee Ray defeating Santana Garrett, Marti Belle, and Sarah Logan. Again, this could have been a dark match in order to give the competitors a little bit of time to rest before the semi finals matches.
But before the semi-finals kicked off, Triple H walked out to the stage. The fans started chanting “please sign Jazzy” at Triple H and he jokingly said the fans are costing him too much money already and he’s on a budget. After he thanked the crowd for being awesome he brought out Sara Del Rey and said without her there would be no women’s revolution.
Del Rey is a trainer at the WWE Performance Center in case you didn’t know. WWE never signed this amazing competitor as a wrestler, but her influence is going to help mold the future of women’s wrestling in WWE.
Now it was on to the semi-finals to decide who would be competing in the live finale.
- Semi-Finals Match: Shayna Baszler defeats Mercedes Martinez.
- Semi-Finals Match: Kairi Sane defeats Toni Storm.
So your finals for the first-ever Mae Young Classic is Shayna Baszler vs Kairi Sane. It’s really no secret the former Hojo is in the finals or Ronda Rousey’s close friend for that matter.
When these two meet in the ring it could get interesting. We’ll just have to wait and see how everything plays out in the finals.