The October 8th, 2018 edition of WWE RAW took place at the Allstate Arena in Chicago, IL.
– Triple H comes out to kick off tonight’s show right off the bat. As soon as Triple H steps in the ring, Shawn Michaels’ music hits and HBK follows him out to the ring. They’ve got microphones. Triple H talks about reaching the summit at the Super Show Down and the introduces a video package looking at what went down with them and the Brothers of Destruction. Triple H talks about how this business is supposed to be about respect, and he talks about Shawn taking him under his wing and how they fought against the world. Shawn speaks up and talks about how respect is no longer a two-way road for them. Shawn talks about the last 8 and a half years since his retirement, and calls them long years sitting there honoring his word to be retired. Shawn says he stayed retired out of respect, but that respect isn’t being returned. Shawn talks about hearing those three words again, “Are you ready.” Triple H and Shawn ask if the Brothers of Destruction are ready for Crown Jewel, because D-Generation-X is ready. Michaels says he has something to say to Kane and Taker, with absolutely no respect at all — if you’re not down with their challenge, they got two words for you, suck it. The DX music hits and HHH and HBK do their classic poses in the ring.
– Still to come: The Shield vs. Strowman, Ziggler & McIntyre; The Riott Squad vs. Ronda Rousey & The Bella Twins; and Trish Stratus is in the house.
– Coming up: Bobby Lashley vs. Kevin Owens
– Bobby Lashley vs. Kevin Owens: Lio Rush is at ringside talking trash to Owens on a mic in the opening moments of this one. Lashley starts this one off strong until Owens dodges a shot and dumps Lashley to the outside. Lashley leaps from the floor up to the apron, but Owens kicks him back down and then brawls with him around ringside. Owens gets back in the ring and runs the ropes and hits a suicide dive on Lashley. Back in the ring, Lashley turns things around as Rush continues to talk trash on the mic at ringside. Owens rolls outside to get in Rush’s face, which leads to Lashley dropping Owens at ringside. The crowd seems to be turning on Rush or Lashley, or both. Back in the ring, Lashley beats on Owens in the corner as Rush shouts instructions. Owens starts to fight back, but Lashley shuts him down with a spinebuster. Owens fights back and hits a Stunner for a two count. Owens climbs up to the top rope, but Lashley bumps Owens down and Owens gets tangled up in the ropes. Lashley puts the boots to Owens and kicks out his knee. Lashley hits the dominator for the three count.
Winner: Bobby Lashley
– After the match, Rush celebrates with Lashley. Lashley starts to leave, but then he turns around and hits the ring again. Lashley beats down Owens, and then repeatedly slams Owens’ knee around the ring post. Lashley chases off the referees and starts slamming Owens’ other knee on the ring post. It looks like Lashley has turned heel. Lashley jumps from the floor up to the apron like Lesnar and poses, then he leaves.
– The broadcast team shows us a video package looking at John Cena, who will be taking part in the World Cup Tournament at the Crown Jewel pay-per-view.
– Finn Balor and Bayley are backstage for an interview about their rematch tonight with Jinder Mahal and Alicia Fox. Bobby Lashley and Lio Rush interrupt, and Lio starts hyping up Lashley. Lio and Bobby think this should be Lashley’s interview time.
– Elias is in the ring with his guitar. Elias starts singing and trashing Chicago, but then Ronda Rousey comes out to interrupt, and her match is up next.
– The Riott Squad vs. Ronda Rousey & The Bella Twins: Nikki gets some offense in on Ruby early on, but some interference from the Riott Squad at ringside leads to Ruby dropping Nikki at ringside. Nikki tries to tag in Ronda but the Riott Squad double teams her and shuts her down. Nikki finally fights them off and hits a missile dropkick off the middle rope on Ruby. Ronda finally gets the tag and she cleans house. Ronda drops Ruby and goes for the arm bar. The Riott Squad tries to interfere, but the Bellas stop them. Ronda applies the arm bar for the win.
Winners: Ronda Rouse & The Bella Twins
– After the match, Nikki and Bella turn on Ronda and attack her. The Bella Twins beat down Ronda, but Rona fights back. Ronda drops Brie, and then she throws Nikki down. The fight spills out to ringside where the Bella throw Ronda in to the ring post to turn things around. They put the boots to Ronda as refs try to haul them off. The Bellas throw Ronda against the ring steps and fan barricade before leaving.
– Bayley & Finn Balor vs. Jinder Mahal & Alicia Fox: Jinder starts off strong and keeps him grounded with a side headlock. Alicia and Bayley come in now and Alicia drops her then stomps on her. Alicia and Bayley grab each other by the hair, and Bayley dumps her outside. Balor gets the tag and Jinder comes in. Balor and Mahal trade kicks and they fight in to the corner. Finn hits the Sling Blade and pins, but Alicia breaks it up. Bayley comes in and deals with Alicia, then drops Sunil Singh. Balor drops Jinder and hits the Coup De Grace for the three count.
Winners: Finn Balor & Bayley
– We go backstage to Braun, Dolph and Drew’s locker room. Drew and Dolph argue until Braun tells them to shut up and focus on watching his back.
– Heath Slater approaches Baron Corbin in the back and asks to be part of the battle royal for Crown Jewel. Corbin tells Slater there’s one problem – Slater is not any good. Corbin walks off.
– Baron Corbin comes out after the commercial break, and the ring is full of wrestlers for a battle royal. The ring appears to be full of enhancement talent whove never been seen before. Corbin says he didn’t just want to put himself in the World Cup at Crown Jewel, so he’s going to prove himself in this battle royal tonight. Corbin says his opponents in this battle royal are the most talent ever seen in one place, but to the viewers they appear to be jobbers.
– Battle Royal: The opening bell sounds and the jobbers surround Corbin. They swarm Corbin and try to eliminate him. Corbin finally starts fighting them off, and we see one masked jobber sitting outside who hasn’t been eliminated. The last jobber in the ring puts The Claw on Corbin, but Corbin fights him off and eliminates him too. Corbin thinks he’s won, but he has forgotten about the last masked jobber who was waiting outside. The jobber rolls in the ring as Corbin rolls outside to grab him. Corbin rolls back in the ring, but the masked man grabs him and hits a series of German suplexes as the crowd pops. The masked man, going under the name The Conquistador, then hits the Olympic Slam on Corbin and the crowd goes wild. The Conquistador pins for the three count.
Winner: The Conquistador / Kurt Angle
– After the match, Corbin recovers at ringside as The Conquistador celebrates and does flips in the ring. The Conquistador pulls his mask off to reveal that it’s Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle. Kurt’s music hits as Corbin looks shocked from ringside.
– After the break, Kurt Angle is backstage for an interview. Kurt says technically he’s still on vacation, and walks off.
– Ember Moon vs. Nia Jax: The opening bell sounds and Nia controls this one off the jump. Nia throws Ember across the ring and then goes to pick her up, but Ember latches on to Nia with a sleeper attempt. Nia throws her down, and they trade strikes now. Ember hits a hurricanrana on Nia and then kicks her out to ringside. Ember hits a suicide dive but Nia doesn’t go down. Nia charges at Ember, but Ember moves and Nia crashes in to the ring apron by herself. Ember rolls back in to the ring, and the ref counts out Nia.
Winner: Ember Moon
– After the match, Nia gets in the ring and has a stare down with Ember. They end up hugging and leaving.
– Trish Stratus makes her way out to the ring next. Trish gets in the ring with a mic and talks about wanting to enlighten Alexa Bliss with some Stratusfaction. Alexa and Mickie James interrupt, and they trade some insults with Trish. Trish calls out Alexa to come get in the ring right now. Mickie insults Trish, and Mickie suggests a tag match, if Trish can find a partner. Trish says that sounds good, and then she introduces Lita. Lita hits the ring, and the two sides start brawling. Lita and Trish clear the ring and Alexa and Mickie retreat up the ramp.
– The Shield does a pre-taped promo in the back saying they are a brotherhood and they don’t break. Rollins and Ambrose say that they are the bad guys, not Braun and his friends.
– Bobby Roode & Chad Gable vs. Viktor & Konnor: The Ascension cuts a brief promo before the match. Konnor and Viktor take turns working over Gable in the opening moments, using frequent tags to control the page. Roode finally gets the tag and cleans house. Roode hits an inverted atomic drop on Viktor and then a blockbuster off the middle rope. Gable takes Konnor outside, then Roode goes for a glorious DDT but Viktor escapes. Roode drops Viktor, and then Gable tags himself in. Gable hits the German suplex for the three count, but Roode looks confused about Gable tagging himself in to get the finish.
Winners: Bobby Roode & Chad Gable
– It looks like Roode and Gable are about to argue, but then the Authors of Pain run in to attack them. The Authors drop Roode and Gable, and then they double team them and The Ascension.
– We go to a replay of The Bellas beating down Ronda Rousey earlier.
– The broadcast team shows us a promotional video for D-X vs. The Brothers of Destruction at Crown Jewel.
– Paul Heyman comes out to the stage and says he’s here for the same reason as everyone else – he’s here to see a fight. He wants to see what happens when The Shield goes against Braun, Drew and Dolph — but he finds it ironic that 72 hours ago Reigns and Strowman beat the crap out of each other. Heyman talks about wrestlers flying around the world and beating the hell out of each other to put smiles on the faces of the WWE Universe. Heyman says his client Lesnar is home sleeping so he can go to his own gym tomorrow 1 mile away from his house. Heyman says Lesnar will enter Crown Jewel and he is the only one who will leave with the Universal Title. As Heyman finishes up his promo, The Shield’s music interrupts, and they come through the crowd to the ring.
– The Shield vs. Braun Strowman, Dolph Ziggler & Drew McIntyre: Drew starts off strong against Ambrose, and then Strowman tags in. Strowman continues the offense until Reigns tags in. Reigns and Strowman trade strikes and have some tests of strength. Reigns and The Shield end up clearing the ring, and Strowman yells at Drew and Dolph at ringside to get it together. Back in the ring, Braun chokeslams Reigns on the apron to turn things around. Ziggler tags in and continues the offense on The Big Dog. Braun tags back in and misses a spear in the corner. Reigns comes back with a Samoan Drop, and both men are down. Rollins and Ziggler get the tags and Rollins cleans house. Rollins hits a suicide dive on Drew at ringside, and then back in the ring he hits a springboard clothesline off the top on Ziggler for a two count. Rollins follows up with a kick on Ziggler and looks for the curb stomp, but Ziggler dodges it. They both reverse some shots until Rollins hits the turnbuckle powerbomb. Braun comes in and looks for a double chokeslam on Ambrose and Rollins, but Reigns comes in and they triple team Braun. Ambrose and Rollins hits suicide dives in tandem on Drew and Dolph at ringside. Braun picks up Ambrose and Rollins, but then Reigns comes flying out of the ring with a dive on Braun. Back in the ring, Rollins and Braun go at it now, and Braun drops him then applies a chin lock. Drew comes in now and continues the offense on Rollins, but Rollins drops him with a boot to the head. Braun tags in and drops everyone, but then Braun start arguing with Dolph. This leads to Ambrose coming in and decking Braun. It’s down to Ambrose and McIntyre. They fight up to the turnbuckle and Drew headbutts Ambrose down. An interference from Dolph leads to Drew hitting a suplex on Ambrose. Everyone runs in now which leads to Rollins taking Ziggler outside. Ambrose and Drew go at it now, and they hit a double clothesline and both men are down. Meanwhile at ringside, Braun and Reigns go at it, until Ambrose goes flying out of the ring with a shot on Braun. Back in the ring, Drew hits the Claymore on Ambrose for the three count.
Winners: Braun Strowman, Dolph Ziggler & Drew McIntyre
– After the match, it looks like Ambrose is going off by himself, leaving Rollins and Reigns behind. RAW goes off the air with Ambrose standing alone.