– Tonight’s WWE RAW opens with the usual intro video. We’re live from the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey as the pyro goes off and Michael Cole welcomes us. He’s joined by JBL and Booker T.
– We go right to the ring and out comes Seth Rollins with Joey Mercury and Jamie Noble.
We get a look at Rollins’ invading The Daily Show last week as he heads to the ring. Rollins takes the mic and says Jon Stewart just finished his Daily Show tapings and is on his way to RAW right now to confront him. Rollins knows Stewart is watching in his limousine and tells him he should just turn around right now. Rollins says this isn’t some Jerry Lawler/Andy Kaufman situation. A “you suck” chant breaks out. Rollins is going to show he can do Stewart’s job better than he can. Rollins goes on and is interrupted by Roman Reigns’ music. Reigns makes his way to the ring through the crowd.
Reigns says he just wanted to come out and hear everyone tells Rollins he sucks. Fans start the “you suck” chant again. Rollins goes back to praising himself. Rollins tells Reigns that he can’t beat Brock Lesnar. Rollins says he would know because he’s been in the ring with both men. Reigns says Rollins had a shot at Lesnar but couldn’t get the job done. A CM Punk chant starts up. They argue and Rollins shoves Reigns. Reigns hits him with a right hand. Reigns tosses Rollins and hits a Superman punch on Noble. Mercury takes a spear. Rollins retreats to the stage as Reigns’ music hits. Reigns and Rollins stare at each other as we go to replays. We come back and Reigns has his boot on Rollins’ briefcase, which was dropped in the ring.
– Still to come, Rollins will host his own Daily Show. Also, Paige vs. Nikki Bella for the Divas Title.
– We see Dean Ambrose backstage walking with the Intercontinental Title belt. Back to commercial.
– We come back and Rollins is yelling at The Stooges for not being there for him in the ring. Randy Orton walks up and says what just happened was embarrassing. Orton knocks The Stooges. Orton says he believes in Rollins and what he was saying. Orton says Rollins should go to The Authority and demand a match with Reigns tonight so he can prove he can out wrestle Reigns. Rollins says he can out wrestle anyone on the WWE roster. He appreciates Orton’s advice but he can handle this on his own. Orton says he was just trying to help and walks off.
Dean Ambrose vs. Bad News Barrett
We go to the ring and out comes Dean Ambrose with Bad News Barrett’s Intercontinental Title belt. Ambrose stops and looks at a ladder that’s standing on the stage. R-Truth is on commentary and Bad News Barrett waits in the ring.
We see how Ambrose got the title back from R-Truth and Ambrose puts the title down in his corner. They go to work and Ambrose stomps away. Barrett fights out of a corner and takes Ambrose down for a 2 count. Ambrose turns it around and keeps Barrett grounded. Ambrose keeps control and hits the running bulldog. Ambrose goes to the top but Barrett crotches him. Barrett with a 2 count. Barrett with knees to the head. Barrett charges with a big boot and sends Ambrose out to the floor. Barrett grabs his title and raises it as fans boo. We go to commercial with Barrett talking trash to Truth.
Back from the break and Ambrose is fighting out of a headlock. Ambrose gets knocked out of the ring and Barrett follows. Barrett works him over and has words with Truth. Truth stands up and Barrett shoves him back in the chair. Barrett turns around to Ambrose diving out of the ring onto him. They go back in the ring and Ambrose clotheslines Barrett out the other side. Ambrose leaps off the apron with a big clothesline. Truth gets up from commentary and grabs the IC Title belt. He tucks it in his coat and sits back down at commentary. Ambrose brings Barrett back in the ring and works him over some more with lots of punches and chops. Ambrose runs the ropes but Barrett nails Winds of Change for a 2 count. Luke Harper appears behind Truth at the announcers table. Harper extends his hands for the belt it looks like. Truth picks it up and hands it to him. Harper throws the belt over his shoulder and walks around the ring with it. Barrett sees this and yells at Harper to come back. Ambrose comes from behind and hits Dirty Deeds for the non-title win.
Winner: Dean Ambrose
– After the match, Ambrose looks in his corner for the belt and it’s nowhere to be found. Apparently he didn’t see Harper leave with it. Ambrose looks around and goes to the floor where Truth is. Truth opens his jacket and shows Ambrose he doesn’t have the belt. Cole says there is some strange stuff going on in WWE.
– We get a look at The Miz crashing Damien Sandow’s commercial shoot on SmackDown. We go backstage now to Miz and Sandow. They’ve gathered Cameron, Summer Rae, Darren Young, Titus O’Neil and other Superstars and Divas for the world premiere of his new commercial. Sandow tells Miz he might want to screen this privately before showing it. Miz hushes him up but Sandow tries to warn him. It turns out that The Miz recorded lines for an erectile dysfunction drug called Niagara. The commercial makes Miz look bad and Sandow look better. We come back and the whole roster is laughing at Miz for having issues below the belt. Miz says he has plenty of bullets in his arsenal. Miz yells at Sandow and says he set him up. Miz calls Sandow an ungrateful nobody and slaps him. Sandow comes right back and gets in Miz’s face. Miz tells Sandow to back down and remember where he was before they met. Miz asks Sandow what does he have to say for himself and Sandow apologizes. Sandow looks very upset as we go to commercial.
– We come back and Bray Wyatt is on the stage with the casket. He cuts a promo on The Undertaker and wonder if he still has it in him. Wyatt talks about his obsession with fire and says fire is just like him. Wyatt douses the casket in fluid. He says he would walk through hell to see Taker’s face. He says Taker doesn’t know who he’s dealing with. Wyatt says everything burns with him and at WrestleMania, The Deadman will burn also. Wyatt lights the casket on fire and yells for Taker to find him as we go to commercial.
Natalya, Cesaro and Tyson Kidd vs. Naomi and The Usos
Back from the break and out come WWE Tag Team Champions Cesaro and Tyson Kidd with Natalya. The Usos are out next with Naomi. Kidd starts off with Jey Uso.
Kidd goes to work but Uso fires back and sends him to the corner. Kidd tags in Cesaro for some double teaming and a 2 count. Cesaro takes Uso the corner but Uso fights out and hits a Samoan Drop. Cesaro rolls to the floor and avoids the Rikishi splash. Naomi tags in so Natalya comes in. Naomi kicks her in the head for a 2 count. They trade holds and Naomi hits another kick. Natalya goes down on her leg and Naomi rolls her up for a 2 count. Natalya kicks Naomi out of the ring and crawls to tag in Kidd. Jimmy Uso comes in and unloads on him. Kidd ducks a kick and nails one of his own. Kid runs into an uppercut and Uso decks Cesaro. Uso comes off the top and tags in Jey. Kidd tags in Natalya and The Usos back off. She argues with Kidd for tagging her in because she’s hurt. Naomi comes in and rolls her up from behind for the win.
Winners: Naomi and The Usos
– After the match, Natalya gets upset and yells at Kidd for tagging her in when he knew she was hurt. He hugs her and it looks like they make up.
– Cole announces Reigns vs. Rollins for tonight’s main event. Also, John Cena’s WrestleMania future will be addressed. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes John Cena. We get a look back at Rusev turning down his challenge last week. Cena says that brings him to tonight.
Cena says as much as he would love to hand Rusev his first loss and raise the United States Title at WrestleMania, he’s not going to complain if it’s not meant to be. He’s going to adapt and overcome because that’s what he does. Cena goes on about not giving up until you reach the prize. Cena says Rusev is a marked man and sooner or later, he will get his hands on him. Cena says but now, his focus should be on WrestleMania 31. Cena enters himself in the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal and fans boo. Stephanie McMahon’s music hits and out she comes.
Stephanie comes to the ring and wonders when Superstars started declaring what match they will be in. Cena says that’s what everyone is doing for the Battle Royal. Stephanie says it sounds like Cena is trying to disparage Andre the Giant. She shows us Andre on the big screen and praises him. She shows us a photo of her at 8 years old sitting on Andre’s knee. Stephanie says no, Cena cannot be in the Andre Battle Royal. Cena says he can tell by that picture that she wasn’t the bitch she is now. Cena says he wasn’t trying to belittle Andre. Stephanie says Cena couldn’t get the job done against Rusev so maybe it’s time they find someone who can. Stephanie threatens to leave Cena off of WrestleMania. She says WWE isn’t defined by Cena. She say guys like Bret Hart, Hulk Hogan and others thought WWE would sink if they left but the company thrived. Stephanie says she thinks the fans want to see Cena sit WrestleMania out and there’s a mixed reaction but mostly “yes!” chants. Stephanie says Cena isn’t special or unique. She says it’s not where would WWE be without Cena, it’s where would Cena be without WWE. Cena looks down. The music hits and out comes Curtis Axel to the stage.
Axel tells us not to change the channel because Axelmania is running wild and he gets a pop. He’s been in the Royal Rumble for 35 days and counting now. He puts himself over and say he can beat Rusev at WrestleMania. Axel says he also met Andre as a kid. He knows he’s already in the Battle Royal but 2 victories at WrestleMania is better than 2. Axel sucks up to Stephanie and calls her a visionary. He says her words are an inspiration. Stephanie thanks him. A big “Axelmania” chant breaks out. Stephanie says it looks like Axel’s star is on the rise while Cena’s is falling. She makes a match for right now and fans cheer. Stephanie says the only way Cena will face Rusev at WrestleMania is if Cena can change Rusev’s mind. She wishes him good luck. Axel asks Cena what he’s gonna do when Axelmania runs wild on him. Axel tears his t-shirt and Cena takes the mic. He’s serious and tells Axel he has one chance to leave the ring. Cena warns Axel he will not walk out of the ring if the match starts. A “Cena sucks” chant starts and we go to commercial.
John Cena vs. Curtis Axel
Back from the break and the bell rings. Axel is yelling about Axelmania and gets another fan chant going. Cena stares at him from the corner. Axel goes and Cena just stares him down. Cena runs over Axel with a clothesline and fans boo.
Cena with a right hand. Axel Hulks up as Cena looks at him. We get dueling chants for Axelmania and “Cena sucks.” Axel points at the WrestleMania sign and Cena runs over him again. Cena nails an Attitude Adjustment and applies the STF in the middle of the ring for the win.
Winner: John Cena
– After the match, WWE United States Champion Rusev comes to the stage with Lana. Rusev waves the Russian flag as Cena looks on. Lana congratulates Cena on his triumphant victory. Rusev says like Stephanie told him, the only way to get the match at WrestleMania is for Rusev to change his mind. Rusev says his answer is…. “yes” and “no” chants break out. Rusev knocks the fans and they interrupt him with a USA chant. Rusev says his decision is… no. The Russian flag drops down over the ring and rattles Cena. Rusev’s music hits as Cena looks up at the flag.
– Cole leads us to last week’s interview with Michael Hayes and Arn Anderson about Sting. The announcers hype Sting vs. Triple H at WrestleMania. Triple H will be here next. Back to commercial.
– Back from the break and out comes Triple H to the ring. We see stills from the confrontation with Sting at Fastlane.
Triple H talks about how he asked Vince McMahon for an opportunity 20 years ago. He believes he’s made the most of that opportunity. 2 weeks ago at Fastlane, he offered Sting an opportunity for his career to last forever. Triple H promised to make Sting to be bigger than he ever has been but Sting squandered that opportunity away for one chance to have a WrestleMania moment. Triple H promises he will make sure it’s as if Sting’s career never existed. He says a lot of people wonder why Sting never came to WWE. Triple H says everyone has theories, including JBL, Booker T… he calls Booker into the ring because Booker knew Sting. Fans chant for Booker as he comes in and shakes Triple H’s hand.
Triple H says he heard Booker mention on commentary that Triple H may have blocked Sting from coming to WWE all these years. Triple H says he knows Booker doesn’t believe that and asks Booker what he thinks. Booker talks about Sting and says Booker probably would have done the same thing if he was in Triple H’s shoes. Triple H says Booker is like these little kids on the internet who think they know the insides of the business when they don’t know a thing. Booker praises Sting as WCW’s last man standing and says Triple H can’t control him. Booker says nobody could control Sting – Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff, the nWo. Booker says Sting is here in WWE now and Triple H has to deal with it at WrestleMania. Triple H knocks Triple H for saying “just saying” a few times. Triple H talks about control and thanks Booker for helping. Triple H fires Booker like it’s nothing. They stare at each other and Booker exits the ring. He goes to the announce table and grabs his stuff before heading to the back. A CM Punk chant starts. Triple H stops Booker from walking away and says he was just messing with him, he’s not fired. Triple H says Booker is great at what he does and a valuable asset to the commentary team. Triple H says that was just an example of control and who has it in this situation. Triple H says he has an opportunity to end the last of WCW and he will do what he does better than anyone on Earth – he will take advantage of that opportunity and put an end to Sting. He drops the mic and the music hits as Triple H exits the ring. He stops at Booker T and says a few words before patting him on the back. Triple H heads to the back and Booker returns to commentary.
– Still to come, Seth Rollins and Jon Stewart. Also, Paige vs. Nikki Bella for the Divas Title. Back to commercial.
WWE Divas Title Match: Paige vs. Nikki Bella
Back from the break and Paige makes her way to the ring. WWE Divas Champion Nikki Bella is out next with her sister Brie Bella.
We get official ring introductions from Lilian Garcia. Paige takes control early on and goes for a 2 count. Paige looks to go for the PTO but Nikki makes it to the rope. Nikki goes to the floor for a breather as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Nikki is in control with a knee in Paige’s back. During the break, Nikki hit the Alabama Slam after taking control. Nikki with a 2 count now. Nikki hits a spinebuster for another 2 count. Paige looks to make a comeback but they collide with clotheslines and both go down. They get up and Paige counters with a clothesline and another. Paige with anther clothesline and a dropkick for a 2 count. Paige goes for the PTO and Brie gets on the apron. Paige knocks her to the floor. Paige ducks a clothesline from Niki and kicks her in the face. Paige applies the PTO in the middle of the ring but Brie runs in for the disqualification.
Winner by DQ: Paige
– After the match, the beatdown continues on Paige. AJ Lee’s music hits and she runs down to a big pop. She and Paige clean house and team up to clear the ring of both Bellas.
– Back from the commercial and we see AJ Lee skipping backstage. Renee Young walks up for comment and Paige appears. She asks AJ who asked her to come out there. AJ says she’s been watching The Bellas bully the division and she figured she would come back and “give the Divas a chance.” AJ thinks this makes she and Paige friends. AJ skips off and Paige wonders if this is a good thing.
– We go to the ring and it’s set up for The Daily Show with Seth Rollins. Mercury and Noble are behind Rollins’ desk.
Rollins calls Newark the armpit of America and shows us the clip of him invading Stewart’s Daily Show last week. Rollins says he can do Stewart’s job better than him. Rollins goes on about Stewart and says if he showed up right now, he would make him retire early. The music hits and out comes Stewart to a pop.
Stewart comes out and gets a pop for New Jersey. He takes a seat at the desk. Stewart joke that Rollins doesn’t deserve to host this show. Rollins says he just came to prove to the world that he can do the job better. Stewart grabs Rollins’ cheat sheet and says he’s really here to prove to everyone he can’t read. Stewart says Rollins looks like a SWAT team stripper with Lady Gaga’s hair. Stewart says he’s from Jersey and not afraid of the Curb Stomp. He says a curb stomp is how they greet each other in the morning. He remembers the greats who earned their spot. He says Rollins isn’t like Bruno Sammartino, Gorilla Monsoon, Mick Foley, Steve Austin, The Undertaker. Stewart says he has something Rollins doesn’t – respect. He calls Mercury and Noble the Olsen Twins. Stewart says The Authority doesn’t care about Rollins and won’t back him up. Stewart points out that Rollins isn’t wrestling for the title at WrestleMania. He says Rollins will be left with nothing but the briefcase after WrestleMania. Stewart says he was at Money In the Bank and Rollins didn’t earn that either. Rollins yells and cuts him off. Rollins says Stewart has said enough. They take Stewart’s chair and Rollins backs him up against the ropes. Rollins grabs Stewart by his collar and Randy Orton’s music hits for the distraction. Stewart hits Rollins with a low blow kick and exits the ring as The Stooges are looking at Orton walk down the ramp. Stewart runs up the ramp and celebrates as Orton heads to the back and his music plays.
– Still to come, Rollins vs. Reigns in the main event. Back to commercial.
– We come back and see a replay of what just happened with Jon Stewart. Stewart is with Renee Young backstage. He jokes about learning the low blow at wrestling school and is looking around worried. She asks if he might come back to WWE and he says it’s possible but he’s scared of getting caught backstage and leaves through the back.
Luke Harper vs. Daniel Bryan
We go to the ring and Luke Harper comes out with the Intercontinental Title belt. He stops and looks at the ladder on the stage. Daniel Bryan makes his way out next to a pop.
The bell rings and Harper immediately unloads on Bryan. He takes him to the corner. Fans chant for Bryan as he turns it around with a drop toe hold. Bryan with the dropkicks in the corner. Harper blocks one and catches Bryan, tossing him out of the ring. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Bryan is trying to turn it around with kicks. He kicks Harper into the corner but gets caught on Harper’s shoulder. Harper drops Bryan face first into the second turnbuckle. Bryan looks to be hurt as Harper drops him on his head with a German for a close 2 count. Back and forth now. They trade holds and Bryan gets the Yes Lock applied for the win.
Winner: Daniel Bryan
– After the match, Bryan goes out and stands on the announce table. He points up at the WrestleMania banner as a “yes!” chant starts. Bad News Barrett comes down and grabs his belt fro the ring. He leaves with it but Dean Ambrose stops him on the ramp. They fight into the ring and Ambrose levels him with a clothesline. Ambrose grabs the belt but Harper runs over him with a big boot. Harper falls back in the corner and R-Truth appears out of nowhere. He walks off with the title but Harper meets him at ringside. Harper orders him to drop the belt and he does. Harper hits him with a big clothesline and leaves with the belt. Harper stops on the stage and looks back at the ring. He turns around to a big superkick from Dolph Ziggler. Ziggler’s music hits as he stands with the title belt. Bryan looks up at Ziggler and gets another “yes!” chant going. Ziggler climbs the ladder on the stage as Bryan looks on from the top of the announce table. Ziggler raises the belt as Bryan chants with fans. Ziggler tells Bryan to bring it and he looks up at the WrestleMania sign.
– Cole leads us to the 2015 Hall of Fame video package for Madusa, formerly known as Alundra Blayze.
– Seth Rollins is backstage with The Stooges when Randy Orton walks in. He says Rollins should thank him for helping him keep his ob out there by not beating up Jon Stewart. Orton offers to go to ringside with Rollins tonight. Big Show and Kane walk in and say they will go out with Rollins. Noble stands up to Orton and says they don’t need everyone now and Orton walks off. Back to commercial.
– We come back and Paul Heyman is in the ring. He says yes it’s true… his client Brock Lesnar will be at WrestleMania 31. Believe that. His client will be anywhere he damn well pleases before and after WrestleMania and he will be there as the WWE World Heavyweight Champion because he will be champion as long as he damn well pleases. Heyman says believe… the mic cuts out on him but comes right back. He says the sound guy must be from New Jersey. Heyman goes on about Roman Reigns and has more mic trouble. He gets another mic from Lilian and says it’s about time she does something right. Heyman gets upset and goes on about about how he was right last week, Reigns really is a badass Samoan with a chip on his shoulder. Heyman gos over possible scenarios for WrestleMania and says Lesnar might “Ronda Rousey your ass.” The mic cuts out again and comes back. Heyman says Reigns is going to be destroyed and conquered by Brock at WrestleMania. Believe that. He tosses the microphone out of the ring. Reigns’ music hits and out he comes through the crowd.
Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins
Back from the break and we get an ad for Wiz Khalifa appearing next week. Roman Reigns waits in the ring as Seth Rollins comes out with Big Show, Kane, Mercury and Noble.
They go at it and Reigns runs over Rollins, causing him to go to the floor for a breather. Reigns nails Rollins and hits an atomic drop. Reigns goes on and Rollins retreats back to the floor for a break as Reigns laughs at him. Rollins comes in and Reigns catches a kick. Reigns drops Rollins with aright hand. Reigns whips Rollins hard into the corners. Reigns goes to work on Rollins now, keeping him down on the mat. Rollins finally blocks a shot and fights back. Reigns runs the rope but Rollins nails a dropkick. Rollins mounts Reigns with right hands now.
Rollins keeps control of Reigns for a few minutes. Reigns fights back but Rollins tosses hi to the floor. Reigns distracts the referee while The Stooges attack Reigns but he drops the. Rollins comes over and gets decked. Reigns nails one of the Stooges. Reigns comes back in and Big Show yells for Randy Orton to come out and help them. Orton’s music hits and out he comes as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Reigns catches Rollins in mid-air for a Samoan Drop but Rollins counters and drops him. Rollins goes to work on Reigns as Orton looks on. Orton is standing by himself on one side of the ring. Big Show yells at fans as Rollins has Reigns down in a headlock. Reigns finally fights up and out, slamming Rollins. Reigns with a big clothesline. Reigns with another big shot off the ropes and big blows in the corner. Reigns ducks a clothesline but Reigns catches him in a side slam for a 2 count.
The Stooges interfere but get tossed. This allows Rollins to drop Reigns for a close 2 count. Rollins goes for a powerbomb off the second rope but Reigns backdrops him to the mat. Reigns leap on the apron and takes out Noble as he runs up. Rollins takes advantage and kicks Reigns in the face for another close 2 count. Rollins goes to the top but Reigns catches him on the way down and rolls him up for 2. Reigns turns the pin into a powerbomb for another 2 count. They trade shots in the middle of the ring. Rollins charges and Reigns backdrops him to the floor. Show comes over and helps Rollins up. Reigns jumps off the apron and Rollins moves but Reigns takes Show down. Reigns goes to go back in the ring but Kane hits him with a chair while the referee isn’t looking. Reigns is brought back in for a 2 count. Reigns with Superman punches for Kane and Show. Orton grabs Reigns’ foot and distracts him. Rollins takes advantage and rolls Reigns up for the win.
Winner: Seth Rollins
– After the match, Orton walks through The Authority but doesn’t look like he’s part of the group. Reigns looks upset in the ring as he recovers. Show asks Orton where he’s going off so fast. Reigns laps out of the ring and takes out Kane, Rollins and The Stooges. He meets Show on the ramp and takes him down. Kane eats a spear. Show comes from behind and decks Reigns in the kidney before rolling him back in. Show takes a Superman punch and a spear. Rollins comes off the top but Reigns spears him in mid-air. We get replays and come back to Reigns looking on as The Authority tries to recover. RAW goes off the air with Reigns standing tall.