For many months, KENTA kept on throwing verbal barbs Jon Moxley for not being able to make it to Japan and defend his IWGP United States Championship against KENTA. Moxley could not travel to Japan for NJPW events owing to the COVID-19 pandemic, which resulted in Japan imposing a travel ban.
Moxley would eventually confront KENTA last week during an episode of NJPW Strong, where he hit KENTA with a Death Rider for his troubles. KENTA then made his shocking appearance at the end of this week’s episode of AEW Dynamite. He hit the Go To Sleep on Moxley and said that he will become the new IWGP United States Champion.
With this move, the ‘Forbidden Door’ was opened and AEW and NJPW finally have a working partnership together. However, it seems a WCW legend is not a fan of what AEW is doing.
Disco Inferno recently took to Twitter and shared his thoughts on KENTA appearing on AEW Dynamite. He completely buried Moxley’s storyline with KENTA in a sarcastic tweet. Here is what he said:
The best way to grow your audience in professional wrestling in the United States is to bring in a bunch of Japanese wrestlers that don’t speak English that nobody’s heard of to draw casual fans.
The best way to grow your audience in professional wrestling in the United States is to bring in a bunch of Japanese wrestlers that don't speak English that nobody's heard of to draw casual fans.
— Glenn Gilbertti (@TheRealDisco) February 5, 2021