The April 1st, 2019 edition of WWE RAW took place at the Capital One Arena in Washington, DC and was the last episode before WrestleMania.
– Stephanie McMahon comes out to the stage with a microphone to kick off tonight’s show. Stephanie says she’s adding herself to the WrestleMania main event with Ronda, Becky, and Charlotte, but of course it’s just an April Fool’s joke. Stephanie briefly talks about how historic it is for women to finally be headlining WrestleMania. She announces that the Women’s Title match at WrestleMania will also unify the RAW and Women’s SmackDown titles, making it “winner takes all.”
– Still to come: Kurt Angle’s final RAW appearance before his retirement; and Batista is here live.
– Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman come out to the ring next, and Heyman has a mic. Heyman references Stephanie’s announcement, and says that at WrestleMania, Brock will be the winner who takes all from Seth Rollins. Heyman says Lesnar can take anything Rollins can give him in the ring, and in life. Heyman says Rollins is nothing to Lesnar, and they’re just thinking about what’s next after Rollins. Rollins comes out to interrupt. Rollins says Brock comes around and acts like a bully, but the people don’t want Brock here and the locker room doesn’t want Brock here. Rollins gets in the ring and tells Brock that on Sunday, he’s taking his Universal Title and there isn’t anything Brock can do about it. Brock walks past Rollins and bumps shoulders with him. Rollins spins Brock around and kicks him below the belt. Brock fights back and hits a German suplex on Seth. Brock looks for the F-5, but Rollins escapes and hits another low blow. Rollins kicks Brock in the face and then hits the curb stomp. Rollins holds up the Universal Title, then throws it at Lesnar and leaves.
– Back from the break, Seth Rollins is backstage for an interview. Rollins says Brock had the low blows coming.
– The Iiconics, Nia Jax & Tamina vs. Sasha Banks, Bayley, Natalya, & Beth Phoenix: Sasha and Peyton start this one off trading strikes. Bayley tags in for the double team on Peyton, then Sasha tags back in for a kick on Peyton. Billie tags in now and Sasha drops her. Natalya tags in and throws Billie down, then Beth tags in for a double team. Peyton runs in, then the aprons clear. Sasha and Bayley appear to start arguing with Natalya and Beth. It comes down to Bayley and Billie, and an interference from Peyton leads to Bayley going down. Peyton and Billie trade tags now and take turns beating on Bayley. Nia and Tamina seem to leave The Iiconics hanging as Bayley tags in Beth. Beth seems to steal the tag from Sasha. Beth knocks Nia and Tamina off the apron, and she beats down both Iiconics. Beth hits a slam on Peyton, then she runs the ropes and Tamina pulls her out to ringside. Beth spears Tamina through the fan barricade at ringside. Peyton goes outside and brings Beth back in the ring. Peyton slaps Beth a few times, then Beth fights back and hits her finisher for the three count.
Winners: Sasha Banks, Bayley, Natalya, & Beth Phoenix
– Sasha and Bayley come face to face with Beth and Natalya after the match and they exchange words.
– Still to come: Charlotte, Becky Lynch & Ronda Rousey vs. The Riott Squad
– We see Batista arrive at the back of the building and he walks inside.
– Back from the break, Batista comes out to the ring in front of his hometown crowd. Batista steps in the ring with a mic, but before talking, he points to the big screen for a video package looking at his history with Triple H. The video talks about Triple H doing everything except for beating Batista. Back to the ring, Batista picks up the mic and says “Hunter, kiss my ass.” Batista drops the mic and raises his hands, then leaves.
– Still to come: Kurt Angle’s last RAW appearance before his retirement match at WrestleMania.
– We see a pre-taped video of Elias outside the Met Life Stadium, where WrestleMania will be held on Sunday. Elias talks about how everyone in the building will be Walking With Elias on Sunday.
– Jinder Mahal vs. Apollo Crews: The Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal statue is at ringside, and several members of the RAW roster are surrounding the ring. Jinder starts off strong in this one against Crews and tries to keep him grounded with a chin lock and elbow drops. Crews fights back with a back suplex and a kick. Crews follows up with a scissor kick and a leaping clothesline. Crews hits a frog splash off the top for the three count.
Winner: Apollo Crews
– Crews starts to celebrate, but then the other wrestlers from around ringside get in the ring and they all start brawling. They start eliminating each other one by one, and the last men standing are Crews and Titus O’Neil. Jinder and the Singh Brothers throw Titus outside from behind, then Crews takes out Jinder and the Singh Brothers. Crews gorilla press slams one of the Singh bothers out of the ring down onto Jinder at ringside. Crews celebrates with the Andre statue after.
– We see Kurt Angle and Rey Mysterio talking backstage in a locker room.
– Back from the break, Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle makes his way out to the ring. Kurt talks about how much it means to him to be on his last episode of RAW right now, and for all the good times and bad, from the bottom of his heart he wants to thank the fans. The ring announcer interrupts, and tells everyone to direct their attention to the Titantron, where they will celebrate the career of Kurt Angle. Kurt looks surprised, and then we go to a video package looking at Kurt’s career from the Olympics to present day. Back from the video, Kurt is very emotional as the crowd chants “Thank you Kurt.” Baron Corbin comes out to interrupt. Corbin sarcastically apologizes for interrupting the stroll down memory lane, but he wants to say that all of that footage is old news. He says Kurt is too old and injured, and the new superstars of today are bigger, stronger and faster, especially Corbin. Corbin says he’s sick of seeing everyone on the internet saying that Kurt deserves a better final opponent than Corbin. Corbin says Kurt is a broken down old man, and he’ll be laying on his back this Sunday. Kurt says they will square off this Sunday, but since it’s his last night on RAW, why don’t they have an exhibition match right here tonight. Corbin walks down and gets on the ring apron, but then he hops down to the floor, and he says if he fights Kurt now, Kurt won’t make it to Sunday. Rey Mysterio comes out the ramp and hits the ring. Rey grabs a mic and says we all know Corbin doesn’t want to fight Kurt tonight, but someone needs to teach Corbin a lesson. Rey says he and Corbin should throw down instead. Corbin seems to decline, but then he cheap-shots Rey. Kurt starts laying into Corbin with right hands, then he goes for a German suplex, but Corbin escapes. Rey hits a seated senton on Corbin off the top, then Kurt follows up with the Olympic Slam on Corbin. Kurt and Rey hug in the ring as Corbin heads to the back.
– SmackDown Women’s Champion Charlotte is backstage for an interview. She hypes up her match on Sunday and says that she is the one who changed the game in WWE for women.
– The Revival (c) vs. Ricochet & Aleister Black: The Revival’s RAW Tag Team Titles are on the line in this one. Black and Dawson start this one off. Dawson connects with several strikes on Black, then grabs him by the hair and tags in Wilder for the double team. Wilder continues the offense on Black until Black fights back with a kick and a hip toss. Ricochet tags in. Wilder turns things around and starts trading tags with Dawson to take turns beating on Ricochet. They look for a double team on Ricochet, but Ricochet fights them off and hits a double dropkick and then a double hurricanrana. Black tags in and they double team The Revival. Black and Dawson go at it now, but Black gets distracted by Wilder on the apron. Dawson starts working over Black’s shoulder and elbow. Wilder tags in and continues the offense, until Black finally kicks him away and tags in Ricochet. Ricochet cleans house and drops both Revival members, then he rolls up Wilder for a two count. Ricochet dropkicks Wilder into Dawson to knock him off the apron, then he rolls up Wilder for another two count. Dawson hits a cheap shot on Ricochet from the floor while Wilder distracts the ref. Black brawls with Dawson at ringside now, and Wilder gets involved. Black drops Dawson, but then Wilder hits a tornado DDT on Black off the fan barricade on the floor. Ricochet then comes flying out of the ring over the ring post with a suicide dive on both Revival members. Wilder rolls back in the ring, but Dawson prevents Ricochet from getting back in the ring by grabbing him from under the ring apron. The referee counts out Ricochet for the finish.
Winners & still RAW Tag Team Champions: The Revival
– After the match, Black hits the Black Mass on Wilder on the floor, then Ricochet drags Dawson out from under the ring. He throws Dawson in the ring, and Black hits the Black Mass on Dawson in the ring, then Ricochet follows up with the 630 splash.
– Still to come: Rey Mysterio vs. Baron Corbin; plus Ronda Rousey, Charlotte & Becky Lynch vs. The Riott Squad, and if Becky, Ronda or Charlotte turn on their teammates, they’ll be removed from WrestleMania.
– Ronda is backstage warming up, and she does a brief interview. Ronda says WrestleMania will be Becky and Charlotte’s judgment day, untill they turn on her tonight, then it’ll be tonight.
– Roman Reigns is shown backstage.
– We see Alexa Bliss backstage talking to Tyler Breeze about how great she’ll be as the host of WrestleMania. The camera pans out to show EC3 standing next to Breeze. EC3 starts laughing and talking about last week’s episode of SNL and how great it was. Braun Strowman interrupts and asks what’s so funny. They point him in the direction of two people watching SNL clips on a tablet. Braun says the two random people are either going to meet him in the ring tonight, or he’s going to find them and they’ll get these hands.
– Roman Reigns is backstage for an interview. Reigns says he’s ready to get back in the ring after Drew injured him, and he’s 100% cleared for WrestleMania. Drew McIntyre then attacks him from behind and beats down Reigns in the backstage area. Drew warns that in six days he’s coming for him. Drew leaves and Reigns gets to his feet, and he’s not happy.
– Becky does an interview at the gorilla position where she says no one cares what Charlotte has to say, and says she knows she has Ronda beat already.
– The Riott Squad vs. Charlotte, Ronda Rousey & Becky Lynch: If Charlotte, Becky or Ronda turn on each other in this match, the first woman to betray her team tonight is kicked out of their WrestleMania match. Becky and Charlotte argue in the opening minutes of this one. Becky and Ruby go at it on the mat now and Becky connects with several kicks before Ruby rolls outside to regroup. Back in the ring, Logan tags in and starts beating down Becky. Liv tags in and Becky hits a series of kicks on her. Logan runs in and Becky hits a suplex on her, then another kick and a suplex on Liv for a two count. Charlotte tags herself in, then Ronda tags herself in. Liv tries to roll up Ronda from behind, but Ronda grabs her and throws her down, then puts her in the armbar. Liv taps out for the finish.
Winners: Charlotte, Ronda Rousey and Becky Lynch
– Immediately after the bell, Ronda attacks Charlotte, then Becky gets involved and all three of them fight until security runs in. Security guards try to separate them, but they fight off the security guards Police officers then hit the ring and pull them apart. Ronda breaks free and knocks over a police officer in the scuffle. Ronda gets handcuffed and Becky hits a cheap shot on Ronda. It looks like Becky and Ronda are getting arrested, as Charlotte stands at ringside and watches. The police are walking Ronda up the ramp, then Charlotte hits a cheap shot on Ronda. Charlotte gets handcuffed next and the police walk all three of them to the back. Ronda, Becky and Charlotte all kick the police officers on the way back. They take the three backstage and put them in cars, and they’re still attacking the officers on the way. Becky and Ronda get put in the back of the same police car and they start fighting in the back and kicking each other. The police officers haul off Becky, and Charlotte escapes from the back of the car she’s in somehow and starts kicking Becky. Ronda has gotten into the front seat of the police car she was in, and she starts it and drives it into the back of the car in front of it. They put Ronda ins the back of the car, where one of the windows was kicked out. Ronda sticks her head out of the window, and Charlotte runs over and kicks her in the head. The cars with Becky and Ronda finally drive away as the officers restrain Charlotte again.
– Bobby Roode & Chad Gable vs. Heavy Machinery: Heavy Machinery starts off strong with a double team on Gable. Gable fights back with a suplex on Tucker, then Roode tags in for the double team. Lacey Evans comes out to the stage to interrupt., but doesn’t say anything. Roode gets distracted, and he misses a shot in the corner. Otis tags in and cleans house now. Roode fights back and looks for the DDT, but Otis fights him off and slams Roode in the corner. Otis follows up with his version of The Worm, “The Caterpillar.” Gable breaks up the pin, then tags himself in. Otis dumps Roode outside, and Gable looks for a splash off the top rope, but Otis catches him. They hit their double team move “The Compactor” on Gable for the three count.
Winners: Heavy Machinery
– Roode looks angry after the match.
– Michael Cole informs us that Charlotte, Ronda and Becky have been taken to a local precinct and have been booked.
– Braun Strowman handicap match: Braun is up against the two unknown guys who were backstage watching SNL on a tablet. Braun says he’s pretending that they are the two guys from SNL. Braun hits a splash on both guys in the corner, then he throws them both out of the ring one by one. Braun runs around the ring and tackles each of them one by one. Braun runs around the ring and tackles them again. He throws both men back in the ring, then he hits a splash on both of them in the corner. Braun hits a running powerslam on each of them, then he picks them up both by the hair. Braun puts both of them up on his shoulders and hits a double powerslam for the three count.
Winner: Braun Strowman
– Intercontinental Champion Bobby Lashley comes out to the ring with Lio Rush for an interview. Lio says that Finn Balor winning last week was a fluke, and Bobby had to carry Jinder Mahal’s dead weight. Bobby says he’s been fighting for a long time, and regarding “The Demon,” he’s not scared of some Irish fairytale. Finn Balor appears on the big screen to interrupt, and tells Bobby he should be concerned. Balor says he’s always had demons, and smoke starts filling the screen. Balor says at WrestleMania, his demon, will be Bobby’s nightmare. Balor change into the “the demon” facepaint in a flash, and he hisses at the camera. Balor makes faces at the camera as Bobby stares up at the big screen.
– Still to come: Rey Mysterio vs. Baron Corbin
– Back from the break, Corey Graves informs us on commentary that it’s official Balor will be competing as The Demon at WrestleMania. The broadcast team then runs down the whole card for WrestleMania.
– Baron Corbin vs. Rey Mysterio: Rey starts off strong and knocks Corbin out to ringside early on. Back in the ring, Corbin grabs Rey, but Rey reverses it into a hurricanrana that sends Corbin out to ringside. Rey looks for a suicide dive, but Corbin jumps up on the apron and elbows him in the face first. Corbin takes control now and starts trying to rip off Rey’s mask. Rey escapes, but lands bad on his knee and it looks like he tweaked his knee. Rey rolls outside for a breather and he’s really selling the knee injury. Corbin rolls outside and throws Rey into the fan barricade. Corbin takes Rey back in the ring and wastes some time taunting him. Corbin wastes too much time and Rey starts fighting back with kicks from the mat. Rey runs the ropes, but Corbin catches him and slams him down. Corbin then throws Rey out to the ringside floor. Rey climbs back to the apron, and Corbin pulls him up and slams his head into the ring post. Rey falls back out to ringside and the ref starts counting. Corbin goes out and throws Rey back in the ring. Corbin looks for a slam, but Rey reverses it into a sleeper hold. Corbin throws Rey off into the corner, but then Corbin misses a splash attempt in the corner. Rey hits the flying seated senton and then a tornado DDT. Corbin fights back, but he misses a punch and Rey fires back with a kick to the head. Rey drops Corbin across the middle rope and hits the 619. Rey looks for a splash off the top rope, but Corbin rolls out of the way and Rey crashes into the mat. Corbin looks for a powerbomb, but Rey fights out with right hands and drops Corbin. Rey runs the ropes, but Corbin catches him and hits the Deep Six. Corbin covers for the three count.
Winner: Baron Corbin
– Corbin heads up the ramp and celebrates. Kurt Angle then runs out and double-legs Corbin down to the stage floor, then he puts Corbin in the ankle lock. Corbin screams and taps out until referees come and pull Kurt off of him. We go to a replay of the cop car brawl with Ronda, Becky and Charlotte earlier. Michael Cole plugs WrestleMania one more time as RAW goes off the air.